What can't you wait to do in the new Golden Age of Runescape?

Normalize

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I like the way it is now. This may sound a little self centred, but there's no major inflation of items that affect me, and I have a sense of safety in the Wilderness, as revenant can never be as tactical as a human. The Grand Exchange maked getting items more convenient, and has centralised trading altogether, and without pkers, Jagex was able to make content for high levelled player, within the wilderness, and not take into consideration the potential of being killed by a player.

As players are getting better and more tactical, the re-releaseof the wilderness will make it a heavy combat, noob ridden, lure susceptible hell hole of rants. People will once again be used to being called noob when they kill someone, and people will get used to the fact that immature kids, who heavily rely on the internet for entertainment, will come back to Runescape, ruining the relatively mature community we try to upkeep today.

The re-release of free trade will cause heavy inflation with items. Rare items may be sold for prices higher than ever seen before, and it will become harder to find relatively useless items at a reasonable price. Since the common thread between players is that we all attempt to make profit, players will be forced to sell things at higher prices. Remember the days when law runes were 1k each? That'll be back.

The only way to find these re-releases reasonable, is if you have the ability to be self sufficient, and acquire the items that may not be available to you through barter, and, be at a high level with tactical thinking. These skills are not what most players posess, and therefore, this should not appeal to the community. But for some reason, 90% of player believe that the re-release would be a great idea. Most just voting 'Yes', without a thought to the future of Runescape. [/opinion]

Wew, I'm glad I got that out of my system. Now, time to continue questing and trying to keep from the Wilderness when the update comes, unless absolutely necessary.

Ha. Ha. Ha. Your funny. You realize have those things have no reason to happen, and half of them won't happen due to the GE? Tell me. Did you ever craft 1k laws to sell? On W2? No. You didn't. If you did, you'd know the price of 1k laws on W2 was...wait for it... about the same price as laws now. Really, laws were 1kea when someone wanted 1 law for a quick tele. Why will free trade suddenly cause items to skyrocket? I love this bit. A lot. Because there's absolutely no logical reason for it. "Well, players can sell items for more w/o trade restrictions, therefore they will." How about, "people will pay less for items, therefore they will?" You do realize, that free trade will have at best virtually no effect on stable items that are regularly traded on the GE? If this is done right, all free trade will be will do to the GE is maybe stop manipulation clans, and change certain items from "I can't get this on the GE because the GE price doesn't accurately reflect it's price" due to it being a Phat, new item, or item has gained/lost value due to some update.

Really, what you fail to realize is that Bringing Back Free Trade != Time Machine. Bringing Back Free Trade != No More GE. Thus, we will not revert back to times where it was easier to be self sufficient and you had to barter for everything.

As for the wilderness and the current content in it, I don't think it's fair for anyone to say how it will be ruined. We just simply don't know yet how Jagex will deal with that content.

Oh and to IIlllIllllIl, I somehow doubt the carnage will begin "soon enough." Just because Jagex will officially decide to bring back the wilde doesn't mean it's returning anytime soon. Unless Jagex started preparing to bring back the wilde/free trade months ago, on the assumption that the poll would result in a "Yes" vote, Jagex will have several months of work to do to bring back the wilde. Free Trade is easier, frankly I'd toss a coin on it. But, again, unless Jagex started working months ago on this assuming people would vote "yes" in this poll (which, to be fair, is a possibility) we won't be seeing the wilde back 'till the fall.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

If you've only started playing within the last 4 years, keep your comments to yourself.

I started in Aug 2008 and I want the wilderness and free trade. Should I keep this comment to myself? (Which I already said it so I blew it)

Yes even though I want it back too. There are plenty of bad things that will come out of it (that I am willing to accept) that you might not even be aware of.

I am sure you arent familiar with most of the old scams, so at the very least watch every trade carefully once free trade is back

I enjoy the fact that I could get scammed. It's fun.

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

I'm fine as long as there are some non-pvp worlds for those who don't want to get randomly griefed. For me, I'm just going to buy a couple hundred korasi's swords and chill in world 18 all day. I'll sustain my pking addition by flipping in the GE like I do now.

is there any reason you keep repeating yourself?

He's a troll, ignore him.

Also, these forums (and this game's community in general) are a good evidence for the argument that humans are inherently evil.

Or inherently stupid. <_<

Oh and to IIlllIllllIl, I somehow doubt the carnage will begin "soon enough." Just because Jagex will officially decide to bring back the wilde doesn't mean it's returning anytime soon. Unless Jagex started preparing to bring back the wilde/free trade months ago, on the assumption that the poll would result in a "Yes" vote, Jagex will have several months of work to do to bring back the wilde. Free Trade is easier, frankly I'd toss a coin on it. But, again, unless Jagex started working months ago on this assuming people would vote "yes" in this poll (which, to be fair, is a possibility) we won't be seeing the wilde back 'till the fall.

MMG already said in his clan chat that reverting things would be easy, and that he'd get the ENTIRE runescape content team working on it to make sure it gets out ASAP

yes.png

MMG already said in his clan chat that reverting things would be easy, and that he'd get the ENTIRE runescape content team working on it to make sure it gets out ASAP

Screw ASAP. Just do it right. No need to rush. It's been years. We can wait weeks.

I can't wait to not do clue scrolls.

In my opinion Jagex should have only let people who actually played back then vote for its return. There were way too many people who voted for it that had only heard about it from overly biased pkers who made it sound like the best thing ever. Free trade coming back is another thing that bugs me. The small amount of people who actually need it are the people with rares and other items with high street value, in my opinion they should just change the limit people can trade via their amount of time played + the amount of time spent as friends and make it maximum 1m or something like that.

But that's just my two cents.

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

. Free trade coming back is another thing that bugs me. The small amount of people who actually need it are the people with rares and other items with high street value, in my opinion they should just change the limit people can trade via their amount of time played + the amount of time spent as friends and make it maximum 1m or something like that.

Hogwash, I'm dirt poor and sick to death of having to wait for hours for supplies to go to DKs because I can't buy potions 4-10k over mid range.

In my opinion Jagex should have only let people who actually played back then vote for its return. There were way too many people who voted for it that had only heard about it from overly biased pkers who made it sound like the best thing ever. Free trade coming back is another thing that bugs me. The small amount of people who actually need it are the people with rares and other items with high street value, in my opinion they should just change the limit people can trade via their amount of time played + the amount of time spent as friends and make it maximum 1m or something like that.

It's really hard to bring a dragon dagger, full black hide and some cheap magic robes isn't it?

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

I thought Tip.It learned how to recognize/handle trolls after the Amitoz fiasco...

...I was wrong. :wall:

Was this before or after Macky14 and Monkey933?

Anywho...

This argument has split the RS community for years...pkers and skillers always seem to be at each others' throats...

If I remember correctly, when Runescape was first created, there was a sort of PK system already implemented where you were either a skiller, aka unable to pvp, or a Pker, able to pvp. But, my memory may have deceived me yet again...

The old wilderness was beautiful. You're able to pit yourself against ferocious players from around the world on any server and those players who went into the wilderness for monster farming, treasure trails, etc., understood the risks without the need of a silly ditch. Everyone understood the risks of the wilderness and if they didn't, they soon learned from their mistakes...hopefully. Now I admit, I used to be an avid pker. I used to casually fight other players in the wilderness on my main and soon began creating pure pker accounts specifically for the thrill of pking. Those thrills begin to fade and luring become quite popular. Even with all the warnings, people still fall for lures and scams and dropped like flies. No common sense...

When Jagex began to pamper children rather than let common sense rule is when the downfall of Runescape began. Soon Jagex introduced more and more updates aimed more for newbs and fools lacking common sense, hindering illegal activities such as luring or other illegitimate tactics. Bots and goldfarmers ran rampant because of the free trade and easy real world money exchanges. On one side, you'd have a cult following of PKers and so-called 'Elites' and on the other the newbs and whiners with no common sense. Obviously the wilderness and dueling was a means of transferring large quantities of items and sums of wealth legitimately as opposed to free trading but Jagex still kept track of large transactions. It was all a medium for gold farmers to make an easy buck. The best part was the guilt trips people bled all over the forums of those poor asian gold farming, sweat shop workers. (Frankly, I just didn't give a damn about that and still played the game.) Anywho, short story even shorter. Jagex removed the all of this:; free trade limit, real wilderness, dueling, in an effort to save their game and, not 100% certain, their behinds legal wise.

However, the effects of the previous system were rather detrimental. The community as a whole suffered. Players were often rude, arrogant or just plain stupid. It often seemed as if the servers were inhabited by 12 year olds flexing their internet egos where everything had to be settled in the wildy by their glorious 126 mains :rolleyes: as they stole their parents credit cards to pay for this game. Pking etiquette rarely, if ever, existed. The idea of honor was a ridiculous notion of pix3l loving :rolleyes: . Fair fights were often unheard of and taking down one man meant you had to deal with his 3 friends. That is if they weren't tagging out half of the time. The good pkers were baptized by fire and those who had skill were rewarded greatly. If you faced someone willing to fight to the death, you often found a new friend. It was a mess out there but still was fun.

Now I see the new features to replace the classic wilderness. Bounty hunters was amazing at first. The cheap tactics still remained but it allowed those who wanted to pk to pk and those who wanted to benefit from the wilderness without pkers do so as well. They scrapped that and introduced PvP worlds with odd...rules and limitations. I found it odd but often more rewarding for casual pking as you could gain much, much more than you could normally pking. The idea was similar to before: Pkers and Skillers were separate. It seemed to work but with the same lack of honor and respect I have grown up with dealing with the everyday 'Scaper. Instead of the old, 1item, dds spec tele/leave, we now had full bandos, turmoil, claw spec and leave. Not that much of a change but a lot more deadly with a lot more risks. I've never delved too deeply into this new system in p2p. I can't ever seem to get a decent kill or am immensely overpowered because my lack of gear and stats. 'Scapers seem to have a knack adapting to new situations though.

Those who don't PK still won't PK. Those who do, will still do. The only dramatic change I can foresee is with free trade and skillers. Merchant clans will have a major shift in power...if they lose or gain, I cannot say. Skillers and casual players will suffer either way. If the wilderness is changed to its former glory, it will be open season on green dragon killers, abyss crafters, and clue hunters.

Now, I won't say that the pkers shouldn't kill the crafters or hunters. Its in the wilderness, it is apart of the risk. You cannot complain about taking losses in a dangerous area. Its your own damn fault. Only trolls, children, and low-lives will recognize the works of those who kill the defenseless and use illegitimate tactics but if you lose your valuables in the wilderness, no one is to blame but yourself. Jagex has done everything in their power to make the risks apparent to the uninformed. The wilderness is lined with skulls, dead trees and dangerous creatures for a reason. Use common sense and you won't get killed...

In previous years, I would yearn for return of the old system however, its return may be more detrimental to the game that it may not be worth it. At this point in my RS career, I couldn't care either way. Most of my friends are either retired or unable to play. It has been years since I've seriously played this game and I've matured and grown up since then. Petty arguments over semantics and childish issues gets us no where. I haven't played much in these recent years, my memory fails me and I grow weary of this age old argument...

As a whole, I cannot see either being implemented without some sort of set back to prevent gold farming and real life trading. My rant and ramblings may just be irrelevant in the grand schemes of things.

tl;dr

return of old may hurt the new; restriction on free trade/pking maybe possible.

soulthresher.png

It's really hard to bring a dragon dagger, full black hide and some cheap magic robes isn't it?

It's also really easy to get frozen through that pr0 mage defence and then clawrushed for no reason whatsoever

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

It's also really easy to get frozen through that pr0 mage defence and then clawrushed for no reason whatsoever

Then is it really hard to bring clue, spade and a meerkat and its scrolls?

Staurolite.png

Meh, they're gonna pk you, no matter what you have/don't have on you.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I thought Tip.It learned how to recognize/handle trolls after the Amitoz fiasco...

...I was wrong. :wall:

Was this before or after Macky14 and Monkey933?

Anywho...

This argument has split the RS community for years...pkers and skillers always seem to be at each others' throats...

If I remember correctly, when Runescape was first created, there was a sort of PK system already implemented where you were either a skiller, aka unable to pvp, or a Pker, able to pvp. But, my memory may have deceived me yet again...

The old wilderness was beautiful. You're able to pit yourself against ferocious players from around the world on any server and those players who went into the wilderness for monster farming, treasure trails, etc., understood the risks without the need of a silly ditch. Everyone understood the risks of the wilderness and if they didn't, they soon learned from their mistakes...hopefully. Now I admit, I used to be an avid pker. I used to casually fight other players in the wilderness on my main and soon began creating pure pker accounts specifically for the thrill of pking. Those thrills begin to fade and luring become quite popular. Even with all the warnings, people still fall for lures and scams and dropped like flies. No common sense...

When Jagex began to pamper children rather than let common sense rule is when the downfall of Runescape began. Soon Jagex introduced more and more updates aimed more for newbs and fools lacking common sense, hindering illegal activities such as luring or other illegitimate tactics. Bots and goldfarmers ran rampant because of the free trade and easy real world money exchanges. On one side, you'd have a cult following of PKers and so-called 'Elites' and on the other the newbs and whiners with no common sense. Obviously the wilderness and dueling was a means of transferring large quantities of items and sums of wealth legitimately as opposed to free trading but Jagex still kept track of large transactions. It was all a medium for gold farmers to make an easy buck. The best part was the guilt trips people bled all over the forums of those poor asian gold farming, sweat shop workers. (Frankly, I just didn't give a damn about that and still played the game.) Anywho, short story even shorter. Jagex removed the all of this:; free trade limit, real wilderness, dueling, in an effort to save their game and, not 100% certain, their behinds legal wise.

However, the effects of the previous system were rather detrimental. The community as a whole suffered. Players were often rude, arrogant or just plain stupid. It often seemed as if the servers were inhabited by 12 year olds flexing their internet egos where everything had to be settled in the wildy by their glorious 126 mains :rolleyes: as they stole their parents credit cards to pay for this game. Pking etiquette rarely, if ever, existed. The idea of honor was a ridiculous notion of pix3l loving :rolleyes: . Fair fights were often unheard of and taking down one man meant you had to deal with his 3 friends. That is if they weren't tagging out half of the time. The good pkers were baptized by fire and those who had skill were rewarded greatly. If you faced someone willing to fight to the death, you often found a new friend. It was a mess out there but still was fun.

Now I see the new features to replace the classic wilderness. Bounty hunters was amazing at first. The cheap tactics still remained but it allowed those who wanted to pk to pk and those who wanted to benefit from the wilderness without pkers do so as well. They scrapped that and introduced PvP worlds with odd...rules and limitations. I found it odd but often more rewarding for casual pking as you could gain much, much more than you could normally pking. The idea was similar to before: Pkers and Skillers were separate. It seemed to work but with the same lack of honor and respect I have grown up with dealing with the everyday 'Scaper. Instead of the old, 1item, dds spec tele/leave, we now had full bandos, turmoil, claw spec and leave. Not that much of a change but a lot more deadly with a lot more risks. I've never delved too deeply into this new system in p2p. I can't ever seem to get a decent kill or am immensely overpowered because my lack of gear and stats. 'Scapers seem to have a knack adapting to new situations though.

Those who don't PK still won't PK. Those who do, will still do. The only dramatic change I can foresee is with free trade and skillers. Merchant clans will have a major shift in power...if they lose or gain, I cannot say. Skillers and casual players will suffer either way. If the wilderness is changed to its former glory, it will be open season on green dragon killers, abyss crafters, and clue hunters.

Now, I won't say that the pkers shouldn't kill the crafters or hunters. Its in the wilderness, it is apart of the risk. You cannot complain about taking losses in a dangerous area. Its your own damn fault. Only trolls, children, and low-lives will recognize the works of those who kill the defenseless and use illegitimate tactics but if you lose your valuables in the wilderness, no one is to blame but yourself. Jagex has done everything in their power to make the risks apparent to the uninformed. The wilderness is lined with skulls, dead trees and dangerous creatures for a reason. Use common sense and you won't get killed...

In previous years, I would yearn for return of the old system however, its return may be more detrimental to the game that it may not be worth it. At this point in my RS career, I couldn't care either way. Most of my friends are either retired or unable to play. It has been years since I've seriously played this game and I've matured and grown up since then. Petty arguments over semantics and childish issues gets us no where. I haven't played much in these recent years, my memory fails me and I grow weary of this age old argument...

As a whole, I cannot see either being implemented without some sort of set back to prevent gold farming and real life trading. My rant and ramblings may just be irrelevant in the grand schemes of things.

tl;dr

return of old may hurt the new; restriction on free trade/pking maybe possible.

Very very well said.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Meh, they're gonna pk you, no matter what you have/don't have on you.

But you won't lose anything :wink:

Staurolite.png