Post all small corrections and spelling/grammar mistakes here!

If you've found any small mistakes on the website, or some spelling/grammar errors, you can post them here instead of making a new thread.

Please be reasonable with the amount of spelling/grammar corrections posted at once and what you are reporting - it is not a good use of our time to fix tons of trivial errors (eg. Legend's Guild vs. Legends' Guild).

1.png
generic_signature.png

• 2 years later...

Hi. There are some misspelled cities and monsters across Tip.It that should be changed. I'm too lazy to list out all of the pages (there are a lot), but Google does the job for me.

[Crew edit: I've added a strikemark through the items that are complete. I added quotes around a few search terms to further eliminate unnecessary results. :thumbsup: - Speedyshel]

Edited by Sonikku
Marked off completed corrections

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

• 10 months later...

In the quest xp guide under the Agility table "* Myths of the White Lands: see "Tips, Tricks and Notes" section of the quest guide to learn how to receive the 10,000 exp. You do not get this as a reward for completing the quest, and not all of it is available in free worlds."

Firstly its awkward wording would make more sense to say:

You do not get this as a reward for completing the quest, see "Tips, Tricks and Noes" section of the quest guide to learn how to receive X xp.

This also applies to notes below:

attack, crafting, farming, fm, magic, prayer, thieiving, woodcutting.

Secondly "not all of it is available in free worlds" kinda misleading on the agility one. It is simple is not available to f2p as its a members skill. So should just say "only available to members"

Similar situation under magic for swept away; it should be un-highlighted and marked as p2p in the main list as none of the xp is available to free players as the enchanters are in pollnivneach, canafis, lunar and underground pass.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 2 months later...

Herblore Habitat; juju potions; guthix juju:

"10% boost to Herblore XP whilst making Juju potions. This boost does not apply to normal potions, but will work outside of Herblore Habitat."

Overly wordy for no reason.

"10% boost to herblore xp whilst making juju potions" specifies the limitation that the boost is for making Juju potions which makes it redundant to say it doesn't work for normal potions, it's implicit that it won't.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

In the Achievement Capes guide, it says 'Speak to Martin Thwait in the Rogues' Den below Burthorpe pub.' It should say the Flash Powder factory and that it's now in Taverley.

220px-TurtleOmaha.jpg

• 1 month later...

Dg skills guide still states wolf whistle and druidic ritual as required to unlock summoning and herblore respectively. Not true since troll warzone.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Bunch of stuff in the new Runespan guide, I think I meandered a bit and some of these are perhaps slightly on the large side for this thread, but oh well it's here now!

"The Runespan is an alternative method of training the Runecrafting skill, reputed for high experience rates and ease of play."

I'd question the use of reputed, firstly because reputed is usually used in the context of believed but not actually proven true/disproven (Eg It is reputed that the earth is flat) and secondly because it is kinda a 'fancy' word that I'd assume a good majority of English speakers, let alone foreigners, would not be familiar with.

Also introduction related is if you enter the low level first you do get a tutorial of the mechanics, this ought to be at least mentioned somewhere.

"Total Points: The number next to this icon shows the total amount of Runespan points you have earned to spend at the rewards shop. This does not include points from the runes that you currently have in your inventory!"

I'd question referring to it as 'total' seeing as it is NOT an actual total of your points (which you would be a sum of this value and the inventory value) I believe the tutorial referred to it as 'earned points' which makes more sense.

"Current Level: This icon represents which of the three Runespan levels you are currently on. There are three total levels, each with increasingly rewarding activities."

Epic misuse of the word total. Should just say there are three levels no need for the word total.

"Your task is to siphon energy from the various creatures in the Runespan and create runes for the guild. To do so, you need rune essence and the required Runecrafting level, depending on the runic creatures you want to siphon."

Should say creatures or nodes or omit the last part entirely (since it is irrelevant to obtaining essence)

"Taking from the floating essence will set your inventory essence count to twenty-five, no matter how much you were previously carrying. If you have more than twenty-five essence you will have to obtain more essence from siphoning creatures!"

Awkward phrasing try

'Collecting floating essence will allow you to gain a maximum of twenty-five essence. Once you have twenty-five or more essence you will be unable to collect from these and will have to acquire essence through siphoning or chipping creatures as detailed below.'

"You will constantly attempt to siphon energy, and the attempt will either succeed or fail. Failure will ward either no experience or very little experience."

Repetitious and kinda over-worded do not need 'and the attempt will either succeed or fail' it is kinda a given that if something is attempted (opposed to done) it can succeed or fail and any possible doubt on this matter is more than covered in the following sentences anyway.

In the opening sentence of the segment you should also amend 'all of the creatures' to 'all of the creatures and nodes' which renders this sentence unnecessary

"In addition, you may siphon energy from the many nodes scattered throughout the Runespan, described in the nodes section."

Just a bit tidier, rather than adding nodes as an after thought.

Also need a sentence on the end of the siphoning segment to say 'When a creature you are siphoning from is depleted you will be awarded with some rune essence' and probably should note somewhere that creatures are depleted after one player gets 10 runes from them in one go (eg if you break off and restart it resets)

"If you chip-off a creature, you must chip-off from at least three other creatures before you can chip-off the same one again."

If you chip a creature you must chip at least three others before you can chip this creature again.

Awkward phrasing and no need for the 'chip-off' rather than just chip.

"Whenever you wish to leave the Runespan, you can talk to one of the wizards located on various islands, who will teleport you back to the Wizard's Tower. Alternatively, you can use any conventional teleport method. Therefore it is recommended to take a wicked hood with you so that you can return to the tower whenever you want without having to find a wizard. Upon leaving, all of the runes crafted in the Runespan will be changed into their point values."

Last sentence ought to read the runes crafted and remaining essence will be taken from you with the inventory points being converted into earned points. Since it is not correct to say they 'change' in to points; they already HAVE given you points.

Navigating: Should mentioned that the runes spent on travel do subtract for your inventory points.

Wicked hoods rewards segment should specific each piece adds 25 essence and 1 rune charge, with the full set offering 1 extra teleport.

Runic Staves sentence is slightly wrong, the lesser stave CANNOT hold spells. Also should specific normal holds 500 up to level 75 spells, greater holds 1000 no level limit. Also they can hold ANY spell, not just hostile spells and when attacked with the same spell as the staff holds it can absorb the spell negating the damage and giving you extra casts. This effect improves with RC level (jmod confirmed).

"Combination Nodes vs. Single Type Nodes

In general, combination nodes offer better experience per hour. This varies depending on the node type, so try some different strategies and see what works best for your level. "

This Tip & Trick is kinda totally made-up. Combination nodes give better xp than their singular counterparts because they are higher level, nothing to do with them being combined.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Song from the Depths:

On the tip trick bit about con xp.

Probably more helpful to note the directions of left = west, right = east, above = north, below = south than just mention the compass thing.

Also the pool to reach 25k xp has a lvl 80 constitution req (mention in the thread in gen discussion), one would assume this may mean the entrance pool *might* have a level limit too. I'll prob drag my noob account over there later today so I can find out.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Comp Cape few newer task you have missing (reported by various maxed friends/clan mates etc.)

Normal cape:

Beat Fight Kiln

Beat QBD and Get first dragonkin journal (From what i hear its a 100% drop first kill anyway)

Trimmed cape:

Make Zaros symbol in Char's mini-game thing

Defeat Sunfreet

Get Constitution xp from Song from the Depths (the hidden reward post-quest)

Obtain all the dragonkin journals

Earn Vyrelord/lady title.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

• 2 months later...

In new some like it cold guide:

"With the sound monitor in hand, you can see how much noise each group is making by a bar above their heads. Try to get each bar to fill up to blue simultaneously. This is best done by running in a circle and clicking on Bouncer, Teddy, then Ping and Pong to encourage them, then repeating. Ping and Pong must be clicked on separately. As the bars remain at full or close to full you will get a series of increasingly annoyed bits of dialogue from the Walrus, until he finally emerges from his hut."

Ping and Pong do NOT have to be clicked separately, they share 1 bar. Clicking one will increase the bars over both ping and pong. I only ever clicked one of em and it worked fine.

"Use the red balloon on the coil of wire to make an insulated wire. Use the insulated wire on the wirebox."

Not sure if its 100% necessary, but may be worth noting using the wire on the balloon does not work, it has to be balloon on wire.

"Do not panic if the seals hit you - they will not proceed to systematically eliminate you as Astoria did."

Astoria does not systematically eliminate you at all. In my entire game she hit 3 ships once and 1 ship twice and at no point systematically attacked a ship.

Also for the final game I think you 'spoilers' on the seal ship locations are pointless. I died several times and the ships were not in the same locations each time I restarted annd certainly were not in the palce you suggest, one of my ships in the final match started on A1, in another match I had one running A5-A8 etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On the fishing guide http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=fishing_guide.htm the first instance of the word tuna [i crtl+f tuna to find exact location, in the bit about harpoons] is followed by "atch tuna by imply right clicking on the fi"

Obviously should be simply.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i love this site and use it almost daily. but something struck me as unusual, and when i went to look it up, found no info. the canifis slayer master will assign cyclopes, yet in the skill guide for slayer, its not mentioned in his section as a monster. i was given 41 of them. but even tho they are assigned as slayer task, you still have to earn the tokens to get in first!

• 3 weeks later...

Bad grammar on Dungeoneering page and I suspect elsewhere.

e.g. in the section "Total XP & Tokens", "The amount of tokens received" should be replaced with "The number of tokens received". This mistake is repeated in the next paragraph, and the one after that too; "amount of floors" should be "number of floors".

Generally, amount is used where the size of the item is unquantifiable, e.g. amount of flour, sugar, money, gas, water, earth, etc. Number is used for more discrete items, e.g. number of coins, tokens, houses, bananas, people, etc. You'll note that the number of items are plural, which helps to work out whether amount or number should be used.

Love the new look by the way!

• 3 months later...

Hi Yall :)

Just wanted to bring everyone's attention to a small little "trait" name error:

http://www.tip.it/ru...tats.htm#effect

Under "TRAITS":

Hard as Nails Reduced chance of this crew member dying. The Hook

This Trait is actually called "Tough as Nails" in POP. It came up in a voyage of mine and I wasn't sure what it did. So, I checked on the site and tried to find "tough" and could not find it. After searching for "nails" I found that on here it is labeled "hard as Nails. I'll try to post a picture of it. See here:

tough As nails

Thx!

Illumevert
cdada03b1e.png

Thanks, illumevert. I've changed them, but I don't do Player Owned Ports so I've asked some Crewbies to look over some other things on that page and the guide itself.

Cheers!

Stev,

Thanks so much :)) I'm not a stickler for grammar or anything, just I use that page a lot and it's pretty awesome! I just was searching and couldn't find the voyage name when contemplating on whether or not I wanted to go fr it.

cdada03b1e.png

Thanks, illumevert. I've changed them, but I don't do Player Owned Ports so I've asked some Crewbies to look over some other things on that page and the guide itself.

Cheers!

Stev, are changes effective immediately? I went back to the page: http://www.tip.it/ru...tats.htm#effect and "hard as nails" is still there. I can't find "tough as Nails" anywhere. Just FYI :)

....NVM! I just checked and it has been updated. Thank you :)))

cdada03b1e.png

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

Not meaning to be a stickler for correct sentence structure, however the following sentence does not read correctly.

"Know how take screencaptures, and crop those so they can be used in guides"

This is found in the following thread:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/318662-so-you-want-to-join-the-tipit-crew/

Should this not read:

"Know how to take screen captures and crop them so that they can be used in guides"?

• 3 weeks later...

Was just using the Task Guides, for Daemonheim, and on Easy '(E15)'

The description is "Talsar can be found in the Daemonheim camp, and right clicking him will give you the option to 'Start-Saga'. Any unabridged saga will complete this task."
Talsar should be Skaldrun. :)

Thanks ;)