i heard after 72 hrs of staying awake ur body slips into a coma

vandennn

I think my max is somewhere in the neighborhood of six days. I'd go to school, and come home and play runescape until it was time to go back to school. After three days, I went into zombie mode and started zoning out all the time.

It's a good thing I don't do that anymore, though, because after a day of staying awake, mailboxes start to look like deer when I'm driving. :ohnoes:

This is incredibly irresponsible and stupid.

Anyway, I think it was a Russian experiment during the cold war in which they studied how we act after extreme sleep deprivation. Not sure what it was called. Apparently they locked the subjects inside a room and filled it with a gas that caused them to not feel tired. Their conversations were quite chipper and cheerful in the beginning, but as the days went by they became darker and more depressive. And after a while they just sat in each corner and didn't talk at all. Skip a few more days and they started killing one another and then ate the bodies or something... and when the scientists shut the gas off they begged them to turn it on again. There's a wikipedia article on the experiment somewhere.

So yeah, get your damn sleep or you'll literally turn into zombies.

That's definately the "Russian Sleep Experiment" creepy pasta. ^_^

I've always been someone that needs his 8 hours of sleep every night or else I become a very unhappy camper.

The longest I've ever stayed up was about 26 hours on the way home from Italy. Our flights were horrible (delayed, bumpy, etc.) and I was at my wit's end by the time we got home.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I think my max is somewhere in the neighborhood of six days. I'd go to school, and come home and play runescape until it was time to go back to school. After three days, I went into zombie mode and started zoning out all the time.

It's a good thing I don't do that anymore, though, because after a day of staying awake, mailboxes start to look like deer when I'm driving. :ohnoes:

Anyway, I think it was a Russian experiment during the cold war in which they studied how we act after extreme sleep deprivation. Not sure what it was called. Apparently they locked the subjects inside a room and filled it with a gas that caused them to not feel tired. Their conversations were quite chipper and cheerful in the beginning, but as the days went by they became darker and more depressive. And after a while they just sat in each corner and didn't talk at all. Skip a few more days and they started killing one another and then ate the bodies or something... and when the scientists shut the gas off they begged them to turn it on again. There's a wikipedia article on the experiment somewhere.

That's definately the "Russian Sleep Experiment" creepy pasta. ^_^

Oh, really? Haha, I thought I read it on Wikipedia, but now that I think about it it was probably in a "post creepy things" thread on another forum.

2009rb9.jpg

Yeah that was just a fictional story. I remember thinking it was real for a while though :P

EDIT: beat me to it :P

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'm not sure what my longest time awake has been, though I know a few people that occasionally indulge in taking speed and MDMA, and they've stayed up for 40+ hours. They don't do it often though, because of the horrid comedown afterwards and also because frequent use of both is detrimental to your health.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Longest I went was 30 hours... Thanks to a long ass bus trip. Impossible to get sleep on a bus :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Speaking from personal experience, i don't have a problem missing a night of sleep and then just sleeping the next night as though it was just another normal night, as long as i don't do it too often. If you include drugs, then i can add another day to that easily, making it ~60 hours without sleep. Not something I'll do often at all though, and my body will want to catch up on the sleep if i try and do it anywhere near a regular basis.

Curious if many people here have experimented with polyphasic sleep patterns; Uberman and Everydayman in particular.

I believe it must take longer than 72 hours. One week last term I slept a total of 10 hours for the entire week, working on projects and exams. That entire week had that weird feeling like you're in a twilight...

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Yeah, there's no coma, but what you may have heard is something about micro-sleeps. Supposedly sometime after 48 hours many people start having little periods a few seconds long where they just pass out, then wake up without noticing anything. Understandably, it's a huge issue if you're driving or doing anything dangerous.

thanks so much for the responses keep them coming :thumbsup:

after further research i discovered there is a reality TV show based in the UK where 12 participants compete for a prize fund of 100,000 pounds by staying awake for a week.. i havent had the time to research the show any further or watch any episodes

anybody in the UK heard of this or watched it??

I went through a period of pretty bad sleep patterns where I was lucky if I got a hour sleep a night (was put on Tamazepam to try and sort it) So I used to play runescape a lot throughout the night.

These days I am lucky if I am still awake after 9pm, so I dont really play all that much these days.

It is 8:30 now, time for me to have a bath and go bed lol.

Joys of being pregnant AND having to get up at 5am for work :(

I've gone for about 40 odd hours, then slept for a long time... Was epic.

Also sleeping on a bus I find very easy for some reason whereas I usually take a few hours to sleep in my bed every night (I have no idea why I just have trouble sleeping...).

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Around seventy hours. A new server came out on an MMO I was playing at the time and I joined in on the race to level as fast as possible. Me and some French dude were keeping pace with each other for about the first 50 hours, then after that I started getting really sleepy and I'm sure at that point he called in back up because he was online 24/7 for what seemed forever. Anyway at that 70 hour mark I really wanted to keep going but it was getting to be near impossible, I went to sleep in an awkward position to try and wake up a bit faster but just found myself in my bed like 20 hours later.

Would I do it again? Not for a video game.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Yeah, there's no coma, but what you may have heard is something about micro-sleeps. Supposedly sometime after 48 hours many people start having little periods a few seconds long where they just pass out, then wake up without noticing anything. Understandably, it's a huge issue if you're driving or doing anything dangerous.

There is some truth in television to this. Case in point: Me being strained out with finals a month ago. I lost sleep and somehow while driving home found myself in a nearby field alongside the road. I guess I blanked out or something. I luck out more than I should, perhaps I'm a karma houdini or something.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.