Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

There are but 2 things that F2P should have that are members only right now:

1)Ability to cut maple trees (with some maples added in F2P world)

2)More bank space

That's all I ask for. :pray:

Actually, F2P's were able to cut Maple Trees years ago - there just were no Maples in the F2P area. :P The skill guide didn't say that only members can chop Maples, nor did the level-up message. It does now though.

Does it matter what it says nominally? The title doesn't matter, the effect does. I could declare myself Grand Emperor of Planet Earth and Mars right now if I wanted to and proclaim myself the absolute ruler, but that doesn't mean anything unless everyone living in Earth (and Mars) decides to follow me.

To add to the GE box thing, I feel it would be quite nice to have 4 GE slots. Maybe if it was moved to 4/10 for GE. We get 4 slots, members end up getting 10 slots.

My little list of wants (in no particular order)

More ge slots

Skillcapes

Rings of dueling

Something to make runecrafting a little more interesting, perhaps adding onto the runecrafting guild so there is more to the guild besides the minigame. Something in the guild that helps us gain runecrafting exp faster without use of minigame tokens.

Snare, and the wave class spells. Hell, maybe the teleother spells.

Some better monsters to train on to yeild higher exp rates in melee. 30k exp an hour on spiders seems rather slow :\. Maybe some better pvm weapons? A weapon with a special would be nice.

Crossbows for ranged. And the ability to smith bolts. Just normal bolts, not the enchanted gem studded ones

tfssig.png

To add to the GE box thing, I feel it would be quite nice to have 4 GE slots. Maybe if it was moved to 4/10 for GE. We get 4 slots, members end up getting 10 slots.

I totally agree. Why not give members more slots whilst doing the same for F2P? I'm sure P2P would appreciate the added selling/buying boxes.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

Capes of achievement, that would be great :) .

You can wear and use cape emotes in non-members, but you have to be members to acheive the capes, which makes sense because most of the cape givers are in P2P areas anyway.

Ah yes, this is something we all know however. As to whether it makes sense I am not so sure. It would be very easy to implement these capes into f2p. One of my suggestions for it was teleporting to the cape master just as f2p players can already do in order to obtain a broomstick from Maggie (from Halloween 2008 quest).

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

You can wear and use cape emotes in non-members, but you have to be members to acheive the capes, which makes sense because most of the cape givers are in P2P areas anyway.

How about making the defence bonuses in f2p atleast? So if a member goes f2p they can still use the skillcape?

S1r_eatalot.png

How about making the defence bonuses in f2p atleast? So if a member goes f2p they can still use the skillcape?

If F2P themselves cannot get skill capes at all, why on earth should members be able to come into F2P worlds with a defensive bonus we cannot even obtain? Sounds unfair for all pvp/pvm aspects of the game.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

If F2P themselves cannot get skill capes at all, why on earth should members be able to come into F2P worlds with a defensive bonus we cannot even obtain? Sounds unfair for all pvp/pvm aspects of the game.

QFT: it'd be like members being able to come into F2P with their dragon hatchets, Barrows gear and what-have-you-not and have all the stat bonuses available. It'd be too unfair to F2P, as our items and stats are limited.

card.png

F2P should only get more bankspace, when I was F2P I struggled to keep my items below 64. They definetely should not be able to get skill capes because it's a member thing and I just don't think it should be F2P...

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

F2P should only get more bankspace, when I was F2P I struggled to keep my items below 64. They definetely should not be able to get skill capes because it's a member thing and I just don't think it should be F2P...

I find that if you concentrate on one to three goals, you can keep your bankspace pretty low. Right now I'm RCing, then I'll be mining and then maybe come more WCing. I've got a grand total of like 30 space used (Also, I'm a space Nazi).

In my personal opinion, F2P does not really need more bankspace. We need some method to store our random events elsewhere, but other than that, I think we can manage.

As for skill capes... Why can't they be F2P? I mean, many things that were P2P became F2P in the past.

card.png

Not sure about your reasoning there. F2P should not get capes because of the fact that they are currently members and you "just don't think they should"? Care to elaborate on that?

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Okay, I follow this thread and I see a lot of posts on skillcapes. This is my opinion:

Jagex wants to keep skillcapes P2P only so that F2Ps will pay 1 month membership just for the cape. This would encourage them to stay members, and if they lose the cape in F2P, it will also encourage them to pay for another month of membership just for the cape.

Do F2Ps actually deserve skillcapes?

Yes:

• -Its possible to reach Level 99 in any F2P stat in F2P, so why shouldnt it be possible to get skillcapes in F2P?

-Its just as much work, if not more, to get Level 99 in any skill in F2P.

-Some F2P skill masters are in F2P areas.

-Its already posible to perform the emotes of any skillcape in F2P.

-The stat boosts are all defensive, not making a whole lot of difference in F2P.

No:

• -Some F2P skill masters are in P2P areas, so it would be unfair to release just a few skillcapes to F2P.

-Skillcapes being P2P only gives Jagex more money.

-+9 bonus in all defensive stats still counts.

-The skillcapes are really only used for looks in F2P.

Some possibilities of skillcapes becoming F2P:

• -Release only skillcapes that are F2P skills, and which have skill masters in F2P areas.

-Release only untrimmed skillcapes to F2P, even if they have more than one skill at Level 99. This would make skillcape hoods still P2P only as well.

-Make skillcapes equipable and bankable in F2P, but still make it so that you have to get P2P for the cape.

There also could be another equipable item thats already F2P, but will show the icon of the mastered skill.

example: Rune Kiteshields with the icon on them.

Okay, I follow this thread and I see a lot of posts on skillcapes. This is my opinion:

Jagex wants to keep skillcapes P2P only so that F2Ps will pay 1 month membership just for the cape. This would encourage them to stay members, and if they lose the cape in F2P, it will also encourage them to pay for another month of membership just for the cape.

Do F2Ps actually deserve skillcapes?

Yes:

• -Its possible to reach Level 99 in any F2P stat in F2P, so why shouldnt it be possible to get skillcapes in F2P?

-Its just as much work, if not more, to get Level 99 in any skill in F2P.

-Some F2P skill masters are in F2P areas.

-Its already posible to perform the emotes of any skillcape in F2P.

-The stat boosts are all defensive, not making a whole lot of difference in F2P.

No:

• -Some F2P skill masters are in P2P areas, so it would be unfair to release just a few skillcapes to F2P.

-Skillcapes being P2P only gives Jagex more money.

-+9 bonus in all defensive stats still counts.

-The skillcapes are really only used for looks in F2P.

Some possibilities of skillcapes becoming F2P:

• -Release only skillcapes that are F2P skills, and which have skill masters in F2P areas.

-Release only untrimmed skillcapes to F2P, even if they have more than one skill at Level 99. This would make skillcape hoods still P2P only as well.

-Make skillcapes equipable and bankable in F2P, but still make it so that you have to get P2P for the cape.

There also could be another equipable item thats already F2P, but will show the icon of the mastered skill.

example: Rune Kiteshields with the icon on them.

I think they should do what they did to Maggie (The Swept Away witch). Make the Lumby guide or someone tele you into an area with ALL the masters.

Erm, even though i am P2p, i'd like to see Capes of Achievement in F2p.

Erm, one question, most of the people who post here will be F2p, so why the link to the forum they cannot post on?

this is something i totally agree with .... posting in rs forum would be great for f2p as they can say their opinions,sell things....

i also would like as a f2p to be able to cast more spells like the waves spells and to snare and entangle

I'm P2P as well, but I think if F2P got forums use, there'd just be a lot of SPAM and macro accounts posting across the forums. I'd like F2P to have more of the standard spellbook as well, a few friends of mine with 99 magic lost their membership... Plus, Capes of Achievement. I don't think they'd need much else. :thumbsup:

Slayer drops: Black Mask: 1 (Ik I fail)

18.jpg

There are been solutions to this problem posted on this board way too many times. Also, try looking at the RSOF, the P2P players have screwed it up enough themselves. Adding all of the F2P world probably wouldn't help.

I agree with you the forums won't be opened up to all F2P players simply because of lack of server space. If the requirements on F2P were to have over 1k total level, over 50 hours of playing time, under 2 blackmarks, but they blackmarks have to be x years old, y years of playing time and maybe a system for granting forum privileges similar to player moderator nominations.

If the responsible F2P players are screened and allowed to use the forums, perhaps the overall quality could help rather than just paying $5 for a membership which isn't much of a screen.

Something that was said about the official forum suggestion long ago.

tfssig.png

QFT: it'd be like members being able to come into F2P with their dragon hatchets, Barrows gear and what-have-you-not and have all the stat bonuses available. It'd be too unfair to F2P, as our items and stats are limited.

Would get alot more people to buy members though.

Zerker_jane.png

Would get alot more people to buy members though.

Or just make a lot of people unhappy. I don't see how giving skill capes f2p bonuses would give Jagex any more members. Those who wear capes will wear the capes, anything else is just a bonus. More people aren't going to go to show off in f2p just because of that. (Well they will, but so many f2p'ers know how the capes compared the the new members going on f2p that it is insignificant.)

If Jagex allowed members items to start granting their bonuses on F2P, I'm rather sure quite a few F2Per's would slow down or stop playing. Why on earth would you want to play this game where people can best you at any skill because they pay money?

card.png

I think the reasons F2P don't get Achievement Capes or the ability to post in the forums, are pretty obvious.

As far as the capes, earning one is a symbol that you have mastered that skill, and that you have done all you can do in that skill. Even if you reach level 99 a skill in F2P, there are still a lot of things in that skill you haven't done, so you surely haven't completed it totally. The cape shows that you have completed that skill, and without a P2P account, you simply haven't. Besides, this may not sound very nice, but... Why would Jagex want to reward players for playing that game for THAT long without paying?

Similarly, this may not be nice either, but as forum posts go, the opinion of F2P players is simply... Not useful. They're not getting money from you, so obviously their attention is spent much more on people who are actually paying them. If they're getting anyone's opinion, it will be that of P2P players.

The cape shows that you have completed that skill, and without a P2P account, you simply haven't.

Howso? What do you define as a "completed" skill? Are you trying to say that a skill is not "completed" until one does everything doable in that skill? I disagree. A skillcape is used to show that a player has over 13 034 716 (or so) exp in a skill. Not that they have done everything doable in that skill, as your opinion seems to suggest.

Personally, I do think skillcapes should be F2P, however I do not believe that they should be obtainable in F2P. Because many F2P'ers who got 99 in a skill become P2P for the skillcape, Jagex could make skillcapes F2P. Meaning that the F2P'er would still have to become P2P to get the cape, but doesn't have to worry about taking off the cape.

Similarly, this may not be nice either, but as forum posts go, the opinion of F2P players is simply... Not useful.

Alright, so we aren't creating much revenue for them, fair enough. F2P not going on the forums? I absolutely agree, though not for the same reason. I disagree that our opinions are useless, if a F2P'er were to submit a bug report, would you dismiss their claims because that player's F2P? If we think that there's a problem with an update, are our thoughts void? No. While it is true that Jagex should cater to it's paying audience first, that doesn't mean that F2P has no useful input.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it