Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

I think f2p deserve the amulet of glory, it's not like it teleports to any members places...

You need to do a members quest to recharge the amulet, the recharging place is in a members area.

Would not make sense to not let them make their own amulets, because they can make all the other amulets.

The dragonstones are only available of rare monster drops and crystal keys (members), the chest for the dragonstones are in a members area, you would also need to give them the magic spell for enchanting dragon jewellery.

So no, this would create to much trouble.

I'm not sure about the Amulet of Glory, but I wouldn't mind letting F2P have it.

As for the trouble - the only real issues would be the Merlin's Crystal and the Master Thieves' Armband, the latter of which I'm not seeing as a real requirement (nothing to really tie the two quests together on paper), and the former being in an exclusively Members' only area. So maybe it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Maybe only uncharged amulets could be available for f2p? and they could be available only on the grand exchange, kind of like how maple logs were only available for f2p players on the grand exchange before the resource dungeons came out?

Turtle_Drink.png

Turtle_Drink.png

I got my rapier :D

I really don't see the benefit in giving free players the amulet of glory as the only useful place it could teleport us to would be Kramaja. We can already use the canoes to get to Edgeville (granted, not from everywhere, but it's useful if you're in Lumbridge), the Explorer's Ring (3) to teleport near Draynor and the home teleport to get near Al-Kharid. As pointed out already, the coding issues wouldn't be worth it.

I'd rather have a teleport we can use to get to Varrock without using runes. We already have one for just about every other major area (two put us near Falador, one for Daemonhiem and the home teleport for Lumbridge), so why not one for Varrock? Although, the canoe system does take us to Barbarian Village. I guess that's something.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I really don't see the benefit in giving free players the amulet of glory as the only useful place it could teleport us to would be Kramaja. We can already use the canoes to get to Edgeville (granted, not from everywhere, but it's useful if you're in Lumbridge), the Explorer's Ring (3) to teleport near Draynor and the home teleport to get near Al-Kharid. As pointed out already, the coding issues wouldn't be worth it.

I'd rather have a teleport we can use to get to Varrock without using runes. We already have one for just about every other major area (two put us near Falador, one for Daemonhiem and the home teleport for Lumbridge), so why not one for Varrock? Although, the canoe system does take us to Barbarian Village. I guess that's something.

You forgot the Skull Sceptre. That one puts you straight in Gunnar's Ground aka Barbarian Village. That one is relatively close to Edgevile and on the way to Varrock.

Downside is that it's hard to collect the parts. Granted in member's world it's fairly easy if you have completed the varrock diary.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I had forgotten about the Skull Sceptre (mostly because I've never gotten one), thank you. But compared to the other teleport options, I don't think it's as good. It only has 5 uses while the cabbage patch/clan camp/Daemonhiem/Lumbridge teleports are unlimited. Not only that, but the clan camp/Daemonhiem/Lumbridge teleports are available to even the most unskilled level 3 noob.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why can't F2P stake more than 40K? :angry:

Given that free play can already trade an unlimited amount, it doesn't make sense to put a cap on staking.

Couldn't care less though.

This.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fly fishing, anyone?

Read some f2p guides, I'm still surprised many people are unaware of solid training methods.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 2 months later...

Why can't F2P have 10 year veteran capes.

Ive played for over 10 years, more than 5 as a member. Now i'm f2p, but cant wear my cape or hood. just cause im f2p doesnt mean i havent played 10+years jagex!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Try looking at it from Jagex’s point of view. All the updates made in the game.. All the quests that are there. It is all made available for people that work for a company. To do that.. they need an income. Something that p2p players, and adverts in f2p will bring in. To keep those people paying for the game they need to make sure that P2P stays worth buying compared to F2P. And therefore f2p misses a lot of options that p2p has. All the question asked in this topic can be answered with Jagex cannot or will not take the risk of making it interesting for P2P players to go back to F2P and stay their.

small add on:

To me its a miracle that F2P still excists and that JaGex still take time in moderating the servers were the F2P worlds are hosted on. I think runescape is like the only game that does this

rsn changed for a short period of time to: GM Dutch

Don't see why F2P needs it - currently in P2P duel wielding is vastly inferior to two-handed weapons.

Unless something is done about duel wielding, it's pretty much useless.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i agree with a lot of the statements here, having been both P2P and F2P, it is quite safe to say that not many ppl get 99's in F2P. However, i know the odd few who have, and have as a result purchased membership just for the cape. I do see JaGex's reasons for keeping it P2P.

Takai_Chisei.png

i agree with a lot of the statements here, having been both P2P and F2P, it is quite safe to say that not many ppl get 99's in F2P. However, i know the odd few who have, and have as a result purchased membership just for the cape. I do see JaGex's reasons for keeping it P2P.

Yea, I get the whole idea of feeling pride in being pure f2p because the training is harder, there is more competition for resources, the methods are slower, and you have none of the free-exp mini-games and D&D's so getting a 99 takes a hell of a lot more time and grind. On the other hand, pure f2p'ers have to recognize that jumping around yelling "look at me, I not only will never pay, but I make my lack of payment a point of pride," doesn't help when petitioning a corporation for free stuff.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

• 1 month later...

Maybe it was already posted, bbut the ability to bank member's items from the sof. Some might become members later, and use the earned items instead of discarding. Which leads to another rant of how f2p players have a good chance of getting a member object because so many are listed.

I'd just be happy if they had more free items than members items on the SoF when you're not a member. I only get stuff I can claim about 2-3 times a week.

I'd just be happy if they had more free items than members items on the SoF when you're not a member. I only get stuff I can claim about 2-3 times a week.

Or at least allow conversion to coins, halved if needed.

• Like 1

I wish F2P would get one boss, not Elvarg that you fight one time. I want a boss that could be fun for a group of 4 people to fight. I would LOVE Slayer in F2P, but that will likely never happen. That's all I could think of.

overall-1.png: --- combat.png: ---

sig8.png

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

sig9.png

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

• 2 weeks later...