Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

I havnt' been a f2p for a very long time but it always annoyed me that you guys can't use yew bows or rune arrows, despite being able to cut yews down and mine/smith rune :S

Also, you guys should be entitiled to use crossbows. At the moment, melee is way overpowered in f2p. (Or at least it was)

Lol I know the time that f2p got mith and addy arrows, and maple and willow bows. They couldn't use that in the past. Now you want yew bows as well? :P

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Highscores.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Why can't F2P have...? Well let's see here.

Why can't F2P have a damn proper FREE game that isn't filled with pitfalls like restrictions, membership advertisements, and shit customer support.

Give us a GOOD free game, Jagex. Not this pile of bullcrap.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Why can't F2P have...? Well let's see here.

Why can't F2P have a damn proper FREE game that isn't filled with pitfalls like restrictions, membership advertisements, and shit customer support.

Give us a GOOD free game, Jagex. Not this pile of bullcrap.

Sorry to say but I think Jagex still has the best free game left. At least the biggest one.

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

But what they're doing currently is killing off their F2P playerbase, the total opposite of what other games are doing. Look at WoW, ToonTown and DDO.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• 3 weeks later...

F2P could use some better crossbows and bolts. Up to steel ideally. Currently our only crossbows are both +6 range and use bronze bolts; quite weak.

• Like 1

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Wouldn't mind if there was a lite highscores option, so stat sigs will still work, but there won't be any ranks.

They could even limit it at 24h update, so it won't cost that much of the server. Because that would still work for stat sigs and trackers :) But I don't think they will do it anyway.

Retired item crew

• 4 weeks later...

I`ve played runescape on and off for 4-5 years and all this time I have seen a very limited amount of stuff that has been around since before I joined has been given to f2p even when it has become next to obsolete in p2p,the only items that f2p has gained from p2p have been the ones that touched f2p breifly on their way to p2p. Although looking at most of the older post f2p has acheived a lot of the things that were needed or nesscessary for f2p to be worth it but other than that and some things that make the game almost new and definitly worth it Jagex has done next to nothing for f2p. I hate to see it and recently they have even been taking things from f2p such as highscores, but they did give us forums...

I will be back but have to go.

but they did give us forums...

Shh...don't jinx it. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I was honestly surprised when they gave it to us in the first place.

• Like 1

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Half of the idiot posters on the rsof of f2pers, so it'd probably be a good thing, honestly.

That would make the other half of the idiot posters members. I guess its time to shut down RSOF.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I wouldn't be against removing some no-theme freeplay worlds to save up some bandwidth. Or y'know convert those to members-only servers.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Just so long as they don't do it until I'm done with Mining. It's hard enough to find a free spot as it is. :P

Seriously though, given that most F2P worlds have less than 300 people on at any given time this has to be something that they're seriously considering.

• 4 weeks later...

We have had new melee weapons, Jagex didn't have to give us access to the Gravite weapons (or any of the Dungeoneering rewards).

I think f2p deserve the amulet of glory, it's not like it teleports to any members places...

You need to do a members quest to recharge the amulet, the recharging place is in a members area.

Would not make sense to not let them make their own amulets, because they can make all the other amulets.

The dragonstones are only available of rare monster drops and crystal keys (members), the chest for the dragonstones are in a members area, you would also need to give them the magic spell for enchanting dragon jewellery.

So no, this would create to much trouble.

Retired item crew

I think f2p deserve the amulet of glory, it's not like it teleports to any members places...

You need to do a members quest to recharge the amulet, the recharging place is in a members area.

Would not make sense to not let them make their own amulets, because they can make all the other amulets.

The dragonstones are only available of rare monster drops and crystal keys (members), the chest for the dragonstones are in a members area, you would also need to give them the magic spell for enchanting dragon jewellery.

So no, this would create to much trouble.

I'm not sure about the Amulet of Glory, but I wouldn't mind letting F2P have it.

As for the trouble - the only real issues would be the Merlin's Crystal and the Master Thieves' Armband, the latter of which I'm not seeing as a real requirement (nothing to really tie the two quests together on paper), and the former being in an exclusively Members' only area. So maybe it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.