Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

yew bows / rune arrows ( as grav can use them?), snare (bind just sucks..), any mage armor would help even splitbark

we get lvl 40 range and melee gear. why no mage?

thats about it. fletching would be good but i doubt that we would get it

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

F2p should get:

Yew longbow

Rune arrows

Crossbow up to mith

Bolts up to mith

And the next skill that comes out should be f2p (because dungeoneering has almost no use).

Dheginsea.png

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

• 2 weeks later...

F2p needs a rune equivalent for Magic and Ranged.

I also dislike how the best spell that F2p can use is fire blast, with a max hit of 160. It just means that you could have 99 mage and only hit 160 without bonuses. That doesn't seem right to me.

71b76e512e.png

And the next skill that comes out should be f2p (because dungeoneering has almost no use).

Highly disagree. Most of the rewards and the resource dungeons are enough to nullify your point.

I don't really want the next skill to be f2p however... I don't want burden over burden of more skill training when I have enough to do already.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Highly disagree. Most of the rewards and the resource dungeons are enough to nullify your point.

I don't really want the next skill to be f2p however... I don't want burden over burden of more skill training when I have enough to do already.

I agree. F2P has enough skills. The only exception to this rule, in my opinion, would be fletching. But even that I can live without. And yeah, the resource dungeons are nice. Last time I was on, I could enter even the low-level ones and see nobody during "peak hours".

Really only a magic and range boost is needed. Magic hits way too low to be of any use in f2p. Range does not hit that low but for activities like pking ranging koing is a bit hard.

As for new skills i do not think its needed and dung counts as a f2p skill so i think thats good. (at least for now).

Tomas_Speed.png

Player since 2005; Still a newbie today.

I'd like a few more FtP capes. Perhaps as a dungeoneering reward ala Spirit Cape?

I found a panda and then we bought malt liquor. I hold my malt liquor better than a panda.

And I thought my weekends were good. ._.

why would f2p want a spirit cape?

He means a different kind of obtainable cape obtainable from dungeoneering.

I'm not for or against this, really. It just depends on the type of cape.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I would like to get two thingiies added:

Skillcapes, I do not understand why a player who has achieved a 99 needs to pay to wear a cool cape.

Runecrafting updates, I dont want to get 60k/h experience, but F2P should have access to craft Nature, Chaos, Law and maybe Death Runes, as we are also able to use them.

F2p's fastest leveling person :), check out my blog:

My Goal-thread to max F2P within a year and a half :P.

Nuffbutmage.png

I could care less for skillcapes really. Not for or against them.

As for runecrafting, even in p2p 60k xp/hr is pretty phenomenal. Out of the runes you suggested, death is definitely a no as a quest is required to access it. Chaos runecrafting won't chnge anything. Nature and law, I'm not sure what the effect they will have in f2p runecrafting and the economy in general, so a no for me.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I guess my hope is far off, but a light in a tunnel was introduced to F2P, when maple became a cuttable Tree for non-members and with the release of dungeoneering and the ability to craft the runes within dungeoneering. If not for the experience gains, it would be beside Runite Mining the second oppoturnity for F2P to make a little profit with skills, as I am not counting Yew trees since they are overun with macroers in every single World :...(. I guess it would indeed harm the Prices of Runes a bit, but what the Free Trade reinsallment brought back can be seen on nature runes at the moment.

If it happens, then not in the Next months or even years.

In addition there could be a balancement of the combat Triangle, since Magic is totally underpowered.

Maybe a new F2P Prayer would be fair as well, simply because our Book stopps at not even reaching the half (45 Mystic Might).

Some more useful Dungeoneering rewards, would increase the motivation of clicking doors too, this could be linked with unlocking Prayers, such as members were awarded. F2P's dungeoneering gave us good new Magic Equipment, Nonetheless the max hit of a Fire Blast with the best gear at slower speed than a Rune Scimiter is impossible to compare :(.

F2p's fastest leveling person :), check out my blog:

My Goal-thread to max F2P within a year and a half :P.

Nuffbutmage.png

• 3 weeks later...

Bank slots are hugely, hugely imbalanced. Granted those who pay deserve to have more, but the current situation is just disproportionate. Free players have 78 slots, members have 438. Personally, I think free players deserve around 150 to balance this issue a little.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Bank slots are hugely, hugely imbalanced. Granted those who pay deserve to have more, but the current situation is just disproportionate. Free players have 78 slots, members have 438. Personally, I think free players deserve around 150 to balance this issue a little.

I had no problems with bank slots, personally. I sit just above the 70 mark with all items deposited in, I bank a lot of skilling items and random event items take up ~20 spaces too.

I say it's fine as is. It's a matter of organization.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Potions.

My biggest gripe about F2P is the fact only melee has a potion (and only a damage increasing one at that). F2P should have access to:

Attack Potion

Strength Potion (currently have)

Defense Potion

Ranged Potion (Lower boost and change current ranged potion to super ranged)

Magic Potion (Lower boost and change current magic potion to super magic)

In my eyes, the potions would at least help somewhat to push the triangle in F2P in the right direction since magic and ranged would be able to deal more damage and have slightly better accuracy.

This also helps the dump off of excess "junk" potions in members. There are a lot more basic attack potions made in P2P than consumed, so this would add a nice demand for those products, maybe even making them profitable to make for P2P.

I had no problems with bank slots, personally. I sit just above the 70 mark with all items deposited in, I bank a lot of skilling items and random event items take up ~20 spaces too.

I say it's fine as is. It's a matter of organization.

My point was not that people need more slots necessarily, though free players who aren't as organised as yourslef are unfairly burdened with the restrictions and need for organisation, which leads to many I know doing regular bank clear outs - arguably a relatively boring task.

Instead, I believe that the ratio of bank slots for F2P and P2P should be a little more balanced; the current ratio of 39:219 is massively disproportionate, regardless of whether or not it is enough for some people, and personally I think it really does need balancing. Now, aside from random event items and necessities for skilling, there are other things to be taken into consideration. One example would be holiday items; though they can be effectively stored with Diango to save space, anyone using them regularly will want them in their bank. On my old account, which I owned from 2005 until 2010, when it was hacked, I had at least 30 holiday items from five years of Easters, Christmas' and so on. Storing with Diango is a pain with things you use regularly, and so I opted not to. Bank slots are, in short, also quite inadequate for many, as well as unfairly proportioned.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Storing with Diango is a pain with things you use regularly, and so I opted not to. Bank slots are, in short, also quite inadequate for many, as well as unfairly proportioned.

I would see this as more of an issue with access to holiday items than bank space. Moving the Diango "holiday items storage tab" to button on your bank interface would fix the issue without adding/changing any bank storage amounts.

At that point you could access your Holiday items from any bank, and they would require 0 space in your bank storage limit.

Mystic robes.

Because it is the mage equivalent of Rune or green d'hide.

also give f2p splitbark.

f2p need something like that.

members never use it.

That's because splitbark is a niche item that's difficult to get hold of, looks silly, and has the wrong bonuses to be any use, really.

I'm not an efficienado.

Reason F2P didn't get capes is because their stats far outstripped those of any existing cape and would be too much of an advantage. You will never have them.

If I recall, the capes either didn't have any stats or only increased def by +5.

Defense +5 is hardly groundbreaking, especially since full rune already does the job.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Reason F2P didn't get capes is because their stats far outstripped those of any existing cape and would be too much of an advantage. You will never have them.

You pay 50k for the cape. You will also need a 5 year old account. Is +5 too much to ask for F2Pers?

But I feel a little pissed because Jagex clearly said that they would release it to ALL PLAYERS, they used the phrase even as recently as the BTS (which came out a day before the update). They gave no explanation at all, and simply made it P2P. They even let F2Pers vote. Way to tease, Jagex.

I know I'm P2P, but this is just a disgusting company ethic.