Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

There isn't enough dragonhide in the market already?

Point is if you make one dragonhide craftable, then everyone wants all the rest. It won't work. It's not like it's that expensive for a set anyway.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I have been f2p all of my life and i think first when they do an update for f2p they should fix magic and maybe smithing plus the dungeoneering rewards before they do prayer.

Haha p2p has been waiting for a good smithing update also. Seems like almost every other skill has gotten some kind of big update in the past few years.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

There isn't enough dragonhide in the market already?

Point is if you make one dragonhide craftable, then everyone wants all the rest. It won't work. It's not like it's that expensive for a set anyway.

yea but seems stupid if u can wear green d hide yet u cant make it.. and nobody would want craft other d hides because they cant wear them now so it wouldnt make a difference.. sure green d hide is cheap but still

Here's what I mean: People know p2p is better. However, some people are still f2p despite this. Why? It is not up to us to judge or even to know, but considering that fact there's certainly no point in reminding them of this fact, since all it does it lead the discussion off-topic and fails to answer any question or contribute to any discussion started by said player.

It's just how I feel on the matter, sorry for bringing it away from the main point about green dragons.

In business, companies don't care why you can't pay, just that you aren't paying (insurance/banks notwithstanding). Whenever this discussion is brought up, I attack the fact that the person does not/can not pay for membership, without regard as to why they don't/can't. At the end of the day, you are using a service, and "I can't pay/don't want to pay" is not a valid excuse for why a company should release something for free, ever. Compared to Western MMOs, Jagex is very giving. Find most MMOs that are freemium and none of them offer the same experience Runescape does, without the big stick beating you about the face to subscribe.

I mentioned Asian free to play MMOs in an earlier post, and I want to expand upon that. When my MMO website was still in its infancy, I managed to get a talk in with a few Asian MMO publishers (many of these are republished in the West by companies like Frogster and Hanbitsoft). One of them told me that the longer an account is active without buying in-game tokens, the more likely they are to be banned for minor infractions. Why? Because after two years of playing without paying for service, the company decides you are no longer a prospective buyer, and therefore a liability rather than a potential customer. One of them, when I asked if they were worried the player would quit rather than start a new account, said that a good percentage of players (mainly ones with guilds) would set up a new account, and would actually start buying cash shop items (generally double exp and gear) to catch up to their old toons. As for the ones that quit entirely? "[bleep] 'em" is the response.

You'll notice I keep away from using certain catchphrases that a lot of members use. Giving free players green dragonhide isn't going to dilute the value of membership, nor is anyone going to say "hey, green dragonhide is free. Guess I don't need this membership *cancel*," because the update is too small to have that any kind of overall effect on the game other than "hey, there's some better armor for rangers/mages/melee hybrids." What I am concerned with is how badly maintained the green dragons are already, with enough bots on members worlds camping them as it is, without a hundred more worlds filled with botters bringing down green dragonhide prices.

I suggest you take a look at my website, because despite what you may take from this thread, I've always been a major supporter of subscription games going freemium ala Runescape (in fact, it's something of a highlight), and have a growing database with the purpose of helping people pay as little as possible for their games. I imagine even harder to believe is I have an initiative starting in February called "How Free Can You Be?" where I will be looking at various triple-a MMOs, as well as putting up interviews, with the sole purpose of finding MMOs with the best content for absolutely free.

So perhaps this is just me spending far too much of my time in a business frame of mind, but I do have issues with how this would imbalance the green dragonhide market.

not going to bother reading that but im guessing ur just argument is u want us to pay.. which i completely understand..

just remember this is a "rant" forum so expect some pretty wild and far fetched arguments and topics being posted and discussed.. i honestly feel as though this topic is completely reasonable..

I was too lazy to read your original post, so I'll just assume your some stupid whiny F2P'er who's too cheap for membership but wants everything members offers anyways.

L2PAY OR GTFO!

Note: if I had actually read your first post, I might've tried to post a less obnoxious and more intelligent remark, but I'm too lazy to read.

Honestly, how much I like this idea is directly proportional to how much dragon bones go down if it happens. Conversely, how much I dislike this update is directly proportional to how much dragon bones go up if it happens.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Thread regarding why can't F2Pers have green dragons merged with existing topic. :)

You messed it up.

You could always report it so we can fix it faster.

Stickied and Fixed Name.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I think F2P is missing some boss monsters, since i think the strongest monster in f2p are Lesser Demons, which don't take ANY effort or skill to kill, Think there needs to be a boss which can atleast hit 400's in f2p.

asdfghgfds.png

Yew Shortbow/Yew Longbows, Rune Arrows, Teletabs, Snare, Splitbark armor, Fire wave (but the max hit be adjusted to 180, not 200), and Monkfish.

I am P2P, and I prefer to PK F2P because I find it more balanced. Getting 700+'s hit on me is downright dumb.

Why 180? Magic needs more damage output in f2p...200 sounds like a good number when you add in the gravite staff, arcane blast, and blastbox

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I think F2P is missing some boss monsters, since i think the strongest monster in f2p are Lesser Demons, which don't take ANY effort or skill to kill, Think there needs to be a boss which can atleast hit 400's in f2p.

Once again, there's the monsters and bosses in dungeoneering.

Oh, and revenants when the wildy comes back sounds pretty dangerous too. They still retain their 3 combat styles (without freeze/teleblock though) and are located in a PvP area. Sounds dangerous to me.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Shortcut Improvements

Finally, this month, we aim to update many shortcuts so that they no longer require you to carry an item to use them, and are unlocking a few to add to the free game. Free-to-play will now be given access to the River Lum canoes, which no longer require a hatchet to make. However, using high-quality axes will speed up the process. Members with Construction levels up to 51 will also be able to build hidey-holes (at crossbow shortcuts) and rope racks (at eyries) in the following locations:

win.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Why can't F2P stake more than 40K? :angry:

Given that free play can already trade an unlimited amount, it doesn't make sense to put a cap on staking.

Couldn't care less though.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I have been f2p all of my life and i think first when they do an update for f2p they should fix magic and maybe smithing plus the dungeoneering rewards before they do prayer.

smithing as a whole needs to be updated :-\

and yes, i've said forever that f2p needs better magic. now that members have surges I'm pretty sure f2p needs waves. and snare. cause we all know how pointless bind is minus wars.

also i think splitbark armor, no one in p2p uses that anymore right? im not saying open up all that area with getting the fine cloth, just let f2p have it :o

(im p2p with 99 magic)

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

Mystic robes.

Because it is the mage equivalent of Rune or green d'hide.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

• 3 weeks later...

Yew Shortbow/Yew Longbows, Rune Arrows, Teletabs, Snare, Splitbark armor, Fire wave (but the max hit be adjusted to 180, not 200), and Monkfish.

I am P2P, and I prefer to PK F2P because I find it more balanced. Getting 700+'s hit on me is downright dumb.

I think f2p needs rune arrows only for Gravite bow. Not yew or anything, that would make Gbow just a popular as g2h.

Tylers_Leet.png