Why can't F2P have...?

Forum_User

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A higher tier armor than 50 that isn't some corrupted version that disappears into nothing, that you have to get lucky to get from Revenants in the wilderness.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

We did...for about 3 weeks. <_<

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

We did...for about 3 weeks. <_<

And you will...for another 7 weeks. Honestly, I don't have a problem with Dragon Armor/Red dragonhide/Gifolic Armor going F2P, especially since P2P has ports armor and soon t90 armor. I know for F2P, Batwing and blue dragonhide is still relatively new. But when they finally release all t90 armor I think F2P should get t60.

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I don't think Lv. 60 equipment should be made F2P.

While it isn't a problem for Red dragonhide:

1- Grifolic degrades and F2Pers would have no way to repair it (Granted, they could just re-buy another set off G.E. once the first one degraded completely)

2- Many dragon items require P2P quests in order to use them. They would be able to wear med helm/full helm, platebody/chainbody, platelegs/plateskirt, but they wouldn't be able to wield the square shield (although they could wield the kiteshield) and would only be able to use Dragon 2h sword (they wouldn't have access to Spears/Halberds and claws would most likely remain P2P-only.)

They could make Lv. 60 equipment in F2P work if they removed the quest requirements on half of Dragon equipment; Why should half of the Lv. 60 melee equipment require quests to use when Ranged and Magic don't? Not to mention every tier of equipment above that require zero quests either.

I don't think Lv. 60 equipment should be made F2P.

While it isn't a problem for Red dragonhide:

1- Grifolic degrades and F2Pers would have no way to repair it (Granted, they could just re-buy another set off G.E. once the first one degraded completely)

FOG items also degraded and required F2P to play FOG to fix it. Dragonstone Armor doesn't degrade but can only be traded on F2P; they can't do clue scrolls to get them. A lot of other items are also for F2P use but P2P earned. Also, Grifolic isn't that expensive; all the no degradable pieces dropped by monster cost less than a vine whip. If F2P was to use it, then making it, trading it, or what have you can benefit P2P as another way to make money. Also F2P gets some new armor just as P2P does.

2- Many dragon items require P2P quests in order to use them. They would be able to wear med helm/full helm, platebody/chainbody, platelegs/plateskirt, but they wouldn't be able to wield the square shield (although they could wield the kiteshield) and would only be able to use Dragon 2h sword (they wouldn't have access to Spears/Halberds and claws would most likely remain P2P-only.)

They could make Lv. 60 equipment in F2P work if they removed the quest requirements on half of Dragon equipment; Why should half of the Lv. 60 melee equipment require quests to use when Ranged and Magic don't? Not to mention every tier of equipment above that require zero quests either.

Why should Dragon Armor have quest requirements and Range/Magic don't in this age of Runescape? The fact of the matter is, dragon equipment isn't the rite of passage it used to be. For P2P, with the exception of the Dragon Platebody and Full helm all Dragon equipment is almost treated as throw away. Having these quest requirements to wield this stuff was cool back in the day, because that was the height of your skill. But as new armor keeps coming to the game it laughable to use dragon gear unless you lack the level for Barrows+ or are really poor. And being poor isn't an excuse unless you were hacked consider the tons of money making methods P2P has. I know Dragon weapons/armors are just about the only t60 thing P2P has, but P2P nubs have been mix matching sets since forever, and non questers have always done the quest they need for their most preferred item before forgetting the rest. Level 60 in anything is harder in F2P than P2P; once a player learns and gets some foresight into how to train, the real grind doesn't start until 85+. I think F2P can be rewarded with t60 now that P2P is getting t90.

Answers in bold.

29386_s.gif

I already know that Fist of Guthix equipment degraded. The difference is that every F2P degradable weapons and armour have a way for F2P to repair/recharge it (With the exception of corrupt dragon, for obvious reasons), while Grifolic wouldn't have that option.

But as I said, that isn't that much of a deal because buying a brand new set on G.E. costs about the same as buying the flakes to repair it.

And you're kind of just repeating what I just said about Dragon armour having quest requirements.

You say repeating, but I was expanding how I felt about it. Nonetheless, I don't see the problem then since you seemed to point out that it really isn't a problem to re-buy the magic armor and that it was odd for only Dragon armor to have quest requirements. Unless you would rather have it that way.

29386_s.gif

Capes of achievements as its even harder for f2p to get them, should have it

Agreed. Also need to hide the members advertising, like the subscribe button on the top left. Unless you already can and i missed the option to. It would also be better if we keep our true skill totals now instead of maxing at level 5 for members stats on f2p worlds if you have higher than lvl 5

• 8 months later...

Honestly, I'm not speaking for anyone else, but I wish the Gertrude's Cat quest would be made F2P. If I recall correctly, all the areas you need to go for that quest are already in F2P areas, so why not?

Also I want to have a pet cat in game and I don't feel like paying membership just to get a cat

Honestly, I'm not speaking for anyone else, but I wish the Gertrude's Cat quest would be made F2P. If I recall correctly, all the areas you need to go for that quest are already in F2P areas, so why not?

Also I want to have a pet cat in game and I don't feel like paying membership just to get a cat

Sawmill is P2P.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Sawmill is P2P.

I just checked and I could access the area where in the quest you find the cat and the kittens just fine in F2P.

Unless they moved the area where you find them to a P2P only location, but checking guides to the quest shows they didn't.

• 5 months later...

Awwwe give the f2pers a taste!

If I would be f2p I would hate to be able to level up my skills to 5, seems like you are giving someone a present and after a few minutes take that present away.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I havent been f2p since fletching came out..

• Like 1

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

The real pain about this system (for P2P) was that if you went on an F2P world for even just a few seconds, it would cut your P2P skills to 5/## and you would have to wait an eternity for them to restore themselves.  I see that they've fixed it now though.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.