Runescape on iPad

b_ad

Hey I'm new. Thought I'd make my first post kinda interesting... The other day over on Runescape forums somebody was talking about iPads and Runescape, saying it was impossible -- I like the prove people wrong. ;)

4953645.jpg

4953633.jpg

How to get Runescape, any website, any program, any flash, any game, any javascript on your iPad. There is a 1/4 of a second delay between tapping the screen, but oh well, its easy enough to do most simple/medium things on Runescape, but don't think you'll be doing any bosses.

1. Download 'Splashtop Remote Desktop' for £1.19. Make sure its the iPad version, not iTouch or Phone.

2. Download Splashtop onto your laptop or computer. http://www.splashtop.com/

3. Set up Splashtop on your computer, including setting up the password.

4. On your iPad click on the Splashtop icon.

5. Click your computer name and type in the password.

6. Open your internet browser on the iPad. (via the Splashtop app)

7. Go to Runescape. Click play.

8. Whenever you want to type touch the keyboard in the bottom right corner to bring up the keyboard - or use a wireless apple keyboard!

Warning: As I said before, please dont go to bosses on your iPad unless their is no lag. I have done cooking, fletching, herblore, agility, thieving and a small amount of magic on my iPad and it all worked well. Good luck.

EDIT: Yes you can also do this on your iPod or iPhone.

Twitter:@messily

B_ad.png

O.O this looks fantastic. How is it to play? A little fiddly I would assume, and no keyboard input :/

Its good to play actually. To right click you just hold down a little longer. But not long enough to be holding down your finger for ages - just a small hold.

And yeah that kinda sucks but I use my Apple wireless keyboard :)

B_ad.png

I can't imagine the iPad's battery life will be too great playing Runescape. Pretty cool nonetheless, though I think I'll stick to using a computer :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

It's looks pretty sweet and it looks like I'll be getting an iPad to fool around with (aka test) this summer so I'll definitely be trying this out.

Oh and welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Ipad is basically a giant Iphone or Itouch without the ability to make calls. While it is cool that it is technically possible I dont know why anyone would consider buying one in place of a laptop (apple or not)

I got mine from a friend. I also have an iPhone, but when I dont have access to my laptop I'd rather use my ipads 9.7 inch screen than my iphones 3.5 inch screen.

Maybe one day I'll make a video of RuneScape on iPad.

B_ad.png

It's looks pretty sweet and it looks like I'll be getting an iPad to fool around with (aka test) this summer so I'll definitely be trying this out.

Thanks for the welcome + you should get the iPad 2 when its released if you have the money. If not, its not like iPad 1 is bad :)

B_ad.png

How is the video streamrate on that?

I do the same thing but with teamviewer (which is free), however despite being on LAN it still takes time to buffer or load as the character runs etc, i also have to drag the cursor around rather than it being touch to click only.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Thanks for the welcome + you should get the iPad 2 when its released if you have the money. If not, its not like iPad 1 is bad :)

Or just get a laptop for the same amount of money.

Stellactic.gif

My parents bought an iPad a while ago and don't even use it anymore. I tried to convince them not to and save the money but no...

Anyways, I've tried a similar way of doing this on the iPhone and it was pretty cool but obviously unplayable.

Wait a minute, isn't this just a VNC program? This has been possible for years now. It's nothing new. Why are you acting like you've stumbled on the Holy Grail?

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Or just get a laptop for the same amount of money.

I got my iPad from a friend for free.

B_ad.png

Wait a minute, isn't this just a VNC program? This has been possible for years now. It's nothing new. Why are you acting like you've stumbled on the Holy Grail?

Because most players still dont know about this and if I'm skilling and talking to people and they ask why I'm taking so long to reply and I tell them they dont believe me.

B_ad.png

I've done this before.

It sucks

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Now for runescape on Panasonic Jungle/Pandora :thumbup:

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

cloud browse theres a space

Meh, nothing.

Are you sure? I just searched and got a result for it.

99 cent app, not bad.