Yellowstone's Super Volcano takes a "Deep Breath"

Zilla

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, I remember reading about this around 5 years ago.

Still nothing happened.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Oh yeah, I remember reading about this around 5 years ago.

Still nothing happened.

Yeah, the time frame is pretty big, it could erupt any moment, but that's the same for 100,000 years from now. This is apparently the biggest "breath" yet, in some areas the ground raised by almost a foot.

vizardsig-1.png

Im safe from the blast, but I'll be buried in ash. Thank you jet stream.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

The circle on the map is marking the area of massive devastation. If I lived only slightly outside this circle, I wouldn't be too thrilled about it, since it probably means that instead of being "massivley devastated" I get only "devastated". Basically if this thing blows the whole US will suffer consequences.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I hope that I am alive to see this. Nature has a way of cleansing the earth of its pesky surface-nuisances.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Damn nature, you scary

Good thing I live in MA :thumbup:

MA ftw. We're nowhere near that circle of death.

It's pretty freaky that one volcano could do that much damage.

Adventure_Time_by_Titan_of_Tacos.png

If it does erupt, United States will no longer be a super power, and Canada will become even less appealing.

The United States would effectively be destroyed, and most of the world would suffer greatly because of the ash. It would probably be in the atmosphere for at least a year, and the globe would become fairly colder. The famine brought would do a lot more damage then the eruption.

vizardsig-1.png

How much land could the ash impact?

Basically all of it.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

How much land could the ash impact?

Basically all of it.

Pretty much. Also another fun fact, the Toba Catastrophe apparently put Earth into a Volcanic Winter for about 6-10 years.

vizardsig-1.png

If it does erupt, United States will no longer be a super power, and Canada will become even less appealing.

The United States would effectively be destroyed, and most of the world would suffer greatly because of the ash. It would probably be in the atmosphere for at least a year, and the globe would become fairly colder. The famine brought would do a lot more damage then the eruption.

That reminds me of dinosaurs... and we all know what happened to them :unsure:

Oh and I'm like 30km ish outside the circle, lol. Good to be up north?

Staurolite.png