Yellowstone's Super Volcano takes a "Deep Breath"

Zilla

If it does erupt, United States will no longer be a super power, and Canada will become even less appealing.

The United States would effectively be destroyed, and most of the world would suffer greatly because of the ash. It would probably be in the atmosphere for at least a year, and the globe would become fairly colder. The famine brought would do a lot more damage then the eruption.

That reminds me of dinosaurs... and we all know what happened to them :unsure:

Oh and I'm like 30km ish outside the circle, lol. Good to be up north?

If anything, you're going to get a nice chunk of ash. If I recall correctly, the winds would send ash more northward I think.

Either way, it's just as likely to blow tomorrow as it is 100 years from now, or even a million from now.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah! Australia! No volcanoes near us!

You got no farmland. The world's farmland will be covered in ash. Starvation for Aussieland? Hell yes.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Yeah! Australia! No volcanoes near us!

I'd miss you guys if it did go. ;-;

Your native flora and fauna would eventually finish you guys off.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Either way, it's just as likely to blow tomorrow as it is 100 years from now, or even a million from now.

Pretty much this (though maybe not the million years). I read that this supervolcano has been erupting fairly regularly every 600,000 years. It's been 640,000 years. But the magma is still 10km from the surface according to reports, so we should be pretty safe for the time being (hopefully).

However, I am extremely curious to see what happens when it does erupt and explode, despite me living here in the US (though out of the ring of mass destruction). I think it would be cool to see the effects, so in a way, I do want to see it go off in my lifetime (maybe when I'm 80 or something)....... Does that make me a bad person? D:

1icyna.png

I'd love to see the blast personally, for science. Either way, just live life like you really do.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

If it blows, I'm blaming Obomba.

And with good reason, too.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Mweh, the odds of humanity surviving this biggie is pretty low

It'll probably be The End of the World as We Know It

- USA & Canada will be utterly devastated and probably wiped out of existence due to initial eruption and the human response (HUGE EFFING PANIC)

- western Europe will get a nice dustlayer over it after a few days, killing the crops (livestock could survive if it is inside) but crops can be resown next year (volcanic ash is very good fertilizer)

- the upper layers of the atmosphere will be satiated with volcanic ash, blocking out the sun for a large amount of time, leading to death of plants, followed by the death of herbivores, and finally, if it lasts a long time, carnivores

after the end will look like FallOut and all those other post-nuclear landscapes (without the destroyed structures though :thumbsup: )

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

I'm scared, because the circle shows the radius of the lava flow and destruction. The whole United States and most of the world will be covered in ash and fall into Volcanic winter. Last time this erupted, the only life that survived was in South Africa. Yes, we are all related to south-africans. That's why I laugh at racists.

I'm scared, because the circle shows the radius of the lava flow and destruction. The whole United States and most of the world will be covered in ash and fall into Volcanic winter. Last time this erupted, the only life that survived was in South Africa. Yes, we are all related to south-africans. That's why I laugh at racists.

We're all related to the great apes as well, so that's why I laugh at people who look down on animals.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I think we can survive a few inches of ash/liquid cement.

Won't be the end of the world.

Step on a plant.

Does it grow?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I think people are underestimating the effect of the ash cloud, from wikipedia:

Fluoride poisoning and death can occur in livestock that graze on ash-covered grass if fluoride is present in high concentrations.[19] Inhaling volcanic ash may cause problems for people whose respiratory system is already compromised by disorders such as asthma or emphysema. The abrasive texture can cause irritation and scratching of the surface of the eyes. People who wear contact lenses should wear glasses during an ashfall, to prevent eye damage. Furthermore, the combination of volcanic ash with moisture in the lungs can create a substance akin to liquid cement.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

No one is underestimating it. People in here think it will be the end of the world.

No, life would continue, and heck the human race would survive too. Just a lot of people would starve and we might be catapulted back to the dark ages.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]