Which will suite my needs better?

Noxx

Now i know there has been a lot of threads on this exact topic, but even after reading most of them i could not find one that is really similar to my situation. Anyway to get to the point.

I'm roughly a day away from getting 200k Tokens. My first Chaotic is going to be a Melee weapon.

What do i plan on using it for?

Seeing as i do very little Slayer these my days on RuneScape are spent Monster Hunting. This includes Solo Bandos, Solo Zamorak, Solo Saradomin, TDs and DKs.

I have full Bandos Armour and an Elysian. Now i keep hearing that CLS is a better option when you have an Elysian or a Divine, then i hear that no matter what, Rapier is better. I don't to end up getting a Rapier when a CLS would suite my needs better, and vica verca. I'm almost sure for Solo Saradomin and for TDs (even at Zamorak considdering the way i solo, which is similar to the Solo Saradomin method) a CLS would be much better seeing as higher hits are more important than faster hits. As for Bandos and DKs i'm not sure.

Any input welcome, but please don't bring the "girls like a bigger penis" into it >.<

Now i know there has been a lot of threads on this exact topic, but even after reading most of them i could not find one that is really similar to my situation. Anyway to get to the point.

I'm roughly a day away from getting 200k Tokens. My first Chaotic is going to be a Melee weapon.

What do i plan on using it for?

Seeing as i do very little Slayer these my days on RuneScape are spent Monster Hunting. This includes Solo Bandos, Solo Zamorak, Solo Saradomin, TDs and DKs.

I have full Bandos Armour and an Elysian. Now i keep hearing that CLS is a better option when you have an Elysian or a Divine, then i hear that no matter what, Rapier is better. I don't to end up getting a Rapier when a CLS would suite my needs better, and vica verca. I'm almost sure for Solo Saradomin and for TDs (even at Zamorak considdering the way i solo, which is similar to the Solo Saradomin method) a CLS would be much better seeing as higher hits are more important than faster hits. As for Bandos and DKs i'm not sure.

Any input welcome, but please don't bring the "girls like a bigger penis" into it >.<

From my understanding elysian is useless at bandos and DK's

Apparently you can already camp Bandos for ~2 hours at a time with just good soulsplitting and bones to peaches.

And ely supposedly only boosts DK trips by a dozen or so kills, im not so sure about DKs.

I had a friend buy an ely, use it at DKs, and tell me he didn't really think it made a difference.

Wouldn't know about DKs personally as I don't hunt them due to lack of effigy drops.

I would never use an ely at TD's.

the travel time back to TD's is only 3 mins.

And generally you don't need defense at all for TDs.

solo zamorak and saradomin are pretty bad money these days, but maybe CLS is better?

depends on if zamorak and saradomin GWD are weak to stab or not.

I've heard that zilyanna is weak to stab. If that is the case, rapier is better.

Same applies to zamorak GWD. Which according to rswiki, he is weak to stab.

Naaxi.png

Rapier tends to be used purely for its stab option, that's it. If you plan on using the sword to kill metal drags/stab-weak monsters, then take the rapier. If you plan on killing slash weak monsters, take the longsword.

div>

Rapier tends to be used purely for its stab option, that's it. If you plan on using the sword to kill metal drags/stab-weak monsters, then take the rapier. If you plan on killing slash weak monsters, take the longsword.

slash weak monsters? that actually have high defense?

can you actually name any?

They don't really exist.

Naaxi.png

They don't have high defence, lol.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Slash weak critters, I can name plenty: any/all kinds of rangers, any/all kinds of mages. There, that's 50...

You should be banned from H&A.

As for the OP, I would have to say that the maul would probably suit your needs better overall (though that'd leave you at a huge disadvantage for Arma and Nex), but my advice is to just push to get both weapons. After your second chaotic, the rest seem to pour in very quickly. I'm 12k tokens from my final chaotic and it seems like I just got my ccbow a few days ago (maybe because I did . . .).

Check out my signature if you have trouble finding good teams. ;)

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

G3t R34p13r cuz it r r4p3 ur appon3ntz lulz!!@!!@!@

Get a rapier because we always dk/td together, definitely better for those. It's only like 2% worse at Bandos solo, and it's better for anti-crashing.

And lets face it, for teams, Rapier + ddef is rediculously accurate, and you still dish out 500's a lot faster then maul smacks 650's and CLS slashes 575's.

Sure, Maul/CLS might be a tad bit better at a select few places, but rapier is second to none almost everywhere. And most definitely third to none absolutely everywhere else (Melee only, obviously).

Sumondskull6.png

The rapier equals the cls for solo bandos and I wouldn't be surprised if it was equal for Zilyana as well due to faster minion kills.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

at the end of the day, it comes down to personal preference. Noone can tell you whats best for you, only make suggestions.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

at the end of the day, it comes down to personal preference. Noone can tell you whats best for you, only make suggestions.

Pro trollin' right there.

EDIT: Whip and Rapier is exact same speed right? Because SS Flashing Graardor, K'rill and Suprime is tricky enough as it is. I don't think i'll be able to do it with anything even slightly faster.

There are only a few speeds a weapon can have. The only weapons faster than whip (which does equal the rapier) are ranged weapons, that is, shortbows, knives, darts, karil's crossbow.

They don't really exist.

correct me if im wrong but i beleive graahdor is weak to slash

They don't really exist.

correct me if im wrong but i beleive graahdor is weak to slash

That's not confirmed as far as I know. It's inspired by bandos armour being stronger versus crush.

every time i use cls i am disappointed with it

except wyverns - it's astonishingly good there.

And there, I'd say you should soulsplit chaotic maul :P

Afterall the wyverns can only max hit 500 damage with their icebreath

and they only use that 1/3rd of the time.

between 15 minute graves and the fact that plenty of dungeoneering skeletons can probably hit just as high, I really don't see the point of being so scared of a 500 LP max hit.

Naaxi.png

Meh. I have both, hardly touch CLS now.

However - I still maintain that it is better for bandos soloing (using divine). Rapier is too innaccurate without a defender, and I like to have a shield to last longer.

The big problem with using CLS at Bandos is it makes you extremely crashable. Rapier + defender will crash CLS + defender every time. You also waste a lot of prayer by taking MUCH longer to kill the minions with CLS. AND I've never seen any video that convinced me that CLS is actually any better at all for Bandos than rapier- they 0 streak just as often as my rapier does with divine.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Meh. I have both, hardly touch CLS now.

However - I still maintain that it is better for bandos soloing (using divine). Rapier is too innaccurate without a defender, and I like to have a shield to last longer.

The big problem with using CLS at Bandos is it makes you extremely crashable. Rapier + defender will crash CLS + defender every time. You also waste a lot of prayer by taking MUCH longer to kill the minions with CLS. AND I've never seen any video that convinced me that CLS is actually any better at all for Bandos than rapier- they 0 streak just as often as my rapier does with divine.

That's just, subjectively, how it feels to me.

I agree that rapier is better with defender, and that minion kills are faster. Hard to tell overall. Also easier to SS flash on Graar with cls than rapier too.

Ease of SS flashing is subjective- I've spent so much time flashing with whip and then rapier than it's completely natural, I can do longsword speed but it's more difficult for me.

Ironically, that's the only subjective part. There is a correct answer for what gives the best DPS, but it's too close to get an actual conclusion (which pretty much means we can assume they're equal in that regard). We know for a fact that with a defender rapier is better, so CLS can't anticrash. We know for a fact rapier saves prayer by killing the minions faster. We know that some people can flash more easily with CLS or rapier, but can learn the other one with some effort. The only argument we're hearing FOR the CLS is "I feel like it hits better," which is not really an argument so much as a justification for using an inferior weapon. Not that you shouldn't use it if you like it (if you don't mind being crashed), but it's not nice to get other people crashed by telling them that CLS is better.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Zammy is weaker to stab in my experience

The slash option at Sara works better (for me at least) than stab, same with Bandos, but its less noticeable there

DKs I don't notice a difference between slash and stab on my rapier

To be honest I think rapier is better all around, cls is more for specific uses like said before wyverns and bandos with divine

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Zammy - Rapier, zammy has horrible defense, the rapier rips through him

Bandos - Both....when using a shield, the cls is slightly better, when using a defender, the rapier is better. SInce you're soloing, I would assume you use a shield more there then a defender.

Saradomin - CLS, saradomins defense is too high for the rapier to be effective....DO NOT believe zily is weak to stab...she is not....Maul is actually the best chaotic there

TDs - If you're really fast as switching, rapier. If you're not, cls.

DKs - Supreme has almost no defense to melee, so a faster weapon benefits more. Rapier.

Rapier - 2

cls 1

both - 2

in regards to soul splitting bandos...if you have the perfect interval going, you can actually soul split every hit on bandos, and still have melee pray up every time. Getting this interval is extremely hard to do however, and really isn't good to seriously attempt and take into consideration.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png