Jagex must've done something.

Normalize

All of a sudden, when mage boxing in the duel arena i begin splashing contrinually for a multitude of duels staright starting from my first day after the last duel I had. I can only think that Jagex changed something with the game mechanics to make me splash more. Thoughts?

NormaIize.png

There are bugs in the duel arean yes. But theres nothing that can allow you to affect the opponent and make them do something odd.

You can only affect yourself.

And admisted all the bugs being found I've not seen any about managing to bug armour stats into armourless fights, so I'm inclined to go with peoples original theories:

1) You had a streak of bad luck

2) They were a high mage level than you and thus have gr8 mage defence.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There are bugs in the duel arean yes. But theres nothing that can allow you to affect the opponent and make them do something odd.

And admisted all the bugs being found I've not seen any about managing to bug armour stats into armourless fights, so I'm inclined to go with peoples original theories:

If you would have looked at his sig you could have eliminated option 2.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

If you would have looked at his sig you could have eliminated option 2.

Only if we assume that he is staking on his main and doesn't have a seperate account for staking.

But yeah first one is way more likely given that 99 mage does sort of precluded the 2nd option unless they r potting/praying and you ain't.

Which in itself is sort of ruled out by boxing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Defence levels count towards fending off damage from magic attacks, so dueling someone with a higher defence level then yourself isn't the greatest idea since mathematically it puts you at a disadvantage. This can also explain your splashing. However this doesn't mean there isn't luck involved with staking because trust me, there is.

~ Captainkidd

Defence levels count towards fending off damage from magic attacks, so dueling someone with a higher defence level then yourself isn't the greatest idea since mathematically it puts you at a disadvantage. This can also explain your splashing. However this doesn't mean there isn't luck involved with staking because trust me, there is.

~ Captainkidd

Defense doesn't matter during mage boxing.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

False.

Jagex stated that your defense level does contribute to your magic defense. I forget where they said that, I'm sure it was one of their Q&A sessions. I believe it was something like 60% of your magic level, and 40% of your defense level. Around those numbers.

True it may not contribute much, but it still plays a part none the less.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

False.

Jagex stated that your defense level does contribute to your magic defense. I forget where they said that, I'm sure it was one of their Q&A sessions. I believe it was something like 60% of your magic level, and 40% of your defense level. Around those numbers.

Last time I checked, the common consensus was 70/30 for mage/def. Assuming the OP is staking on the account shown in his sigs, his magic defence level averages out to 94.8. 99 def/mage would, of course, average out to 99 magic defence, so his lower def would give some people the advantage.

But, of course, most of it still boils down to luck.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

False.

That may be true while wearing armor, but as far as mage boxing goes, defense lvl doesn't matter. If it mattered, I would've won significantly more duels against the hundreds of people I fought with 1 def 99 mage, while I was 99 def 99 mage.

KB says it's 30% def lvl, 70% magic level, but the KB also has a reputation for being inaccurate.

77yLQy8.png

~ Captainkidd

Defense counts for 1x defence against magic.

Magic level counts for 4x defence against magic.

Any constant can be put by "x" so long as the constant by magic level is 4 times higher.

Why?

Magic level counts 4 times as much for defence againt magic than the Defence skill itself.

L2research, L2stake, L2commonsense.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Why don't you?

All you did was provide us some bs theory without any evidence.

Hmm seems familiar

K

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

~ Captainkidd

Any constant can be put by "x" so long as the constant by magic level is 4 times higher.

Why?

Magic level counts 4 times as much for defence againt magic than the Defence skill itself.

:wall:

Low_C.png

Why don't you?

All you did was provide us some bs theory without any evidence.

Hmm seems familiar

K

Spam much? Either post content, or don't post at all.

OT: No, Jagex didn't do something, it was just bad luck.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

~ Captainkidd

Why?

Do you have a link to where you found this information? Sounds like it'd be something that is interesting to read.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png