Rush straight for CR?

ccesssu

i've just hit 20k dung tokens and bought my scroll of cleansing. now should i go straight for a CR? there are some rewards that look useful, but everyone talks about how godly the rapier is...

would it hurt to snag some other rewards on the way to 80 whatever dung, or should i save up all my tokens?

and two other entirely unrelated questions:

my brother said black mask / slayer helm boost works on all monsters that can be assigned as a slayer task. i thought it only worked on your current slayer task monster. who's correct?

i want to do seers' hard tasks. do i have to do the easy and medium first? or can i just directly do the hard ones? :pray:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And a scroll of life if you farm herbs a lot. Herb farming is one of the better money-makers of the game.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

If you ever farm herbs, scroll of life or you're flushing cash down the drain. If you ever mage (really think about this too, because uses for mage aren't that common in this game), arc stream is godly. However, most people don't mage enough to justify getting arc stream before rapier, IMO.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

The absolute best order to go in would be:

Gem Bag: 2k (only 2k tokens and if you slay a lot then it's fantastic to have,)

Coal Bag: 4k (optional, but if your mining is sub-80, or you plan on smelting bars at any point down the track this is almost certainly worth the paltry 4k tokens.)

Scroll of Life: 10k (if you're slaying and not doing farm runs then start doing them with this. Also slightly helps with tree runs.)

Scroll of Cleansing: 20k (can make great money making (unf)'s, and also reduces the cost of herby significantly.)

Arc Stream Necklace: 30k (I have no idea about your slayer habits, but if you're >93 Slayer and can get Ice Strykewyrm tasks, or have decent Mage/Combat stats and can solo mage Rex (or even solo 2.5/tribrid, but I'd advise against this unless you have ovls, turm and yak,) then it is almost crucial.

Rapier: 200k (best all round weapon in the game.)

I assume you'll want to go for 85 anyway just so you have frosts open as an option, so then you can save the next ~90k tokens for your next chaotic (which should almost CERTAINLY be Xbow or Maul, don't even CONSIDER shields/CLS/staves until your 4th and 5th chaotics.)

And as far as the black mask/slayer helm question goes, it will only work when you're on your assigned task, never anywhere else.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

The absolute best order to go in would be:

Gem Bag: 2k (only 2k tokens and if you slay a lot then it's fantastic to have,)

Coal Bag: 4k (optional, but if your mining is sub-80, or you plan on smelting bars at any point down the track this is almost certainly worth the paltry 4k tokens.)

Scroll of Life: 10k (if you're slaying and not doing farm runs then start doing them with this. Also slightly helps with tree runs.)

Scroll of Cleansing: 20k (can make great money making (unf)'s, and also reduces the cost of herby significantly.)

Arc Stream Necklace: 30k (I have no idea about your slayer habits, but if you're >93 Slayer and can get Ice Strykewyrm tasks, or have decent Mage/Combat stats and can solo mage Rex (or even solo 2.5/tribrid, but I'd advise against this unless you have ovls, turm and yak,) then it is almost crucial.

Rapier: 200k (best all round weapon in the game.)

I assume you'll want to go for 85 anyway just so you have frosts open as an option, so then you can save the next ~90k tokens for your next chaotic (which should almost CERTAINLY be Xbow or Maul, don't even CONSIDER shields/CLS/staves until your 4th and 5th chaotics.)

And as far as the black mask/slayer helm question goes, it will only work when you're on your assigned task, never anywhere else.

ok thanks. now my bro won't go to flesh crawlers with a black mask :shame:

My Dung rewards in order.

Bought:

Scroll of life

Chaotic Rapier

Chaotic Crossbow

Yet to buy:

Rigour

Chaotic Maul

Eagle-eye Kiteshield

Chaotic Kiteshield

...Why would you get rigour and eeks before ccbow?

Um.

According to that this he already bought the ccbow, rapier, and SOL and has yet to buy the eeks,cks, rigour, and cmaul

No, that's some other dude actually. Read this thread people >.<

And, lesse, your brothers an idiot, that'd be way too overpowered considering like half the monsters in RS are potential slayer tasks. It'd be one thing if he thought it worked on just all the slayer monsters....

And for the seers diary er, tasks, you have to do the easy and med ones before you can get the reward from the hard ones. It works like this for all tasks - you have to beat all of the easier sets before you can get the reward from the set in question.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

According to that list he already bought the ccbow, rapier, and SOL and has yet to buy the eeks,cks, rigour, and cmaul

Oops, read cks as ccbow. Derp.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

If you ever farm herbs, scroll of life or you're flushing cash down the drain. If you ever mage (really think about this too, because uses for mage aren't that common in this game), arc stream is godly. However, most people don't mage enough to justify getting arc stream before rapier, IMO.

Little offtopic, but if all I do is 2.5 DKs is it worth it to get ASN before rapier?

(I'd assume yes, as rex is slower then supreme).

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I'd snag all the half useful smaller rewards first. You'll probably stay motivated for rapier anyway, but probably not for the others. Motivation for skilling I like.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Little offtopic, but if all I do is 2.5 DKs is it worth it to get ASN before rapier?

(I'd assume yes, as rex is slower then supreme).

Absolutely. Any regular magic combat at all justifies the arc stream.

I got the CLS first. I like it a lot and I own rapiers at bandos. Also, CLS > CR in melee vs melee pvp.

CLS is the best pretty good for just about everything. Now if you are never going to go bossin then go with rapier.

From my experience these are the best at each aspect of the game...

Rapier = Slayer/training

CLS = PVM

CM = PK

PayMe.png

PayMe.png

I got the CLS first. I like it a lot and I own rapiers at bandos. Also, CLS > CR in melee vs melee pvp.

CLS is the best pretty good for just about nothing. Now if you are ever going to do any combat at all then go with rapier.

From my experience these are the best at each aspect of the game...

Rapier = Slayer/training

CLS = nothing

CM = anywhere you don't use a rapier

Fixed that for you.

Don't post misinformation please. Its been proven mathematically and experimentally that outside of having a divine at bandos a crapier is better than a cls in all but a few select places. And where the CLS does beat it (wyverns for example) a cmaul would be better still.

A cls is like obama, lots of high hopes for it when it first came out, but in the end it drastically fell short of our expectations and was shown to be inferior to the competition.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Well I have a CLS and I have never been crashed at bandos by a rapier.

And I guess you post from your experience with 56dung huh.....

Hi, 101 dungeoneering here.

Tieszen is right, and I'll repeat what he said -- do not post misinformation in H&A. You're welcomed to use the RSOF if you'd like to troll people who genuinely need help.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.