Rush straight for CR?

ccesssu

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Golvellius can you please learn the difference between your/you're because it is very annoying to read my favorite posts when they are so lacking in basic grammar.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Golvellius can you please learn the difference between your/you're because it is very annoying to read my favorite posts when they are so lacking in basic grammar.

Obviously he is quoting obt, so he has successfully implemented a grammar mistake in illustrate how efficient people do not care about grammar since it slows them down. I find it quite effective.

I got the CLS first. I like it a lot and I own rapiers at bandos. Also, CLS > CR in melee vs melee pvp.

CLS is the best pretty good for just about nothing. Now if you are ever going to do any combat at all then go with rapier.

From my experience these are the best at each aspect of the game...

Rapier = Slayer/training

CLS = nothing

CM = anywhere you don't use a rapier

Fixed that for you.

Don't post misinformation please. Its been proven mathematically and experimentally that outside of having a divine at bandos a crapier is better than a cls in all but a few select places. And where the CLS does beat it (wyverns for example) a cmaul would be better still.

A cls is like obama, lots of high hopes for it when it first came out, but in the end it drastically fell short of our expectations and was shown to be inferior to the competition.

Really? Obama? Really? Dude, there is no reason to bring him into this. People use the stupidest metaphors when....scratch that, people use the stupidest metaphors. Besides, I sincerely doubt that there were many threads talking about how great the chaotic longsword will be when the first person gets it, compared to high hopes for Obama. In fact, I'd bet that many people thought the rapier would be better from the get-go, since in most of RS faster, weaker weapons with less accuracy tend to have higher DPS then stronger, more accurate weapons that are slower.

By stronger and more accurate, I simply mean the weapon has a higher str and accuracy bonus.

KK....have kc in about 2hrs

Thanks mod tieszen.....we will test it out to see which is better....seems relevant.

If I am wrong then I will get a rapier....but seeing as I have always taken the majority of the boss kills from anyone in ffa I feel pretty confident.

BTW....taking 3 of 10 boss kills doesn't make rapier better.

A few notes/observations:

- The numbers weigh heavily in my favor. Over a large sample-size, the rapier will win (assuming dragon defenders).

- It's really cute that you think you're right despite having no numbers to back your argument up. Just sayin'.

- I think it's funny that you placed so much emphasis on dungeoneering level when you were the one with the higher level, but as soon as a real pro comes along (eg: me), suddenly dungeoneering level doesn't matter.

- There's a direct correlation between preferred chaotic weapon and penis size. It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

After we do a few hundred Bandos kills, let's go to K'ril, TDs, DKs, and do a bunch of slayer tasks together. It'll be a lot of fun showing you just how much you fail at both combat and combat advice.

tl;dr CLS sucks and you should feel bad for thinking otherwise.

And there's no reason to bring Penis size into this. I could just as easily say there's a direct correlation between how secure a man is in his penis size, or better yet himself, and how often he puts down the penis size of others. In fact, there's presumably much, much more proof to the claim of direct correlation between how secure a man feels and how often he puts down others, penis size or no, then there is between preferred chaotic weapon weapon and penis size. Oh, and all you said was there's a correlation between the two, you didn't say what the interpretation was. I could easily and justifiably* argue that the opposite of what you intended when you brought up that correlation.

*By justifiably, I mean as justifiable as your claim of direct correlation between chaotic weapon and penis size.

The rapier is known to be better on minions (obviously) which is preferred for long-term camping.

The rapier is known to be better on Dagganoth Supreme and tormented demons and Kril. It is also the best weapon for all dragons, and anything under ~300 combat besides waterfiends (where cls sucks, by the way) and skeletal wyverns (where the cls is best).

There are two shady areas: Saradomin GWD and Bandos GWD. On Zilyana you would either duo or trio with a maul, or solo with a divine. If you solo with divine, you can use cls, but the rapier will allow you to ss faster thus saving you trouble with minions (not that you should have many, but still). Also, if you were using torva (highly unlikely, but still), the rapier would still approximately equal the cls in dps.

For Graardor the same applies, with the exception that it is much more feasible to use a defender, which again favours the rapier.

Yay. Intelligent post. I like this post. Yes, the rapier is overall better then the longsword, but there are a few scenarios where that isn't necessarily true.

As for the person who brought up Nex, from what I've heard of Nex range works the best because she moves around too much, and you might not want to be close enough to her to be in melee range anyways.

Actually, for Nex, I'd think the Maul might be the best, between all that she moves around (meaning you won't be attacking her that often even with a rapier) and her (presumably) high defence. I must also point out that this is purely a speculative theory, and for all I know I'm completely and utterly wrong.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

statistics 101: z-test of significance for two proportions

that's where i got those numbers from brovellius :thumbup:

Aww.. how cute somebody still got their text books and knows how to read tables out of an appendix.

But, I think you need to redefine your null hypothesis to chicken-beater beats chicken better than CLS else the alternative hypothesis CLS rocks is going to be true.

lol jaime. wat.

I dunno, not one of your better posts, Golvellius. :/

6/10

Keep strumming your guitar and figuring out how to bypass all meaningful content, Jaime.

It will help you cope.

Your right.

I will try harder.

BTW, your welcome.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

lol why so serious ^

edit: the penis size joke is like a staple for all H&A topics about rapier vs cls. where have you been?

Um, I think the Obama post turned on my serious, no-nonsense logical mode. Dunno. I also think that the logic course I'm taking has really affected some of my posts here. On the other hand, I actually had to clean up what I was originally going to respond with to the penis thing because it would have been....detrimental.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to Dungeoneering for my cls o.O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

lol jaime. wat.

I dunno, not one of your better posts, Golvellius. :/

6/10

Keep strumming your guitar and figuring out how to bypass all meaningful content, Jaime.

It will help you cope.

It's cute that you read my blog. :thumbup: You must really like me.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Jaime I seriously loled. He almost got your name right.

Anyways, get a CLS so you'll enjoy dungeoneering more when you find out it's [cabbage] and you need to get 200k more tokens for a better weapon. :thumbup:

Low_C.png

All I read was the part where you played guitar on the streets of LA for medical marijuana.

Everything else has just been great guesswork, Jaime.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

All I read was the part where you played guitar on the streets of LA for medical marijuana.

Everything else has just been great guesswork, Jaime.

playing guitar for medical marijuana wat. i'm pretty sure you get MEDICAL marijuana from clinics. jesus lrn2california.

it's like you're purposely distorting what you read to cover up the fact that you read my blog on a regular basis (i see you reading it all the time -- you don't have to hide it, brovellius).

you're my biggest fan. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg

You play the guitar pretty good.

Ever play electric or do you just stick to accoustic?

i played electric for years before i got an acoustic. my electric has been out of commission for a long time, so i've been playing acoustic almost exclusively for about a year now. should be getting my electric fixed up soon. i'm into progressive/death metal kinda stuff, so the stuff i play on electric is verrrrrryyyyy different. more shreddy.

also, this thread is now my blog. welcome to /obt/.

dgs5.jpg

No one ever wins, CLS and CR threads always end this way.

In the end, the OP has to decide which he'd rather prefer.

Personally I picked the rapier because it aligned with my goal of max melees (and hasn't yet failed me for slayer)

Also, entering /obt/town.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

No one ever wins, CLS and CR threads always end this way.

In the end, the OP has to decide which he'd rather prefer.

Personally I picked the rapier because it aligned with my goal of max melees (and hasn't yet failed me for slayer)

Also, entering /obt/town.

Depends on how you define winning. I feel like I win because my rapier is still better than their CLS regardless of how good at ignoring math they are.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

With all your /obt/ and jaime jokes, you missed the funniest part of trolv's latest post.

keep...figuring out how to bypass all meaningful content

He's saying we need him to teach us to be a good at ignoring things as he is.

On topic, get the rapier. And did we ever find out if the rapier vs longsword bandos-off went ahead? Not that it's likely to prove much assuming a small sample size, but semi interesting nonetheless.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Funny thing is that Jaime is my name <_<.

I'm locking this due to it being full of off-topicness and spam etcetera.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted