Radiohead

Sam

Taken from Wikipedia

The_king_of_limbs.jpg

The King of Limbs is the eighth studio album by English alternative rock band Radiohead, produced by Nigel Godrich. It was released on 18 February 2011 as a download in MP3 and WAV formats. It will be followed by a physical CD release in the UK on 28 March and a special "newspaper" edition on 9 May 2011.

The "newspaper" edition will contain two 10-inch vinyl records in a special record sleeve, many large sheets of artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork, a compact disc, and a colour piece of oxo-degradable plastic package. The album will be released by Ticker Tape in the United States, XL in the United Kingdom and Hostess Entertainment in Japan.

The first single, called 'Lotus Flower' has been released, along with a video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfOa1a8hYP8

The 'newspaper' edition can be pre-ordered on the official website, and the digital copy of the album (available in 320kbps and WAV format) can be bought & downloaded.

Opinions, people of MM&T? Will anyone buy the newspaper edition? Has anyone bought the digital copy?

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I don't buy music as prices are skyhigh, nonetheless i pay for my music via the legal service Spotify. I have heard some of the songs from the album and it sounds promising :D

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

I'm downloading right now, it sounds like it's going to be good. I'm actually not much of a Radiohead fan, though I think if I listened to their albums more I might start actually liking them.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Thom Yorke never fails to please. Loved the first single; haven't gotten a chance to listen to/buy the rest of the album quite yet.

My friend says "it's kind of a mashup between In Rainbows and Kid A". Yes or no?

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

What's a Radiohead?

It's a Talking Heads song.

For some reason I can't be bothered to listen to it now. And I don't know why, I really liked In Rainbows. Just can't be bothered. I'll guess I'll hear it when the pshysical thing hits the store. I don't like this early online bull. Also, I don't realy like the title. The King of Limbs? Come on, what's up with that? Why would I want to listen to a record with a title like that.

Edit:

Decided to pause my record player and looked a few minutes at the Lotus Flower clip. Horrible. Now Yorke doesn't only sounds like a whino, he also looks like one. The track breathes boredom, and the clip is ugly. Why would you want to show yourself to the world like that? Is this a joke? I guess I just want to dislike it at this point. After seeing this clip I even wonder why I would like Radiohead at all? There's nothing to laugh at. Pop-music taking itelf way to serious. I just don't care anymore. Maybe tomorrow!

Edit 2:

The name of the album possibly refers to an oak tree in Wiltshire's Savernake Forest, thought to be 1,000 years old.[5] The tree is a pollarded oak, referring to an ancient technique for harvesting timber for fencing and firewood. Though it does not feature on maps, the tree is said to be 3 miles (4.8 km) from Tottenham Court House, where Radiohead recorded part of their previous album In Rainbows.

ooh, 'interesting'. :')

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

The music has developed throughout the years. But I understand what you mean. They always have this feeling of boredom and non-interest (is there a better word for this in English?) that creeps up in their music. It's been a while since I last played Radiohead (before hearing this Lotus Flower), so I kind of forgot about them. But yea, why should you listen to Radiohead? They are either angry, angsty or just plain down. Always wearing a heavy heart up their sleeve. If it isn't with a guitar it's with some crappy electronics.

I say we should all start dissing Radiohead!

21o4pav.jpg

Thom could use a shave and a haircut. Or at the very least a shower.

Didn't really like Lotus Flower, thought the video was lulz worthy though. I'll probably give the album a listen later.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

The name of the album possibly refers to an oak tree in Wiltshire's Savernake Forest, thought to be 1,000 years old.[5] The tree is a pollarded oak, referring to an ancient technique for harvesting timber for fencing and firewood. Though it does not feature on maps, the tree is said to be 3 miles (4.8 km) from Tottenham Court House, where Radiohead recorded part of their previous album In Rainbows.

ooh, 'interesting'. :')

Say that again once you've tried naming your own album. It's probably just a name that stuck, that's usually what my track names are.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Say that again once you've tried naming your own album. It's probably just a name that stuck, that's usually what my track names are.

That's not my problem. I'm not makin' records. But if I would, I wouldn't be offending the population with this semi-deep [cabbage].

21o4pav.jpg

You think the title is semi-deep? It's just a place they were at when making their last record. If you're analyzing that far in, maybe you're the one being too serious; it's just the first name they could think of. As far as the dancing goes, I'm pretty sure Yorke's always been like this:

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a decent album, but I'm already a pretty big fan of Radiohead. I do wish there was a bit more variety in the beats though. They set down something amazing but then have it on a straight loop for five minutes with no variation. The end result is, as Diesel said, a Thom Yorke solo album. Bloom and Feral are two particularly good tracks though.

Cool.