Grim_

Should Kingmaker continue?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Well, should it?

• Yes
    • No
    • [s]moderate[/s] undecided/ doesn't matter
    • Muffins!@!!!!!!!!1one
  2. 2. If no, then what system should be used?

• Pathfinder, again
    • Dresden Files rpg
    • Shadow run
    • Legend of the Five rings
    • FATAL

Changed to the priest class. Basically cleric, but it doesn't get as many armor proficiencies and has a lower hit dice, but gives more skill points and the knowledge domain, as well as an extra domain spell slot.

So prepared for any knowledge skill check that comes along. :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where'd you get that class from, Retech?

Anyways, when it comes to Knowledge, I'm probs going to be an Inquisitor. On a related note, I have become addicted to Soul Eater and that may or may not influence my character (Inb4intelligentscythe).

Also, I've decided that I will carry an Heirloom Shadow Striking Holy Anarchic Axiomatic Returning (probably oversized, to make up for high bonuses) Shuriken. Gotta have some sort of last resort, and it's Heirloom so I don't pay part of a gold piece, I want it a nice whole value. I was going to have an unholy one as well, but I decided that I wanted a Neutral Good character. I realize having Anarchic and Axiomatic might not seem quite right, but I would point out to GM that if I removed one I could get another Shuriken with that enchant and it might make things a bit ridiculous.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

It's in the third party class section, right below artificer I believe.

----

Nex, Shurikens can't really be returning. They are destroyed after they hit. It states that although they are thrown weapons, they are treated as ammunition for things like "what happens after they hit." Ammunition is destroyed after it is hit. What is the shadow enchantment?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/ammunition/ammunition-thrown-shuriken

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

DAMNIT RETECH BUT GM WAS GONNA LET ME! He said ok. :(

Besides, even the Kobold is breaking the game, and that's using the rules! I'm just trying to make my character half-assed passable.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I removed my intelligent weapon and big weapon ape? I've basically removed optimization except for the allocation of attributes and the managing of feats, so I think my character is definitely not breaking the game anymore. If a character relies on house rules and stuff to work, it's not really a DnD character. I'm sure there's a way to keep your character concept while using the actual rules, such as last resort weaponary and stuff.

The whole point is that the weapon is so cheap is because it is only one use. Otherwise, you'd have to pay 98,000 (or a bit more, depending on what the shadow enchantment is) to purchase this kind of weapon, which isn't really in our price ranges, or 49,000 if you could get Ross to make it for you, though I'm not sure he's capable.

This is all assuming that we're using the rules and not GM fiat, but usually Grim doesn't do that kind of thing.

Where'd you get that class from, Retech?

Anyways, when it comes to Knowledge, I'm probs going to be an Inquisitor. On a related note, I have become addicted to Soul Eater and that may or may not influence my character (Inb4intelligentscythe).

Also, I've decided that I will carry an Heirloom Shadow Striking Holy Anarchic Axiomatic Returning (probably oversized, to make up for high bonuses) Shuriken. Gotta have some sort of last resort, and it's Heirloom so I don't pay part of a gold piece, I want it a nice whole value. I was going to have an unholy one as well, but I decided that I wanted a Neutral Good character. I realize having Anarchic and Axiomatic might not seem quite right, but I would point out to GM that if I removed one I could get another Shuriken with that enchant and it might make things a bit ridiculous.

Okay... That is wrong on so many levels:

0) Heirloom Weapon doesn't give you a free weapon no matter how you look at it

1) You cannot pay that much money for a weapon at 4th level and Heirloom weapon gives you a masterwork version, NOT AN OVER THE TOP MAGIC ONE for normal weapon prices.

2) That 'magic' weapon cannot have any magic abilities, as ITS NOT EVEN MAGICAL (+1 or higher enhancement bonus) (unless you somehow managed to get an Epic magic weapon at 4th level in a game system that does not have Epic levels, if it did have the additional +1 that weapon would cost over 2.4 million gold per shuriken)

3) its not even logical to put a returning enchantment on Ammunition (which the Shuriken's special rules classify it as)

4) It appears as though Shadow Striking is a D&D 3.5 enchantment which is something you would need to ask Grim permission for, or it is a feat which you cannot even enchant weapons with in the first place.

I will restate this again: Can you all please stop Powergaming, as it tends to make the game alot less fun to play.

PS. Returning is a valid enchantment for a magic shuriken as Shuriken are considered a thrown weapon, however it doesn't actually do anything because Shuriken are also considered ammunition and are therefore considered destroyed instantly upon use if enchanted.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Heirloom gives you A FREE BASE WEAPON to spend money on enhancements for.

Shuriken count as Enchant Price / 50.

That is not even close to what the PFSRD says.

It also classifies as a Ranged Throwing weapon. Doesn't make sense that it could get Returning with no benefit.

I was kinda stretching it there, didn't read up on it much, you're right.

Anyways, I ran at least part of this by Grim and he said it was ok, but to hell with it. <_<

I'm going to play a Fighter with a scythe now.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Theoretically it seems affordable, but there isn't much a point of a magical uber weapon that can only be used once (and isn't really uber).

Heirloom gives you A FREE BASE WEAPON to spend money on enhancements for.

Shuriken count as Enchant Price / 50.

That is not even close to what the PFSRD says.

It also classifies as a Ranged Throwing weapon. Doesn't make sense that it could get Returning with no benefit.

I was kinda stretching it there, didn't read up on it much, you're right.

Anyways, I ran at least part of this by Grim and he said it was ok, but to hell with it. <_<

I'm going to play a Fighter with a scythe now.

Heirloom Weapon: "This heirloom weapon is of masterwork quality (but you pay only the standard cost at character creation)."

Even in that case for the weapon to be legal the things would cost you 48400gp Each which is still 8 times more gold than you are even supposed to have.

"A weapon with a special ability must also have at least a +1 enhancement bonus. " - which as your weapon is a total of +10 without the enchantment bonus, ends up being a +11 Epic weapon which has a base price of 2,420,000 gp over base item prices before the ammo discount which is debateable (the item rules say that it is priced as ammuniton, but the ammuntion getting the discount is specifically stated, and does not include Shuriken)

"When a magic arrow, crossbow bolt, or sling bullet misses its target, there is a 50% chance it breaks or is otherwise rendered useless. A magic arrow, bolt, or bullet that successfully hits a target is automatically destroyed after it delivers its damage." - Same specific listing on the Ammunition types for the discount rule, so using the rules consistantly, you would lose the thing and get it at a discount or you would pay full price and not lose it.

Well it's stated in the magic weapons rules that the price for the enchantments are for fifty pieces of ammunition.

EDIT: Wait, misread. Looking for it though

Well it's stated in the magic weapons rules that the price for the enchantments are for fifty pieces of ammunition.

well it is specifically:

"For ammuniton, this price is for 50 arrows, bolts, or bullets"

which is the same same list as given in the magic ammunition breaking rule

I think that this is more of a case of RAW vs RAI, seeing as shurikens are treated as ammunition for basically every important thing (specifically the breakage, which affects the price most).

I think that this is more of a case of RAW vs RAI, seeing as shurikens are treated as ammunition for basically every important thing (specifically the breakage, which affects the price most).

Yes, that is mainly the Point I was commenting on is that:

RAW: Magic Shuriken cost as a standard magic weapon, and suffer standard ammunition breaking rules (100% on damage, 50% on miss)

RAI: Magic Shuriken cost 1/50th of standard magic weapon costs, and follow the magic weapon breaking rules (100% on damage, 50% on miss)

You're ignoring a few things, but this discussion is no longer relevant.

Now help me build a class around the humble, kickass scythe. :rolleyes:

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Okay, what kind of player are you? Do you prefer combat manuevers like tripping and stuff, or are you more of direct damage dealer?

And do you have a specific class in mind?

Fighter, Weapon Master.

I'm gonna start out with the basics, but I want to evolve into a whirling dervish of a scytheman with trips and AoO and such. I don't really mind what path I take, so long as I can use that scythe to full effect.

First step: Keen. :thumbsup:

RIP Dawngate ;-;

It seems like you're all set already. :thumbup:

I don't think that you can afford it though, unless someone has craft magic armor and weapons.

Eh, yeah, I just want some feat recommendations on which to take first. :P

This is a nice choice, I think. Plus, I <3 Maka. :D

soul-eater-maka-albarn.jpg

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Well the default weapon focus and specialization are decent.

Combat reflexes gets interesting too.

I have Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization, as well as Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Dodge, and Power Attack. Hrm, should I be moving in a different direction?

The biggest thing I need for this to work best is as many attacks as possible.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

First off nex, I was going to let you create a shuriken that was within the amount of money you could spend. That... thing was not in the amount you could spend; furthermore, a fair bit of the enchantments could not be used on a ranged weapon or ranged ammunition. Finally, if you were to make a shuriken like that it would break after being thrown once or twice.

Oh and I think this would be as good a time as any to announce something. I am (and have been) doing a three strike policy after three strikes I will put it up to a vote in the group (possibly just the people who are on) whether or not to put you on a sort of probation. If they vote no on the probation, I am kicking the person in question. I am not dealing with this [cabbage]. As a rundown of people who have strikes it is

Nex: [X] for the first quitting in a huff [X] for the second baw quit/duel fiasco after stating "I'm better than you and have better things to do"

Retech: [X] The duel fiasco, seriously that was irritating.

LNYvk.png

It is within the amount of money I had.

And you're somehow saying my anger wasn't justified, being the sole party face and having several other characters screw my efforts when I tried to help. And when the game was getting boring and I fought an honourable duel to the death with Retech, whereupon he ran away and started raining hell.

What exactly do you propose this probation be. I understand I'm not the perfect player, but it seems a little disproportionate, all I did was remove myself from a game that I needed a breather from in a way that delt with a bit of my annoyance.

EDIT: I never said I was [bleep]ing better than you. I said I was being stupid playing the game if I couldn't get along and help the group.

ON TOPIC. Are the feats I have selected passable? Should I be focusing more on maneuvres early, or damage?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I think that's fair, Grim. Nex, I think you misunderstand. He isn't giving probation now, but giving a few strikes for previous wrongful or annoying actions. It seems unlikely that you will make another issue, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

However in the future, could you give some warning?

No kidding, I agree with Retech. If you don't like where it's going, tell us to call it quits.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Oh, just for the record, there is no reason to duel during a session anymore, so no need to waste any time on it.