Grim_

Should Kingmaker continue?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Well, should it?

• Yes
    • No
    • [s]moderate[/s] undecided/ doesn't matter
    • Muffins!@!!!!!!!!1one
  2. 2. If no, then what system should be used?

• Pathfinder, again
    • Dresden Files rpg
    • Shadow run
    • Legend of the Five rings
    • FATAL

Also on another note what it this that I have been hearing about someone having the horrible idea of giving an animal companion an intelligent weapon?

It's been changed to my kobold having an intelligent shield, but that was the general idea until the realization of an out of control ape with an intelligent weapon frightened me. :thumbsup:

Ape just has a run of the mill greataxe now. :thumbup:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are the most ridiculous adventuring party ever.

Actually, this is completely parallel and quite funny: 4th level what?!

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'm going to have to agree with Wyvern.

My main quarral is with these duels. I don't care about your "They stop us doing it in game" excuse, because did you ever happen to think of the GM? The one who has to balance the encounters, the one who has to keep the game fun and challenging for everyone?

The more you powergame, the farther you push the level of modification needed to still be a challenge, which just means that Grim has to do more work to put up with your minmaxing. These duels are encouraging you to powergame purely so that you can beat the other players. WHY? D&D is a game about TEAMWORK! The party should not be fighting each other to the death! Do you really need to have the most powerful character to find the game fun?

2Xeo5.png

I don't care, I jsut needed some help with ym character so I wouldn't have to end up fixing a screw-up in the middle of a session. Thank you VERY much, Wyvern, for helping with that.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I'm going to have to agree with Wyvern.

My main quarral is with these duels. I don't care about your "They stop us doing it in game" excuse, because did you ever happen to think of the GM? The one who has to balance the encounters, the one who has to keep the game fun and challenging for everyone?

The more you powergame, the farther you push the level of modification needed to still be a challenge, which just means that Grim has to do more work to put up with your minmaxing. These duels are encouraging you to powergame purely so that you can beat the other players. WHY? D&D is a game about TEAMWORK! The party should not be fighting each other to the death! Do you really need to have the most powerful character to find the game fun?

Well I'm not even using the same character in the duels and in the game. Well, same "character", but different feats, spells, magical weapons, etc.

They're fun in different ways, so why not do both?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

As a note to all: If you optimize I will have little choice but to optimize with you to keep the game interesting. This would not be a problem except ONLY AROUND 3 OF YOU ARE. Seriously, some of you decided to go with a cool character concept rather than something that would be the "best" and that is awesome. The problem is however that I will have one hell of a time making an encounter challenging for both the non optimized players and not letting the optimized ones steam roll it. I can do it, but it would up the risk of character death by a large amount. A LARGE AMOUNT.

LNYvk.png

Because we learn about our characters....Like fly checks...

Also, it give us a chance to talk without devolving into MY SAWORD IS BIGGAR THAN YOUR SWARD! TROLLLOLOLOL

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Hey Grim, if you can let me have a crocodile instead of a snake (they're both scaly) as part of the scalykind domain feature, I can get rid of Bobo, if that's what was bothering you.

My new build would still be focused on animal companions, but not one with a big sword. That would become more of a "crocodile" charmer build.

... Bah. Let's jsut leave it be, alright guys? We stop with the optomising. Last chance to do any character changes is now, before the session for this starts. Sound fair to everyone?

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Because we learn about our characters....Like fly checks...

Also, it give us a chance to talk without devolving into MY SAWORD IS BIGGAR THAN YOUR SWARD! TROLLLOLOLOL

Isn't it just accellerating the process, and causing an arms race so that the person who is in first place right now can do exactly that?

2Xeo5.png

... Bah. Let's jsut leave it be, alright guys? We stop with the optomising. Last chance to do any character changes is now, before the session for this starts. Sound fair to everyone?

It's rogue trader today. I think the main problem that Grim was pointing out is that we (not all of us, probably just me and some other people that I don;t know about) are already too optimised, so we should scale it back more.

Oh. Right.. Well, why not make today the last chance to make changes? No more duels. No more looking up obscure rules. I'm personally fine with my character, and if I end up getting killed, then whoopdedoodah, I didn't work on it hard enough.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Isn't it just accellerating the process, and causing an arms race so that the person who is in first place right now can do exactly that?

Is it better to go through seven rebuilds in game...or just get it out of our system now?

We get to show off how amazingly expert we are, allowing people to get their facts right...rather than springing an improved familiar at level 4, oh no wait, I can't, can everyone wait while I rebuild?

And Ross...its better that one person is THE BEST rather than 4 people claiming the title and fawning over it...

Announcing they will be charging with their face, and that they are invincible...

More than anything it means people don't have a reason to duel in the middle of a retreat.

Though the arguement is kind of null and void...since people will duel if they want.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Alright, I'm giving up my kewl Leaf Armor so I can be a monk, and adjusting a bit. 5 Returning Distance Shuriken +2 to fill the void in my budget and help me move away from that abyssmal spear. I think I'll play a mute, to explain my lack of Charisma for a generally friendly and attractive race, and my Intelligence issues were because of the abuse and beatings that drove me away from the town of my birth and to a monastery/temple/whatever of Trithereon. Definitely going with Chaotic Good, as a defiance of the figures of my past and and because of the teachings of the monks who acted almost as parents and the rangers who guided me to them.

Expect me to try and claw off the faces of any slavers, abusive husbands/parents, and iron-fist/racist leaders. Not if it endangers the rest of you, of course, Dyeedi is loyal to those who befriend her and has high enough Wisdom that she wouldn't provoke an individual in the position to kill us with a snap of their fingers.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Darnit, there goes my plan to become an iron-fisted leader. :P

Nex, you can't be Chaotic good and be a monk.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

... F'ing Monks. F'ing Rogue Trader.

*Sigh*

I guess I'll be Lawful Good, going on the principle of loyalty to my friends. So laws, meh, but I'm at the party's command.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

So in my unoptimisation of my character, I have developed a new character concept. Instead of Bobo and an intelligent item...

A chariot pulled by two crocodiles!

If Grim will let me have a crocodile instead of a snake.

You should be a bear riding bear summoning bear. :thumbup:

Also, can I treat the Monk of the Sacred Mountain's Natural Armor bonus as a Natural Armor enhancement bonus?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

... What?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Earth, DON'T SPAM. 'Specially not when it turns the mage and makes people miss my question. <_<

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'm asking the what to your question. I may be able to help.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Natural armor bonus and armor enhancement bonus are two completely different things, and it really throws things off if you treat one as the other.

Retech, NATURAL ARMOR ENHANCEMENT BONUS. There are many instances where natural armor is given a bonus that isn't a general Armor Enhancement Bonus.

also, can I take Improved Natural Attack for Unarmed Strikes? It says Unarmed Strikes cannot recieve the bonus, but then Monks can take ANY bonus to unarmed strike qualifying as a Natural Attack.

At this point I'm planning more on using my claws as tools, since Natural Attacks don't count as Unarmed Strikes but Unarmed Strikes count as Natural Attacks. I would ask the GM for a house ruling on the matter, since Claws are really nice flavour and don't have any significant difference from fist attacks.

Anyways, since today is f'ing Rogue Trader and tomorrow I HAVE to go to a lunch-dinner-party thing I probably WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY TOMORROW. Which is really annoying. I would still appreciate my quesitons being answered though.

RIP Dawngate ;-;