Left 4 Dead

Bloodredsword

MY FRIENDS ARE TERRIBLE AT THIS GAME AAAAUGH.

And they get more angry than I do when people who actually don't think this game is Call of Duty play. >_<

Just another reason to play on the PC with complete strangers. :)

I've been playing a lot of versus matches lately and they've been awesomely fun. Prob cause of the weekend though. =P

MY FRIENDS ARE TERRIBLE AT THIS GAME AAAAUGH.

And they get more angry than I do when people who actually don't think this game is Call of Duty play. >_<

Just another reason to play on the PC with complete strangers. :)

I've been playing a lot of versus matches lately and they've been awesomely fun. Prob cause of the weekend though. =P

Or the 360 with complete strangers.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Ok I'm not getting how the hunter's pounce damage works. On NM1 I jumped from the top of the apartment building, wall jumped the other way and hit Francis for a total of 7 damage... I get 7 damage from jumping at them from ground level.

Someone please explain :pray:

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Ok I'm not getting how the hunter's pounce damage works. On NM1 I jumped from the top of the apartment building, wall jumped the other way and hit Francis for a total of 7 damage... I get 7 damage from jumping at them from ground level.

The mechanics are probably based on how long you fall for, or what your highest point was before you started to descend to the ground.

Then the game does some math and spits out the damage you did. Thus the higher your are and land on someone or the higher you are and fall for, the more damage you'll do.

You most likely jumped on an angle into the air and then landed on someone, but because you increased your position and then descended you got landing damage.

I think the max damage while both the hunter and the target are on the same level of ground, with the hunter jumping straight up, and then down again is 10 damage.

----

Blasphemy.

The mechanics are probably based on how long you fall for, or what your highest point was before you started to descend to the ground.

Then the game does some math and spits out the damage you did. Thus the higher your are and land on someone or the higher you are and fall for, the more damage you'll do.

You most likely jumped on an angle into the air and then landed on someone, but because you increased your position and then descended you got landing damage.

I think the max damage while both the hunter and the target are on the same level of ground, with the hunter jumping straight up, and then down again is 10 damage.

----

Blasphemy.

I thought max damage was 25, and that wall jumping increases your speed for more damage....

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Welcome to the club. I got a spree the first time I watched that video skate posted a ways back. Demolished three of four survivors within minutes all on my own. Learned how to wall-jump from that, too.

Can't wait for Dead Air and Death Toll versus. Hope it isn't too much money. >_<

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Welcome to the club. I got a spree the first time I watched that video skate posted a ways back. Demolished three of four survivors within minutes all on my own. Learned how to wall-jump from that, too.

Can't wait for Dead Air and Death Toll versus. Hope it isn't too much money. >_<

If you were on PC you wouldn't have to worry about money \'

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

If you were on PC you wouldn't have to worry about money \'

It's not a problem when others are paying for you. :-w

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Sorry to change the subject a bit, but I was browsing videos and found this:

Made me laugh. I've never played the game so I don't know if stuff like that happens frequently.

Made me laugh. I've never played the game so I don't know if stuff like that happens frequently.

I've never seen that happen. :shock: Nice find.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Lol, that's one of the videos I watched which prompted me to get Left 4 Dead. It worked.

I've done it once though and it's freaking awesome. Surprisingly I pulled Louis. :roll:

It's also happened to others I've been with in the normal campaign on Expert.

Blasphemy.

You like Boxxy. Your opinion is irrelevant.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I've been trying to perfect that aswell.

Funny moment happened a few days ago, a guy bought a green tank into the elevator(the ones you can shoot), turns out if you throw it at people they fall through and die.

Lol we all just cracked up because no one knew about it, we still won too ^_^

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I hope you mean molotov there....lol. Yea, it's an excellent TK strategy I enjoy deploying.

I finished BH & BT tonight, what a fun 5 and a half hours! Only got Dead Air left, so that's good.

@Lenin; Boxxy will overthrow everyone now and in the future before you can think about it.

Played with 3 normal teenagers who had mics today and I must say, that game was very enjoyable. We won the versus game 5400 - 400.

I also learnt a new trick to countering those that use objects to block paths. The guy told me that the trick was to get all 4 survivors to melee *AND* walk up at the same time. We did this and moved the yellow thing in 5 seconds.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I played with my friends again.Blood Harvest finale,easy mode for them.I get them to the end and I have a 100 hp,never healed thing going.Two jump down,I get smokered and the last guy is too stupid to help.He ends up dealing the killing shot.Pissed,I enable versus mode and play as the Infected.Lucky enough to get hunter first,I slowly kill them off.Before they even started the finale.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Sounds like you guys are enjoying the game. :)

I was having nothing bad TK'ers and rambo failures. However last night I played a game on buxnetwork and this one guy has only had the game for two days and he was on normal, so it was quite enjoyable to make him feel like the leader of the group and dominate the map. :)

Where can I get myself one of these "Friends" you guys are talking about? Everyone's telling me to get one as they say that it increases the gaming experience and is much more better than bots/strangers.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I don't know why but you can let yourself have more fun when talking to friends rather than strangers.

Anyways the only games I've been in are games that I've been exiled. In one game my team refuses to help me even though I was right next to them, and in another my team completely mutes me so my cries for help would go unheard...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg