Extra Bind Slot

SirIzenhime

So, as I'm sure most already know, there is a rumor/hope that an extra bind slot will be coming shortly along with a new quest requiring dungoeneering.

This extra bind slot I'm sure has been contemplated by many as to what they would use it for.

This topic is simple, discuss what binds you currently have (or are aiming for), and what items you would put in the extra bind slot if it comes out.

What binds will work best with certain setups?

Do some people want a Celetial Staff? Do you want a hexhunter? Or would you simply re-bind that long lost platebody you got rid of when you found that SS hood?

So many options, what would you choose and why?

I've thought about this recently, and have come up with 6 different binds I would consider.

My current Binds are:

Shadow Silk Hood

Primal battle Axe

Blood Necklace

Ammo: Celestial Surgebox

Higher Consideration bindings

Hexhunter - I just want this, and HexHunter is great for speeding up Mage ridden floors, and great on many bosses. Very few people have Hexhunters, so having one myself would be great and help out any team I get on. If I ever find one, I am defenitely binding this.

I would of course switch to Primal arrows for my ammo (poisoned or not, not much difference)

Primal Rapier - My current weapon is a battle axe. Some of you might be familiar with xpx, who had a primal rapier bound with a prom 2h. With an extra slot open, I could bind this and have all 3 styles of combat well avaliable to me. Those long to kill hounds and demons would become faster, and with my blood neck backing it up, the speed becomes even better.

Celestial Catalytic staff - I have a surge box currently, 'nuff said tbh

Primal Guantlets - My current Baxe Blood neck setup grants me a 151 strength bonus. Add primal gauntlets, and my str bonus increases by about 8% to 163. My current unpotted, unboosted turmoil max hit with the battle axe is 536 according to the Tip.it calculator. With guantlets, this would increase my max hit to 565, increasing my average hit by 14, for a 5% increase in average damage.

This difference of course is great if I let my turmoil fully activate (normally I'm flashing, so it doesn't usually get fully boosted, I usually only fully boost on bosses, or rooms like Merc and Remokee), and better yet if you add melee pots.

Low consideration binds

Primal Platebody - I'm sure it's pretty obvious why I'd consider this. If I happened to get it first, I'd bind it until something more offensive came along. As of now, I'm pretty used to being bodyless, I don't mind staying that way overall, but I wouldn't mind having a platebody back either.

Primal Pickaxe - Yea...random I know, and I'm not really 100% serious about this. My only thought on mentioning this is that instead of trying to pick at 3-4 rocks for ores for everyone using a novite pick, with this, and a respectable gatherer's, you'd only need 1, maybe 2 tops. I don't have 99 mining though...so for me personally, this is a useless thought. Probably wasn't even worth mentioning, it just sort of crossed my mind.

==============================

So, what do you thin about my choices? What do you think is the best choice? Any that should be added? What would YOU bind? How much would being a regular keyer affect your decision? Should the keyers necessarily bind different items just for the sake of keying? Should they consider binding DPS items for those times where they AREN'T the main keyer?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a Hexhunter bow to myself changed my potential binds a bit.

Currently I have :

Prom 2h

Hood

Hexhunter

Sagitarrian body increases my ranged attack by 75%, which is incredible. Sagi body also has amazing defense and allows you to tank mages quite easily.

The only other bind I have considered is a blood necklace for Melee offense as well, but the chances of finding one before I reach 120 are sort of slim :P

ZMFg2.jpg

The only other bind I have considered is a blood necklace for Melee offense as well, but the chances of finding one before I reach 120 are sort of slim :P

At the rate people have been getting them lately? ;)

Would you consider the Blood necklace worth binding over a sage body in your case?

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

what would you deem as better, and why?

What are you current binds?

Do your current Binds influence your choices at all?

Hex hunter, Primal gaunts, Primal rapier or Cele Cata staff

Current binds: SSH, Blood neck + Prim 2h

Suppose with blood necklace I'd be more inclined to get a new bind that'd increase DPS.

At the rate people have been getting them lately? ;)

Would you consider the Blood necklace worth binding over a sage body in your case?

Heh, we've been getting pretty lucky haven't we

Anyways, I'm not sure if purely offensive binds are even worth it for a few reasons.

For hexhunters, range armor has an incredible bonus and 75% more accuracy allows hex to hit skeleton mages, ghosts etc. The extra armor also allows you to tank all single mage monsters which means you can conserve prayer and ultimately use turmoil/leeches more often.

For non hexhunters, having enough armor means that instead of flicking turmoil, you can simply keep turmoil activated in place of a protection prayer. In my case however, I think I'll go with a sagitarrian body regardless because A. I'm a ranked keyer in dgs and B. Melee is already well covered in most teams.

ZMFg2.jpg

You have 2 hoods, Michael? Give one to a poor dungeoneer! :P

I'm probably going after a set of Primal Gauntlets myself. I wouldn't say no to a Hexhunter bow, but I'm currently at 95 Ranged, so binding one would result in a break from Dungeoneering.

I already have enough hassle switching between Berserker and Blitzer, not to mention equipping the surgebox and autocast, so I wouldn't really want to add a Catalytic Staff to that mess.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

You have 2 hoods, Michael? Give one to a poor dungeoneer! :P

I'm probably going after a set of Primal Gauntlets myself. I wouldn't say no to a Hexhunter bow, but I'm currently at 95 Ranged, so binding one would result in a break from Dungeoneering.

I already have enough hassle switching between Berserker and Blitzer, not to mention equipping the surgebox and autocast, so I wouldn't really want to add a Catalytic Staff to that mess.

What no. Due to the clicks to swap to CSB and autocast I'm also more inclined to bind something that will increase my melee DPS and the majority of floors are melee enemies anyway.

Prom 2h

Blood Necklace

Hood

Got a surgebox too

<3:

That's only 3 binds, I'm asking if/when they add another bind option via quest reward (so far just a rumor, hinted by a J mod no less), what you bind to go in that slot, and why?

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Current binds: Prom 2h, Prom plate, Hood

Ammo: Laws

Would obviously prefer hex as 4th, but until then I will bind prom legs, maybe a blood necklace if I find one. I like being able to tank in gds and I key almost all my floors so I don't think blood neck would really be useful for me that much. Though I do somehow get berserker title while keying sometimes -.-

During gds I usually attack non-aggresives first because I have a plate, although I am less inclined too if it's something that I might want to pray against. With platelegs I could tank enemies & save overall food, and make my keying job a lot easier.

Also, with 4 binds w/ hex, is sag body really the best? I saw a 120 dnger w/ primal pl8 + hex + hood + prim 2h.

Obviously if you don't key much sag body is better for dps, but if you key perhaps plate is better?

I'd hate to have crappy 80 range def instead of 220 or whatever from my prom plate.

siggya.png

Also, with 4 binds w/ hex, is sag body really the best? I saw a 120 dnger w/ primal pl8 + hex + hood + prim 2h.

Obviously if you don't key much sag body is better for dps, but if you key perhaps plate is better?

I'd hate to have crappy 80 range def instead of 220 or whatever from my prom plate.

If you can key without a plate (you should be able to), sag body is a major improvement and it is also an offensive bind. People at 120 bind stupid [cabbage] too, tui.

C1Geq.png

If I get ahold of 4 binds mine will change drastically.

Maybe SSH + HHB + Sag body/chaps?

Pure range would never work.

I think it would on a team with 4 meleers.

Not at all. I only use my hex on mages and not all mages are worth hexing. Range is not that useful in dg - pure range would fail at compensating for their lack of use in gds w/ anything that has defence.

C1Geq.png

Not at all. I only use my hex on mages and not all mages are worth hexing. Range is not that useful in dg - pure range would fail at compensating for their lack of use in gds w/ anything that has defence.

I know it's only good vs mages but with all the freaking things that mage on occults and warpeds I don't see where you guys are coming from.

2dgucz6.png

I know it's only good vs mages but with all the freaking things that mage on occults and warpeds I don't see where you guys are coming from.

Necromancers, forgotten mages, books and demons. Those are those only things you hex. It's not worth giving up your melee bind just for them.

C1Geq.png

If you can key without a plate (you should be able to), sag body is a major improvement and it is also an offensive bind. People at 120 bind stupid [cabbage] too, tui.

Well, it -was- suomi, so I would think he'd make the best choice.

If I had 90 hunt / 99 craft + bothered to learn the dino trick I wouldn't mind keying without my plate much.

Still, having keying be easier and saving overall food seems good. Some floors we starve.. + ko potential is reduced with plate.

I see your point though that it'd be nice to have higher accuracy, especially for skele mages and stuff.

Also, sag body is -10 accuracy in melees. So it is a tradeoff, and afaik most things you hex have very low range def.

siggya.png

Necromancers, forgotten mages, books and demons. Those are those only things you hex. It's not worth giving up your melee bind just for them.

Shades, Ghosts. Wow, that sure is a lot of monsters that appear quite often on Occult floors.

EDIT forgot almost all bosses.

I won't argue this any further. If we actually DO get another bind AND I put in the work to get 100 DG I will be deciding what I do with my binds. I doubt I can get into any fewer DGS floors anyway. :rolleyes:

2dgucz6.png

The only ghosts worth Hexing are the ones in the Ghost room, and shades don't have terribly high magic offence that you'd want to hex them (The point is that melee shreds them anyway, so there's no point turning down your DPS just to hex shades)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Shadow Silk Hood

Primal Battleaxe

Celestial Surgebox

Those are my binds.

For a 3rd bind I'd do Primal Plate until I can get my hands on a Hex (And when I do, I'll destroy the Surgebox and bind poisoned Sagittarian arrows instead)

And for an extra bind... Let's see...

If I already have Primal Plate, then Hex. If I have Hex, then Primal Plate.

And for a fifth bind (Assuming 120 which will be in a looooong time), I'd go for Blood Neck, Surgebox (If possible along with Hex) or Primal Platelegs

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Prom 2h

Blood Necklace

Hood

Got a surgebox too

<3:

That's only 3 binds, I'm asking if/when they add another bind option via quest reward (so far just a rumor, hinted by a J mod no less), what you bind to go in that slot, and why?

ah, best platebody (which is promethium) for me then