Extra Bind Slot

SirIzenhime

I'd get the celestial staff and then whine and complain that THE FREAKING THING DOESN'T GIVE FIRE RUNES!#@!$

Ugh.

On top of my SSH/Prom 2h that is.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shades, Ghosts. Wow, that sure is a lot of monsters that appear quite often on Occult floors.

Battle axes/rapiers absolutely wreak shades and low level ghosts, and 2hs for high leveled ghosts.

Tbh, ghosts really don't have much mage power, they're just accurate. Melee is better on shades and ghosts.

The Hexhunter is really more of a niche item tbh, It's just that niche use makes floors so much easier when taken advantage of.

I wouldn't want to unbind my B axe for a hex hunter.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Sagitarrian body is undisputably better than a Primal Plate if you have a hex, and disputably better if you don't have one.

Many of you overestimate the power of magic drastically. 100 magic defense will make the strongest mages have 30% accuracy or so, which means that you can simply pray range in gds and take much less damage overall. The only reason plate can be better for keying is that forgotten mages, and ONLY forgotten mages can bind you. If there's not a forgotten mage in the room, range pray is better in 80% of all situations. Melee defense is largely irelevant since most melee monsters shouldn't get the chance to hit you, and those who do will only get one in.

Binding a primal plate with a hex is honestly incredibly stupid. It makes an already inaccurate weapon more inaccurate >_>

Oh, and the -10 melee from sagi body only decreases dps by like 1% from a 2h.

Edit : On the ghost/shade debates, If you have enough ranged attack (100 or so) hex becomes the optimal weapon for skeleton mages, ghosts and shades as well. Hex is probably better than a 2h with around 80 accuracy or so, but ghosts don't take much damage unless you have 110+ ranged attack.

ZMFg2.jpg

Current at 109 dung:

2h

Hood

Primal platebody

Ammo: Surgebox

With 120 dung and an extra bind slot (5 total), I would go for one of the following setups:

2h

Hood

Primal plate

Blood necklace

Hexhunter

Ammo: arrows

^ The standard mixture of DPS + defence. But actually, I was considering another setup:

2h

Hood

Sagittarian Body

Primal platelegs

Hexhunter OR Blood necklace

Ammo: Arrows OR surgebox

^ This would mean you never have to pray, which in turn lets you use prayer points on constant turmoil. With a hex, the sagittarian body makes ranged extremely powerful. If I can't find a hex, I'd use a blood necklace to counteract the negative melee bonuses from the body. With turmoil on all the time this might be even better damage than the first one.

Basically my bind preference list:

1. 2h

2. Hood

3. Hex

4. Blood Necklace

----Empowered Catalytic Staff until I find one of the above two

5. Primal platebody

----Primal platelegs/skirt or a combo with sagittarian body

2496 Completionist

Edit : On the ghost/shade debates, If you have enough ranged attack (100 or so) hex becomes the optimal weapon for skeleton mages, ghosts and shades as well. Hex is probably better than a 2h with around 80 accuracy or so, but ghosts don't take much damage unless you have 110+ ranged attack.

In other words its almost never better :rolleyes:

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I currently have:

Promethium 2H

Primal chainbody

I would probably go for one of these:

Blood necklace

Primal skirt/legs

Shadow silk hood

Primal gauntlets

Hypothetically speaking we get an extra bind :-/ I personally think we should have up to 6-7 binds so we can actually wear a full armour set without sacrificing our bound weapon >.< E.G.

1 dungeoneering = 1 bind

20 dungeoneering = 2 binds

40 dungeoneering = 3 binds

60 dungeoneering = 4 binds

80 dungeoneering = 5 binds

100 dungeoneering = 6 binds

120 dungeoneering = 7 binds

2vuhgcn.png

Well you can losslessly make range armor and making chaps +boots/vambs is relatively easy. If you have a sagi body bound, you start with 77 range attack and with chaps + vams/boots you can easily exceed 110 range attack.

ZMFg2.jpg

I currently have:

Promethium 2H

Primal chainbody

Blood necklace

Primal skirt/legs

Shadow silk hood

Primal gauntlets

Hypothetically speaking we get an extra bind :-/ I personally think we should have up to 6-7 binds so we can actually wear a full armour set without sacrificing our bound weapon >.< E.G.

1 dungeoneering = 1 bind

that many binds would make dungeoneering way too easy on so many levels.

I mean, dungoeneering isn't really "hard" as it is....but that many binds would just make it feel like...killing goblins at level 80....

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I currently have:

Promethium 2H

Primal chainbody

Blood necklace

Primal skirt/legs

Shadow silk hood

Primal gauntlets

1 dungeoneering = 1 bind

Eh, 6 binds (an extra at 75 and 25) would give a full set of all armour except for melee with a shield. Who needs melee with a shield?

You know, if I got 2 extra binds and the FREAKING CELESTIAL STAFF ACTUALLY GAVE FREAKING FIRE RUNES - GAH! I'd try binding surgebox/celestial staff/spiritbloom top/legs. (Replacing my 2h, since it's prom it's not too hard to change back.) It'd be interesting to see how useful mage would be, particularly on bosses, with that magic bonus. Sadly, mage is too inaccurate for most bosses :(

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Well you can losslessly make range armor and making chaps +boots/vambs is relatively easy. If you have a sagi body bound, you start with 77 range attack and with chaps + vams/boots you can easily exceed 110 range attack.

Very few people can successfully make full tyrano without wasting time.

And assuming you keep the hood on, your range bonus would be 119 with sag body, hexhunter + rest tyranno.

I don't really think it'd be worth the effort when melee works so well already. Also factor that full leather lowers your atk. While % wise it isn't a lot for a 2h's stats, it's still -bonuses, I'm pretty sure a rapier out DPS a hex on all shades if you keep yourself leather/cloth free. If not they're very close.

. Sadly, mage is too inaccurate for most bosses :(

What dung are you playing?

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I'd probably go for the Promethium Plate. Replacing it with a Blood Necklace if I ever found one. Doubt I'll ever hit 100/120, nor do I think I'lll become a team Dungeoneer, so it's whatever helps me.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Very few people can successfully make full tyrano without wasting time.

And assuming you keep the hood on, your range bonus would be 119 with sag body, hexhunter + rest tyranno.

I don't really think it'd be worth the effort when melee works so well already. Also factor that full leather lowers your atk. While % wise it isn't a lot for a 2h's stats, it's still -bonuses, I'm pretty sure a rapier out DPS a hex on all shades if you keep yourself leather/cloth free. If not they're very close.

. Sadly, mage is too inaccurate for most bosses :(

What dung are you playing?

Um, mostly abandons? Idk. To be honest, I haven't tried mage on bosses all that often. My general experience is that most bosses have higher mage levels, and therefore high magical defence, especially on large 5:5s. I'll be quite happy if I'm wrong about that =D

Plus, I don't see corpsethorns often enough, and I can't make anything else. I'm half considering getting 88 fletch just to make better staffs since I don't see enough freaking corpsethorn.

Also, as for the ranger thing, having one person on the team in full leather with a hex seems useful imo. Less offense in some areas, but you get more def. Personally, the best combo I think I've seen on this thread is hex/primal 2h/SSH/tyrano body/primal legs.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Um, mostly abandons? Idk. To be honest, I haven't tried mage on bosses all that often. My general experience is that most bosses have higher mage levels, and therefore high magical defence, especially on large 5:5s. I'll be quite happy if I'm wrong about that =D

Plus, I don't see corpsethorns often enough, and I can't make anything else. I'm half considering getting 88 fletch just to make better staffs since I don't see enough freaking corpsethorn.

While melee still out DPS'es magic at many bosses, mage is accurate on

all demon bosses (can't do Warmonger, so no idea), although you really don't wanna mage Yk'lagor :P

Both 'Nauts

Hope devourer

Bulkwark (only really notable for speeding C1/2's)

Necrolord (better then range unless you have a hex, assuming you're using empower fire surges + pot)

Trio meleer

Gravecreeper (also makes him safer to fight)

It does't sound like much, but mage get's used pretty well in dungeoneering, MUCH more then range, that's for sure.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Just checked, the set up I proposed is 104 range attack.

2dgucz6.png

While melee still out DPS'es magic at many bosses, mage is accurate on

Gravecreeper (also makes him safer to fight)

Really? I doubt it's better than melee. I've -never- seen anyone mage this boss.

:thumbup:

It actually works very well on him, and I'm surprised it isn't done.

Tbh, it'd probably make for faster kills since when people melee, when ever GC says "buuurrrn" everyone backs away for 2-3 combat turns, where as when you mage, you never have to worry about it.

Also, when maging, you can stand in the door way, and when he burrows, instead of teleporting out, just bless the two tombstones next the door (only if they turn purple), and stay in the door way, the spec WILL NOT hit you.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

As i've got a blood necklace now and can't particularly dream of hex hunter(seriously, it would seem that most of the people posting they'd bind one have no idea about its rarity: you might not get one getting 120 dg), i'd likely go all out on melee DPS, plus getting t10 berserker as fast as possible. So for the binds:

Hood

Necklace

Primal Rapier

Primal Battleaxe/Prom 2h

CSB as ammo

Not yet decided in whether baxe or 2h will be best, but i will have to do some testing+ dps calculating on that. As far as i can see, with blood neck and piety activated(turm flicking is basically the same as original piety boost), you'd only lose out on really, really high def, which you shouldn't likely be meleeing anyway, and not having to reequip csb boosts my magic DPS(i lose blazer because i can't switch 3 weapons, autocast and quickswitch quickly enough with 2h). At 113, i'll obviously be getting Primal 2h.

I'd also like to note that i don't see enough love for cele cat staff on this thread, as you can be very effective going into gd's and just taking on the really high melee def monsters(199 ghosts, 299 fire giants) and maging them quickly to death with t9 blazer/t10 blitzer, cele cat and fire surge.

Vex, i had a solo soulgazer in a dungeon you keyed so you've basically seen atleast one :razz:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.