Extra Bind Slot

SirIzenhime

i currently have:

prom 2h ,still need to get 99 att :S

prim body

hood

i would consider binding a prim shild for keying, and change weapon to b-axe

and eventually change to 2h if i get blood nec or hhb, wich im not sure il find before 120 :S atm 112 (almost) never seen one of those drop ;O

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99 Slayer, 100 DG, Still haven't SEEN a Soulgazer, let alone thought about HHB. Also most people feel they are obliged to bind it due to it's rarity and if you were to change your mind that you do actually need one it's not practical to assume you will see another.

It also has some annoyances and you would have to change your playstyle within dungeoneering. Also 90+ Hunter & 99 Craft can benefit a HHB owner considerably. (Pro Dino Hunting lol)

Anyway current binds are SSH, Prom2h, Prim Plate, CSB.

I've basically gone with the plate as i've decided to focus on keying. It is possible to key without armour, but you are far more likely to die & you become more of a drain on the team asking for food. Having keyed from like 90-99 basically without one. Keying WITH a primal plate now the damage reduction is HUGE. You basically won't be KO'd deaths usually only occur when out of pray or just keying without food you will eventually die, (Hello 133 shade naise 280 range hit on my plate m8)

A note on the CSB, i've decided to keep this instead of laws. Sure it might make my floor times 30 seconds slower, but I believe the CSB would be more likely to benefit the team when I am forced to doing GD's, or we get Dreadnaught etc.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

While melee still out DPS'es magic at many bosses, mage is accurate on

Gravecreeper (also makes him safer to fight)

Really? I doubt it's better than melee. I've -never- seen anyone mage this boss.

:thumbup:

It actually works very well on him, and I'm surprised it isn't done.

Tbh, it'd probably make for faster kills since when people melee, when ever GC says "buuurrrn" everyone backs away for 2-3 combat turns, where as when you mage, you never have to worry about it.

Also, when maging, you can stand in the door way, and when he burrows, instead of teleporting out, just bless the two tombstones next the door (only if they turn purple), and stay in the door way, the spec WILL NOT hit you.

Your original post sounded like 'these are the bosses to mage'.

Also, you aren't supposed to not attack when he says 'burrrrnnn', you're supposed to run away, hit and run, hit and run, and by then he should have it off. You will get hit like 80 damage each time but whatever. If you time it right you miss no combat turns and only take a little damage.

And the spec thing - I'm not too sure about the exact details, but I think when two or more tombstones are blessed he won't use the crazy spec.

siggya.png

I've only got hood & prom2h atm, but when I start DG again (after 99 slay/range/basically max cb), I'll bind either hexhunter or bloodnecklace depending on what I get first...

Although it would be hard not to go for a CSB as well.

Trollbomber.png

And the spec thing - I'm not too sure about the exact details, but I think when two or more tombstones are blessed he won't use the crazy spec.

The way his spec works from what I've noticed, is that he burrows down, and a bunch of the tombstones turn purple.

Any tombstone that is purple will fire off 2-3 current of...something, I have no idea what it is, electric? in a random direction, usually in a way that coves the entire room. Now, when you stand the door way there only two tombstones that can POSSIBLY hit you are the two by the door, and even those usually wont. Blessing just those two and standing in the door way will leave you completely safe from harm.

As for the purple stuff, while he doesn't have it up often, and hit and run is a preferred tactic....most people don't do that, most people get scarred of it and stand off of it until it's gone, missing 1-3 combat turns (depending on your weapon)....it also drops any protection prayers you can use, which can sometimes have an impact on how long you're in the room being useful to your team.

Also, after his spec, the room gets full of them, and many times, it's nearly impossible to attack him without standing it, much less when he starts 'burning' again.

Maging from the doorway COMPLETELY negates all these problems. It also makes it so the only protection prayer option is protect from range, as it is very rare for him to reach melee range, depending on where he uproots/starts in the fight.

I honestly think people should give mage a try, because when I've done it, the results were good.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I honestly think people should give mage a try, because when I've done it, the results were good.

The problem is, if you have ragered him, melee will absolutely rape grave, and if you have a team who is competent enough to bless a tombstone each(preferably all the center ones and 2 at doorway) before gating out(which really isn't necessary) there is absolutely no reason to mage grave apart from the last ko hit.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I got 2h - hood.

I'll get prom gaunts for a third. When I get 99 defence I'll swap that for primal gauntlets. I'll take a blood necklace over either, of course, then rebind gauntlets at 100. My 5th bind would be a plate. It's not the best combination but it makes for very straightforward dungeoneering: go in and whack things.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The problem is, if you have ragered him, melee will absolutely rape grave, and if you have a team who is competent enough to bless a tombstone each(preferably all the center ones and 2 at doorway) before gating out(which really isn't necessary) there is absolutely no reason to mage grave apart from the last ko hit.

What if someone were to say, have a Cele Cat staff bound, and had fire runes made?

Would them maging the boss be acceptable?

What if no ragers get made (which DOES happen quiet often from my experiences)?

What if your team isn't competent? :rolleyes:

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Maging Necrolord is alright. Without any armor Fire Surge has around 65% accuracy on it.

Maging him has better DPS then ranging other then Hex bow :P

(this is assuming you make an empowered fire/using magic potion)

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

I'm currently just waiting on my hex, then I will need to get the rc level to make laws and then im set.

If I had to choose set ups i would do the sag body, prom legs dealio, seems pretty good.

What if someone were to say, have a Cele Cat staff bound, and had fire runes made?

Would them maging the boss be acceptable?

What if no ragers get made (which DOES happen quiet often from my experiences)?

What if your team isn't competent? :rolleyes:

What if you only do 45-47 rows :twisted: ?

it's still possible to get him, isn't it? Just much rarer.

Also factor in that in DGS, many people can only access low occults, as many people come there to learn early after just unlocking their large worthy floors.

I think this is worth looking into more (if it hasn't been already)

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

it's still possible to get him, isn't it? Just much rarer.

Also factor in that in DGS, many people can only access low occults, as many people come there to learn early after just unlocking their large worthy floors.

I think this is worth looking into more (if it hasn't been already)

It's pointless. Once everyone will get 89 dg(real dg only beging at 86 anyway for dgs, as it seems), thus, with a less than 5% likelyhood of grave, who cares? just use melee as it is better(unless you have max mage, but you don't). He is basically a ranger anyway, so i don't see the point of maging him because of lack of skill(in which case you should just get better).

Honestly I prefer Primal Maul because it' great to kill warriors with and it's the highest hitting of the weapons - I also have level 7 tactician ring. A Primal Maul with tactician ring isn't bad like people think it is, it still hits a lot regarless of monster weaknesses. I kinda think surgebox is a waste of ammo... it hits low and sagi arrows are the best arrows there are and if you had hexhunter it'd be better. But here's what I would want to have.

Primal Maul

Shadow Silk Hood

Blood Necklace

(Assuming I get the 3 levels more for 100 DG) Primal Gauntlets until I get Hexhunter

The accuracy of a primal maul with tactician ring and added bonuses with blood necklace still r8pes warriors pretty well. Plus I agree with what someone said before, if everyone had blood necklace, the dungeons would be much faster. Say if you're even just fighting 1 monster, 5 people with an added 50 hit is 250 damage free. Add a whole bunch of 50s to those big GD's and you're well into the 1000s of free damage. Saves food too.

^Dat trolling

Just got a blood neck drop - gave it to someone who was just about to hit 100. I could of destroyed plate and taken the risk but eh.

Since that's the 3rd or 4th I've seen this week it doesn't seem overly impossible to get again fairly soon if required.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

^Dat trolling

Just got a blood neck drop - gave it to someone who was just about to hit 100. I could of destroyed plate and taken the risk but eh.

Since that's the 3rd or 4th I've seen this week it doesn't seem overly impossible to get again fairly soon if required.

I have what, 17m dg xp and seen only one, maybe 20 edimmus total, and if you weren't a keyer i wouldn't even have this neck.

And lmao at having prim maul with tact. Kind of makes sense to need more accuracy on a weapon with the highest attack bonus in game.

Sagi Body + Chaps

53 Ranged Attack (equals 97 overall)

153 Crush

115 Slash

136 Stab

162 Magic

Sagi body + Primal Platelegs

24 Ranged Attack (68 overall)

188 Crush

234 Slash

269 stab

96 Magic

I don't think it's worth it to sacrifice 66 mage defense and 31 mage defense for 100 more in melee defenses, personally. Consider the hexhunter's low accuracy.

ZMFg2.jpg

DPS Setups should include only the following:

hood

2h/baxe

rapier

neck

hex

gaunts

primal plate > sag body (melee penalty) if meleeing

sag body > primal plate if hex

NO primal platelegs

Keyer Setups should include only the following:

hood

2h/baxe

cat staff

hex

primal plate

sag body

primal legs

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

One thing I think everyone needs to keep in mind with this is how true it is we are getting another bind slot. Knowing Jagex and how they like to hype things and then not deliver I think there is probably going to be some huge constraint on the new bind. Like for instance, maybe the quest gives us a new bind slot, but it is only a boots slot. So all this talk of what plate/weapon to get would be useless, the question then becomes, "Should I get encanter boots or T11 [melee/range/mage] boots?"

Basically, don't get too excited and put too much faith in Jagex. Consider how they could nerf this new bind, because they probably will.

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

Honestly I prefer Primal Maul because it' great to kill warriors with and it's the highest hitting of the weapons - I also have level 7 tactician ring. A Primal Maul with tactician ring isn't bad like people think it is, it still hits a lot regarless of monster weaknesses. I kinda think surgebox is a waste of ammo... it hits low and sagi arrows are the best arrows there are and if you had hexhunter it'd be better. But here's what I would want to have.

Primal Maul

Shadow Silk Hood

Blood Necklace

(Assuming I get the 3 levels more for 100 DG) Primal Gauntlets until I get Hexhunter

The accuracy of a primal maul with tactician ring and added bonuses with blood necklace still r8pes warriors pretty well. Plus I agree with what someone said before, if everyone had blood necklace, the dungeons would be much faster. Say if you're even just fighting 1 monster, 5 people with an added 50 hit is 250 damage free. Add a whole bunch of 50s to those big GD's and you're well into the 1000s of free damage. Saves food too.

only have crush is useless...

Unless you have a hex hunter, as far as a damaging bind goes Surge bow>Arrows, always

Bersker ring > Tactisian ring

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Bersker ring > Tactisian ring

Even if there was no maximum accuracy(as there is no maximum damage), i'd like to know the 3 weapon binds anyone has to justify their tactician ring. If you don't, forget about it.

Lol well I just havn't bothered to level berserk since I made 7 tactician on the first week and only went for chaotics ever since, will probably level berserk eventually.

Maging Necrolord is alright. Without any armor Fire Surge has around 65% accuracy on it.

Maging him has better DPS then ranging other then Hex bow :P

(this is assuming you make an empowered fire/using magic potion)

Oops, I meant Gravecreeper. I always confuse Gravecreeper with Necrolord lol...