The Cursed Planet

Icuownage

Welcome to my new RPG,

Firstly setting:

It has been almost a year since the grand cataclysm hit the world of Tetrim. The sky opened up, or was it Heaven itself? The most beautiful gold shone across the clouds of day, and outlasted the stars of night. A full week of devastation hit the four continents, many panicked at the possiblility of judgement day, while others turned to worship the God's for forgiveness, and on the last day, the golden aura that rested over Tetrim dissaperated, and as the sky faded, it fell. It was too fast to even catch a glimpse, but in it's tail, the same gold that had enveloped the world cut across the sky, creating the permanent Aurum Incisum. The object that fell too fast that it even cut the sky, struck in no other place than the grand palace of the Holy Empire of Primus Ascensio.

The palace was almost destroyed on impact, many took this as a sign to denounce their faith of the God's, instead taking the cataclysm as a message that they should not be worshipped. While other flocked to the golden city to see the devastation.

Within months, throughout Tetrim, people began noticing strange occurences, as if magic had been gifted to a special few, but it was not only humans that were affected by these 'mutations', forests came alive, the sea swallowed ships, lava figures formed and scorched the earth as they marched. The entire world was on the brink of total annhilation, and then the witch hunts came. These 'cursed' people were hunted like mad dogs, by mad dogs (coincedentally) brutally being murdered, some cults even used their remains in rituals.

Strangely enough, everywhere but Primus Ascensio was ruined by the aftermath, the energy from the object tamed the manevolent forces, and by the end of the year, the palace was rebuilt, and Primus took their revenge.

And this is where the tale begins, Primus Ascensio has formed a vast army, and will purge the non-believers under their gloriously golden war machines.

RULES:

Magic:

Incase it isn't obvious by the opening, magic is 'curses' and every single one of you (unless you choose not to be) is cursed. Now, you get to pick what your curse IS, but here's a few things to remember when you pick your curse:

You can pick the power of anything, be it mundane, to simply awesome, but the more powerful (or overpowered) you make your character, the less you can use your power.

Your curse drains you, everytime you use it, and so you get weaker and weaker, but you do recover and your body gets used to it after a while, allowing you to create more destruction.

If you need an example, let's say you decide, fire is a cool thing to take control of: Now, it's pretty easy to create fireballs (hell they're pretty much fist sized) and it probably wouldn't even effect you if you created a spark to create a fire, but if you want to begin to combust the air around you to form an area of hell around you, you'll probably begin to faint.

Now here's a warning: Fatigue is SMALL overuse of power, a LARGE overuse of power results in horrible consequences, such as injury, momentary loss of power (freedom), to death.

Now, as you only get to pick the power over one thing, pick carefully, but I will allow you to change early on in the game.

Combat:

Combat rules are still being thought about, but if I don't find another system I feel like I want to use, it'll be diceroll to determine luck, and then the logic of your attack.

Death:

You die. Ghosts exist though.

NPC's

You will meet many characters throughout the story, and you have to make sure you're not an idiot to them, they can kill you and you can kill them. Although some are needed to progress the story.

General:

We'll be using IRC.

You can argue with my decisions (keep it to a private channel or PM)

This is not going to be easy

There is a gameover.

Players:

[hide]

Captain Benard Wallace

Curse: Submerged Transformation

Power Rank: Weak

Jen

Curse: Ice powers

Power Rank: Normal

Peter

Curse: Chronomancy

Power Rank: Very Powerful

Tim

Curse: Gravity

Power Rank: Very Powerful

Earth

Curse: Acid Bending

Power Rank: Just slightly below average

Auran

Curse: Life bending

Power Rank: Above Average

Amadeus

Curse: None

Power Rank: Nil

Thog

Curse: Necromancy (So I guess life-death bending)

Power Rank: Above Average

Mask

Curse: Mimic

Power Rank: Variable

Hakon

Curse: Space Control

Power Rank: Powerful

Sylver

Curse: Animal Metamorph

Power Rank: Below Average

[/hide]

ARCS:

Arc 1-

[hide]

The First Arc

The Elemental Creed

With the invasion of Primus pending, all throughout Initium (the starting area), a new cult has sprung up, but instead of fading away like mosts cults do. This cult has gained much power lately in the land.

They have gained infamy through the destruction of many small towns and villages, but their recent action, the destruction of the City of Caprinus, which was famous for the massacre of many cursed individuals, has sparked much attention in local areas, and has caused fear and unrest throughout the area, of any cursed users, sadly, as there has been no way to subtly tell if someone is cursed, many townsfolk and villagers have been blaming eachother, and thus the Initium Inquisitors have been formed, although they're currently too weak to do anything at this time.

The Elemental Creed, as they call themselves, vows the destruction of the capital city of Initium, Inivitas. This is to pave the way for the Primus.

The Creed gain their name through the curses of their leaders and henchman, which generally revolve around the elements of Tetrim (Earth, fire, water, air, electric, nature(different to life))

[/hide]

World Map

-To be created-

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the cursed is a man that goes by the name of Captain. Bénard Wallace, a pirate universally regarded as a failiure. Without a crew and with only a small dinghy even the authority's have stopped paying attention to his foolish attempts at piracy. He is of large-build and an alchoholic, despite having strong physical strength his plans usually end up with him being overpowered very quickly by guns and swords.

[hide=Image of his appearence]Aimable_Pelissier.jpg[/hide]

The curse placed upon him is a strange tendency to transform into a fish-like aquatic monster while partially submerged in water. The onset of transformation occurs when at least submerged up the the thigh's in water or similar, standing near water doesn't count; he must be in the water.

Once underwater his hands are replaced with thick kerotin claws capable of ripping through human flesh like a warm knife through butter, his facial structure is changed to resemble an angler fish with teeth capable of ripping apart prey, his eyes allow underwater and telescopic vision and his sense of smell is enhanced, his feet develop fins to allow him to swin, gills are formed all over his body and boney growth's grow over his torso and back protecting him from any sort of damage.

In water he can swim at about 140 mp/h

Once out of water in fish form he will slowly return to human form in the course of about half an hour. His awareness and memory aren't altered however a sense of rage fills him while in the fish-form.

[hide=image of fish form]pS6F7.png[/hide]

qTLQRuS.png

Awesome :), sorry about not placing a character creation sheet, it's the one thing I forgot.

Please post your characters :D

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Jen, with power over nature.

This might be stuff like calling vines from the ground or speaking to an animal, for example.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Complete power over animals? Plants? Or nature in general (as in life bending)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Actually, I will go with time-tested.

Jen, with power over ice!

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Earth, with the ability to use acid and poison. Got to love burning holes through things.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Peter, with power over time.

This ought to be amusing at the least.

Chronomancy is 'powerful' so be careful with it.

Although will probably be very awesome end game.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Is this a team game like DnD or more individual like Dungeoneering?

DnD esque

You're working together guys.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Amadeus, a man who wasn't gifted like the rest of these folks.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

The First Arc

The Elemental Creed

With the invasion of Primus pending, all throughout Initium (the starting area), a new cult has sprung up, but instead of fading away like mosts cults do. This cult has gained much power lately in the land.

They have gained infamy through the destruction of many small towns and villages, but their recent action, the destruction of the City of Caprinus, which was famous for the massacre of many cursed individuals, has sparked much attention in local areas, and has caused fear and unrest throughout the area, of any cursed users, sadly, as there has been no way to subtly tell if someone is cursed, many townsfolk and villagers have been blaming eachother, and thus the Initium Inquisitors have been formed, although they're currently too weak to do anything at this time.

The Elemental Creed, as they call themselves, vows the destruction of the capital city of Initium, Inivitas. This is to pave the way for the Primus.

The Creed gain their name through the curses of their leaders and henchman, which generally revolve around the elements of Tetrim (Earth, fire, water, air, electric, nature(different to life))

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Are we the cult or are they a recurring villian team that also has magical powers similar to ours?

Are we the cult or are they a recurring villian team that also has magical powers similar to ours?

They're the first 'boss' and they wont be recurring. Only your power and slightly Earth's power is similar to theirs.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Thogrok son of Thog.

Curse: "Necromancy" (in that he can speak with and bind ghosts [to possibly create magic items?])

Thogrok grew up in a clan that the less enlightened would slander as barbarians, hunting and trapping with his father the auspiciously named Thog. This all changed when MAGIC! came back to the world and certain things came true. In the barbarian belief cabal (from now on known as the BBC) when you died you remained as a ghost and watched over the lives of your ancestors. When MAGIC! came back this became the case and all was well in the tribe. Thogrok's gift (if you would deign to call it such) is that he can converse and bind spirits (well ghosts) making him what the tribesmen called a Shaman. Exiled from his tribe he went upon a spirit journey to discover who he really is leading up to his involvement.

LNYvk.png

@Mask

Mimic is allowed.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Sylver of Arcadia*

Curse: Shapeshift (turns into a silver wolf at will)

Sylver was once an orphan, now a young adult with a simple, lonely life, and is around the age of twenty (The older version is currently 14 I think, that's why I'm using a newer version). Once magic had taken it's toll on her, she learned that she was no longer the simple brown hair and eyed girl that everybody once knew, her eye and hair color is now silver. Then, after a minute of a very painful headache, she turned into a silver wolf (by accident, she wasn't trying to). Full of curiosity about this new power, she hopes to find someone who can help her understand her " wolf condition"

[hide=*] A newer version of a character I have going currently in a RPG text game/ Harry Potter,Naruto crossover fanfiction. Those of you who are aware of the Space incident that recently took place, no my newer version of this character will have no memory concerning the RPG she's origionally from That make ya'll happy? [/hide]

[hide=And this is her theme]

[/hide]