Drinking/Drugs

Guest Rob

Jesus. That's like a 30-40$ a day habit...

You'd be surprised, I know many people whose cannabis consumption is much higher than that. And the price is even more so for harder drugs and pills too.

Higher than $30 - $40 per day ?! Don't know the rates where you are but that's like 5g at it's cheapest. Really have NO idea how anyone could consume that much everyday. o.O

If I have a really bad day (if my tics are really bad that day for whatever reason) I can easily smoke 3-4 grams that day to get my tics under control and help with the pain. Where I'm at, a eighth of good bud is about $60.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_preventable_causes_of_death#Leading_causes_in_the_United_States

Alcohol at #3.

On another note, I find it idiotic that while alcohol and tobacco are some of the leading causes of death, they are both legal while marijuana is not (very few if any people have died as a direct result of smoking marijuana).

Nobody has died from consumption of cannabis.

I guess I meant that people have died from the effects of smoke, not cannabis.

That would be caused by the properties of smoke though.

Yeah. So unless you're vaping, smoking marijuana has killed people.

Cannabis still hasn't killed anybody.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Depends where and how much you buy, whether you deal, whether you grow... For all you know he was getting it for 100$/week.

Yeah, there's a big difference between smoking $60-$80 in street price cannabis and smoking cannabis that you are getting for cost; the prices that small time dealers charge are ridiculous compared to what they get it for (and what that guy gets it for too, all the way up the chain). That's the reason I quit smoking cannabis, too damn expensive and I've got a lot of bills and responsibilities coming due. Now I just do a lot of drinking instead because cheap liquor is better than cheap bud :P

Semantics. If smoking cannabis kills someone, cannabis itself indirectly did kill them. They wouldn't be smoking if there was no cannabis.

What?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Semantics. If smoking cannabis kills someone, cannabis itself indirectly did kill them. They wouldn't be smoking if there was no cannabis.

What?

What?

Those sentences don't make any sense. What are you insinuating?

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

What?

What?

Those sentences don't make any sense. What are you insinuating?

That cannabis has killed people. Not through its own properties, but because of how people use it. And therefore, indirectly, it kills people.

PM me for fitocracy invite

That is hogwash. Cannabis use has not killed anyone. The only argument can be made for that is people that roll spliffs or joints that have both tobacco and cannabis in them. Other than that, cannabis is non-lethal.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

All smoke is not created equal. It is the properties of the substance that is being ignited that make smoke harmful or not.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

All smoke is not created equal. It is the properties of the substance that is being ignited that make smoke harmful or not.

Inhaling the products of ANY combustion is not good for you. Especially if using a BIC lighter, flint dust is worse for you than marijuana.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Look, I understand that smoke is not good for you, but cannabis smoke is non-lethal. Inhaling some butane fumes from a BIC lighter is also non-lethal. I'm not purporting at all that cannabis smoke is necessarily good for your health, but it is not lethal.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

^ Cannabis smoke contains less of those paticularly harmful chemicals like aldehydes, PAHs, dioxins etc and more carbon monoxide, ammonia, etc which is more easily eliminated from your body. Again this is probably not the case for most weed (due to the use of pesticides, fertilizers.)

Also cannabinoids promote faulty cells to die early (apparantly), so it's been said that the two "cancel out". I'm still unsure of that, tbh. In any case, you're more likely doing damage to your health by breathing in polluted air in large cities which contain many of the same harmful oxides (NOx), particulates, ozone so on so forth which are injurious to your health.

Moderation should be the main thing. :thumbup:

I just have a question for everybody here. Do you think that there are productive members of society who use hard drugs such as meth and heroine, or do you think they're all speed freaks buying batteries to help them make more to ingest?

Plenty of musicians were on hard drugs, but I guess celebrities are an exception. Unless their fame is fueled by their drug consumption (i.e. artists who somehow become inspired by those drugs), in which case they might have stimulated the economy. Other than that, I can't think of anything. Why?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I just have a question for everybody here. Do you think that there are productive members of society who use hard drugs such as meth and heroine, or do you think they're all speed freaks buying batteries to help them make more to ingest?

I think it's possible to have used heroin* or meth as a productive member of society and be able to continue to use them in moderation, but that these cases would be extremely rare. I think it's more likely for cocaine to be among that family than meth and heroin, but it's still fairly addictive (and easy to OD because the high is very short). This is why I am not sure legalization of such drugs is a good idea (decriminalization is always a good idea, though).

Each drug is different, and as a person with a non-addictive personality, I believe I could probably safely use heroin, meth and cocaine without picking up an addiction. However, I have chosen not to try any of those three for fear that it would become an addiction (not to mention I don't know anyone who regularly uses/sells heroin, meth or coke).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18956525

Heroin users were disproportionately overrepresented in the Consistently High Use group and underrepresented in the Low Use group; cocaine and meth users were mostly in the Moderate Use group. Users in the High Use group also had earlier onsets of drug use and crime, longer incarceration durations, and were the least employed. Clinical/service policy and practice need to recognize and adapt to the specific patterns and needs of users of different drugs while being mindful of the stage drug users are at in their life course.

The other day I met a lawyer who uses meth. Not sure how good of a lawyer he is, but he probably wouldn't be getting work if he was a terrible one.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Plenty of musicians were on hard drugs, but I guess celebrities are an exception. Unless their fame is fueled by their drug consumption (i.e. artists who somehow become inspired by those drugs), in which case they might have stimulated the economy. Other than that, I can't think of anything. Why?

I'm just curious as to what people think of them, since most people only talk of cannabis.

I know people that use harder drugs without addictions, it's doable, you just need stong willpower or be tolerant to the physical properties of addictions.

I believe I could probably safely use heroin without picking up an addiction.

No.

Tobacco is more addictive than heroin, and I've known people to kick a heroin addiction before their cigarette addiction. I've been able to smoke cigarettes in moderation for over 6 years (probably go through a pack once every two months). So one cigarette every three days (it's more like no cigarettes during the week, and then if I go to a bar I'll smoke three in one night). Now that I'm out of college and will be drinking a lot less, I'll probably be smoking them even less than I already did.

Now each drug is different in how it affects different people, so maybe heroin would be the drug that I couldn't resist, personally. But I believe I could probably do it once a month or something without any worry of addiction. I don't, though, for fear that that drug WOULD be different. Plus I am no longer in college, and I won't be doing any (illegal) drugs anymore anyway.

Some of my friends want to bring weed along when we go on our summer 'bro trip' out into the wilderness. They asked me if I'd do it with them, and honestly, I have no urge to try it at all. I'm done doing what the 'cool kids' do, and at this point, my friends won't succeed in pressuring me to do it. Plus, I want to be able to tell people that I haven't done [cabbage] like that, especially my futures spouse and kids.

Sure, to many people it isn't a big deal. But for me, I just don't want to do it. I don't have much against those who do do it (except ones that screw themselves over by doing it too much; and i'd rather my friends didn't do it).

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Some of my friends want to bring weed along when we go on our summer 'bro trip' out into the wilderness. They asked me if I'd do it with them, and honestly, I have no urge to try it at all. I'm done doing what the 'cool kids' do, and at this point, my friends won't succeed in pressuring me to do it. Plus, I want to be able to tell people that I haven't done [cabbage] like that, especially my futures spouse and kids.

Sure, to many people it isn't a big deal. But for me, I just don't want to do it. I don't have much against those who do do it (except ones that screw themselves over by doing it too much; and i'd rather my friends didn't do it).

If you're not going to stop your friends just because you don't want to try it, I have respect for you for that, and I hope your friends respect your wishes too.