Drinking/Drugs

Guest Rob

How the hell do you get the idea of being [bleep]ed by 3 guys in a night from Skins? Unless you're talking about the American version, and then it wouldn't surprise me.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drink.

A LOT.

I don't drink often, but when I do, I consume more than the rest of the club combined.

Do you also prefer Dos Equis?

I drink everyday. Like, a healthy 1-3 beers. If I hit the bar, its like 6-8 beers and a few shots.

top_lel_face.png

I drink.

A LOT.

I don't drink often, but when I do, I consume more than the rest of the club combined.

Do you also prefer Dos Equis?

Spirits drinker, myself.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I drink everyday. Like, a healthy 1-3 beers. If I hit the bar, its like 6-8 beers and a few shots.

Good luck with your liver failure.

I know, right? I mean, "a healthy 1-3 beers"? o.O

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Oh come on, the age of 18-24 is a time where most people dabble in alcoholism.

1-3 beers a night is not much at all actually. We're all going to die of cancer anyways.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

The heavy drinking, no, but a couple beers with dinner isn't bad for you and I've read elsewhere that having a daily glass of wine or beer is actually good for your health. I don't know if that's proven or not though.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

The heavy drinking, no, but a couple beers with dinner isn't bad for you and I've read elsewhere that having a daily glass of wine or beer is actually good for your health. I don't know if that's proven or not though.

I thought it was just wine...

But everything is bad for you if you have too much.

Your liver is only [bleep]ed if you're an excessive drinker. A beer or two here or there isn't going to kill you.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Your liver is only [bleep]ed if you're an excessive drinker. A beer or two here or there isn't going to kill you.

You're only focusing on the extremes variables there. 1-3 beers is very casual drinking and also doesn't mean that he is always have 3 beers every night like you bolded. Also when he refers to going to a bar it's only probably only a few nights a week like one or two.

I don't know why you have such a negative view on drinking, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

tFtfA.jpg

I think we can all agree that beer may not be very bad for you, but it definitely isn't good for you.

Pretty sure it's just wine, not beer, that can be good for you. Beer is just a can of calories. :P

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

You won't kill your liver if you drink a few beers.

You won't get lung cancer if you smoke a few cigs.

It's called moderation.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

People do lots of things that may not be necessarily beneficial to them. Sure it's not good, but it's not necessarily bad either. If it becomes a heavy thing, then obviously alcohol is a bad thing for that person.

Yes, in theory alcohol shouldn't be consumed at all. However, it's just become a social norm for people to use it. It's something that doesn't cause a lot of harm unless consumed in mass quantities, so again, if it becomes a heavy thing then it's a bad thing. Taking life too carefully may not necessarily be the best option. It can take away from life just as much as it gives more of it. I'm not trying to imply that not drinking alcohol means that you're being too careful. Not at all. All I'm saying is that overall when you are too careful, life can be less fulfilling even though it's slightly longer.

j0xPu5R.png

You're only focusing on the extremes variables there. 1-3 beers is very casual drinking and also doesn't mean that he is always have 3 beers every night like you bolded. Also when he refers to going to a bar it's only probably only a few nights a week like one or two.

I don't know why you have such a negative view on drinking, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

If you include the trips to the bar, he probably is averaging 3 beers a night, which is a bad idea if continued for a while.

PM me for fitocracy invite

I've now come to realize that people who argue about how much beer is good or bad for you clearly need more beer in them.

Also, I really like beer. Drank 3L the other day in one bar, then shots at another bar (that lil' jon song came on so we had to). Then played rock paper scissors drink with a 270 pound man behind the bar and got pretty drunk.

hiccup.png

If you include the trips to the bar, he probably is averaging 3 beers a night, which is a bad idea if continued for a while.

There are a million other things more people do on a daily basis that are worse for your health than three beers a night. It's only perceived as worse because you become intoxicated from drinking beer. How about the people that eat at McDonald's, drive without a seat belt, get extremely sunburned often, or play contact sports that cause brain damage? Those are just a few examples off the top of my head. Like I said, it's only perceived as more negative because it makes you drunk.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

There are a million other things more people do on a daily basis that are worse for your health than three beers a night. It's only perceived as worse because you become intoxicated from drinking beer. How about the people that eat at McDonald's, drive without a seat belt, get extremely sunburned often, or play contact sports that cause brain damage? Those are just a few examples off the top of my head. Like I said, it's only perceived as more negative because it makes you drunk.

Drumming...My (Our) poor ears D:

Oh yes, my hearing is already damaged. So many hours spent on drumlines without wearing earplugs. I do wear (ear) protection when I'm playing the set though.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

He's not saying it's the worst possible thing he could be doing, he's just saying it's a bad thing. Just because he doesn't do "X" doesn't mean "Y" is justified. And it's not perceived as negative because it gets you drunk, it's perceived as negative because it puts you at a higher risk for liver cancer and all that [cabbage] excessive drinking does.