Drinking/Drugs

Guest Rob

Just asking, has anyone taken an above normal dose of LSD ? Talking in excess of ~400 micrograms. The only other times I've taken were half hits, etc. Don't know what to expect, I've been reading but eh. Might need a full day to myself.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just asking, has anyone taken an above normal dose of LSD ? Talking in excess of ~400 micrograms. The only other times I've taken were half hits, etc. Don't know what to expect, I've been reading but eh. Might need a full day to myself.

LSD is hard to come by around were I live. You seem to live in an area with availability to a lot of drugs. :lol:

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

All of those things are just as bad if not worse, except contact sports because it takes a damn long time (like 5+ years depending on sport) for brain damage to be significant.

Wrong. It takes ONE blow to the head, one helmet to helmet contact to cause enough damage to cause dementia and other brain complications later in life.

Your liver is only [bleep]ed if you're an excessive drinker. A beer or two here or there isn't going to kill you.

I drink everyday. Like, a healthy 1-3 beers. If I hit the bar, its like 6-8 beers and a few shots.

You're only focusing on the extremes variables there. 1-3 beers is very casual drinking and also doesn't mean that he is always have 3 beers every night like you bolded. Also when he refers to going to a bar it's only probably only a few nights a week like one or two.

I don't know why you have such a negative view on drinking, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

If you include the trips to the bar, he probably is averaging 3 beers a night, which is a bad idea if continued for a while.

There are a million other things more people do on a daily basis that are worse for your health than three beers a night. It's only perceived as worse because you become intoxicated from drinking beer. How about the people that eat at McDonald's, drive without a seat belt, get extremely sunburned often, or play contact sports that cause brain damage? Those are just a few examples off the top of my head. Like I said, it's only perceived as more negative because it makes you drunk.

He's not saying it's the worst possible thing he could be doing, he's just saying it's a bad thing. Just because he doesn't do "X" doesn't mean "Y" is justified. And it's not perceived as negative because it gets you drunk, it's perceived as negative because it puts you at a higher risk for liver cancer and all that [cabbage] excessive drinking does.

Except that is not excessive drinking, but whatever. I just get upset when people demonize drinking because of the stigmas attached when there are many, many other things that are much worse for you but aren't exactly talking points.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Wrong. It takes ONE blow to the head, one helmet to helmet contact to cause enough damage to cause dementia and other brain complications later in life.

This would explain why many of the people who've stuck with playing regular contact sports since school are as thick as [faecal matter].

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Yes, and there have been some really ground breaking studies done within the last five years about contact sports and their long term affects on health. Even athletes that stop at the college level have an extremely high likelihood of having some sort of brain-related illness later in life.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Your liver is only [bleep]ed if you're an excessive drinker. A beer or two here or there isn't going to kill you.

I drink everyday. Like, a healthy 1-3 beers. If I hit the bar, its like 6-8 beers and a few shots.

You're only focusing on the extremes variables there. 1-3 beers is very casual drinking and also doesn't mean that he is always have 3 beers every night like you bolded. Also when he refers to going to a bar it's only probably only a few nights a week like one or two.

I don't know why you have such a negative view on drinking, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

If you include the trips to the bar, he probably is averaging 3 beers a night, which is a bad idea if continued for a while.

There are a million other things more people do on a daily basis that are worse for your health than three beers a night. It's only perceived as worse because you become intoxicated from drinking beer. How about the people that eat at McDonald's, drive without a seat belt, get extremely sunburned often, or play contact sports that cause brain damage? Those are just a few examples off the top of my head. Like I said, it's only perceived as more negative because it makes you drunk.

He's not saying it's the worst possible thing he could be doing, he's just saying it's a bad thing. Just because he doesn't do "X" doesn't mean "Y" is justified. And it's not perceived as negative because it gets you drunk, it's perceived as negative because it puts you at a higher risk for liver cancer and all that [cabbage] excessive drinking does.

Except that is not excessive drinking, but whatever. I just get upset when people demonize drinking because of the stigmas attached when there are many, many other things that are much worse for you but aren't exactly talking points.

I didn't mean him in particular, I was just talking about excessive drinking in general.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_preventable_causes_of_death#Leading_causes_in_the_United_States

Alcohol at #3.

On another note, I find it idiotic that while alcohol and tobacco are some of the leading causes of death, they are both legal while marijuana is not (very few if any people have died as a direct result of smoking marijuana).

PM me for fitocracy invite

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_preventable_causes_of_death#Leading_causes_in_the_United_States

Alcohol at #3.

On another note, I find it idiotic that while alcohol and tobacco are some of the leading causes of death, they are both legal while marijuana is not (very few if any people have died as a direct result of smoking marijuana).

Nobody has died from consumption of cannabis.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Alcohol at #3.

I guess I meant that people have died from the effects of smoke, not cannabis.

Alcohol at #3.

That would be caused by the properties of smoke though.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I believe that most people should experiment with drugs and alcohol at some point in their lives barring any illness/disease/addiction problem they might have. All drugs should be decriminalized just as Portugal has done, focusing resources on rehabilitation and health instead of crime. Even if you don't believe that you have to admit that the War on Drugs has been an abysmal failure. If you want to criminalize drugs, at least argue for Sweden's model instead of the US model.

I believe that marijuana and mushrooms should be legalized, outright. The remainder of the drugs should be decriminalized and we should start telling the truth about drugs in general, just as been done with tobacco and sex. "Just say no" isn't a strategy, it's a marketing campaign designed to assuage parents and make them think something is being done. As far as legalizing the others, I would not advocate for that -- at least not outright. And I might not ever think they should all be legalized (but they should be decriminalized).

I believe we should allow for the sale of alcohol past certain times, as disallowing alcohol to be sold in a store at midnight (or 9 pm for liquor) encourages people to go to the bar and drive home intoxicated. "Oh, I don't have any beer in the fridge and it's too late to buy it. Well, let's go to the bar!" Public transportation should be encouraged and invested in all metropolitan areas with high population centers.

I have tried marijuana, mushrooms, Vicodin, alcohol, caffeine, tobacco and hydrocodone. However, now that I've graduated college I won't be doing any drugs again. I probably won't drink that much, either.

Alcohol at #3.

That would be caused by the properties of smoke though.

Yeah. So unless you're vaping, smoking marijuana has killed people.

Just so you know, grown men can have three or less drinks (1 shot = 1 glass of wine = 1 beer) a day totalling 15 or less drinks a week and suffer from little negative side effects. At a later age, positive effects appear. That being said, the drinks have to be spread out over the week. My source is in French, sorry:

"Femmes :

• Ne pas boire plus de 2 verres standard par jour .

• Limiter la consommation à 10 verres standard

par semaine.

Hommes :

• Ne pas boire plus de 3 verres standard par jour.

• Limiter la consommation à 15 verres standard

par semaine."

In English, never more than two a day for women, and never more than 10 a week. 3/day 15/week max for men.

Also, does that include DUIs, nom?

As for weed:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/01/20/1074360762037.html

You can die from smoking too much weed. How you end up smoking 6 joints a day from 25-36 years old is beyond me though.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Funny how people say that drugs are disgusting and alcohol is okay. Alcohol is, funnily enough, a drug, too.

Personally, however, I enjoy drinking with friends. Haven't tried drugs, but might try marijuana for the sake of it. I've heard from so many sources that it's much better and safer than alcohol, and after having done research, it seems to be true.

Despite being 15, my parents actually said that it'd be fun if we went to Amsterdam and try smoking weed in a coffee shop. I'm dead serious! :P But after all, they aren't completely innocent themselves. ;) (My Dad and his friend grew their own pot when they were young, LOL.)

Haven't read all 13 pages but bottom line is - drugs are drugs. People do them for 4 reasons:

1)To forget/ameliorate problems in their own life

2)To impress someone and then getting addicted and cant stop

3)Stress, which is actually kind of #1

4)Pleasure, but this is rarely the case in my opinion.

Wheter you try them or not it doesn't matter. You won't get to hard drugs unless you have some serious problems. Softer ones like alchohol, marijuana and their affiliates are meh, they won't kill you or do harm in moderation. Even smoking isn't that bad unless you do it like a maniac.

Final1.jpg

I haven't drank in a while, so I was pretty darn drunk last night after six beers. I did drink them pretty fast, though.

Sometimes it's enjoyable to have some of my girl friends around during a get together where there are drinks. But a lot of the time they create so much [bleep]ing drama. So it's good every once in a while to just sit down and have a few beers with the guys.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Jesus. That's like a 30-40$ a day habit...

You'd be surprised, I know many people whose cannabis consumption is much higher than that. And the price is even more so for harder drugs and pills too.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Depends where and how much you buy, whether you deal, whether you grow... For all you know he was getting it for 100$/week.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Well if it was here, it would be around that price. And I've heard that the UK has lower prices than here.

But in any case, a very expensive habit. How people afford that, I don't know.

Jesus. That's like a 30-40$ a day habit...

You'd be surprised, I know many people whose cannabis consumption is much higher than that. And the price is even more so for harder drugs and pills too.

Higher than $30 - $40 per day ?! Don't know the rates where you are but that's like 5g at it's cheapest. Really have NO idea how anyone could consume that much everyday. o.O