Is anyone else just completely disappointed with everyone?

IHasChicken

The problem with General Discussion has always been that discussions of gameplay and metagame are always immediately buried under the multitudes of botting/morality/recent updates/etc topics.

lol I agree and admit that I've grown a little tired of every update on the runescape.com website craving its own topic here :mrgreen: :thumbup:

What gets me is that people post them here, then read the comments on the thread and reply but STILL manage to not read the news article itself.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metagaming should have its own forum on here for discussions. Let Obt and Grimy moderate it (along with all the other global tipit mods... particularly Quy). If for some reason, conflicts and/or unjust behavior follows, then switch things up again till everything works out.

The reason there's problems in H&A is everyone has such strong views on their own preferences/methods, that they start getting personal when defending their stance. Anyone can report such posts and action can be taken. If everyone just takes a moment to refrain from personal/rude comments before posting in a forum built for help and advice (not personal attacks), there shouldn't be any problems. If someone receives bad/incorrect advice, it's not the end of the world. If you are extremely concerned about them receiving the best information (potentially yours), then just PM them it if means you won't have to get into a lengthy unproductive argument with another person who could be ignorant. Or take the argument against the "ignorant" person to PMs also. Don't make everyone else read it because every time it ultimately goes nowhere.

Also, with a metagaming forum, one could also just link discussion topics to H&A posts to provide evidence for one's research/claims/advice.

77yLQy8.png

Metagaming should have its own forum on here for discussions. Let Obt and Grimy moderate it (along with all the other global tipit mods... particularly Quy). If for some reason, conflicts and/or unjust behavior follows, then switch things up again till everything works out.

The reason there's problems in H&A is everyone has such strong views on their own preferences/methods, that they start getting personal when defending their stance. Anyone can report such posts and action can be taken. If everyone just takes a moment to refrain from personal/rude comments before posting in a forum built for help and advice (not personal attacks), there shouldn't be any problems. If someone receives bad/incorrect advice, it's not the end of the world. If you are extremely concerned about them receiving the best information (potentially yours), then just PM them it if means you won't have to get into a lengthy unproductive argument with another person who could be ignorant. Or take the argument against the "ignorant" person to PMs also. Don't make everyone else read it because every time it ultimately goes nowhere.

Also, with a metagaming forum, one could also just link discussion topics to H&A posts to provide evidence for one's research/claims/advice.

This speaks so much sense my brain may pop from reading it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Eh, I like the news articles being posted weekly. It's not really any more cluttering than the weekly Times thread is.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Eh, I like the news articles being posted weekly. It's not really any more cluttering than the weekly Times thread is.

Try more like 3 times a week. Damn near every blog post and dev update gets its own topic.

hzvjpwS.gif

Yeah, I think GD works well for those sorts of things. It'd just be nice to be rid of the clutter. :P

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Try more like 3 times a week. Damn near every blog post and dev update gets its own topic.

Yeah most dev blogs and MAJOR updates are fair enough.

but when jagex churns out like 6 or 7 news posts a week about "join us this weekend" "this months prize draw" "high scores maintenance" its like these have like no discussion value to them at all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I still think main updates should be able to keep their own topics. I rarely read any of the blogs or developer stuff because a good portion of the time those things don't come to fruition.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I still think main updates should be able to keep their own topics. I rarely read any of the blogs or developer stuff because a good portion of the time those things don't come to fruition.

I post the BIG game update for the week, I ignore every other update or you're just spamming imo.