Is anyone else just completely disappointed with everyone?

IHasChicken

He wanted it taken down because he wanted to be appreciated. And his posts, while often blunt, offered very good insight. People have different opinions about this but that is what I think. Anyways, the topic of those-who-naming-warrents-bans has been beaten to death.

Edit: @Sy They have more right to do those things then other players who remain unbanned yet were bigger trolls and flamers.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most users did appreciate the guide, that's why it's obviously in spite. The groups argument was with the staff, the staff is who banned Blade, not the community who USED his guide.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

He wanted it taken down because he wanted to be appreciated. And his posts, while often blunt, offered very good insight. People have different opinions about this but that is what I think. Anyways, the topic of those-who-naming-warrents-bans has been beaten to death.

Edit: @Sy They have more right to do those things then other players who remain unbanned yet were bigger trolls and flamers.

Wanted to be appreciated, or immature because he didn't get his own way?

Yes...some posts giving insight, most others not. Just because he's given one positive, doesn't mean the 10 negatives are wiped. Don't be silly.

If I was the Admins I would have put a stop to their kids game months ago and not let them think they have some hold on the community because of some information they have compiled, I would have sooner told them where to go -- and in a manner that's not so friendly.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Yes...some posts giving insight, most others not. Just because he's given one positive, doesn't mean the 10 negatives are wiped. Don't be silly.

If I was the Admins I would have put a stop to their kids game months ago and not let them think they have some hold on the community because of some information they have compiled, I would have sooner told them where to go -- and in a manner that's not so friendly.

The reasoning behind wanting his guide taken down is because you don't know a good thing until it's gone. I suppose the thought process was that people take the advice given for granted, and he/we/the rest of the efficient community didn't want that.

The reasoning behind wanting his guide taken down is because you don't know a good thing until it's gone. I suppose the thought process was that people take the advice given for granted, and he/we/the rest of the efficient community didn't want that.

No one's arguing his guide wasn't a good thing. However that doesn't excuse his behavior in the slightest.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

By that logic I can go and flame anyone for any reason at all; I did after all provide tip.it and its hundreds/thousands of users with detailed guides for 2 of the hardest puzzles in game and a whole myriad of other corrections and details across a good 70% or so of guides on the website.

And by that logic all the staff are in no way in the wrong because their long-term contribution to tip.it vastly exceeds the odd guide here or there.

But no, no-one has any right to at all. Someone did it before me, or worse than me is not a valid defence of rule breaking.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think the thing was the punishment was not in accordance with their crime.

If somebody trolls all day and just flames other users and is not banned, why would somebody who is blunt and makes sarcastic comments while providing useful information get banned?

That just seems to point to favoritism and I think that's why everybody is so angry.

capt%20kevin.png

I think it fits.

The whole issue started on a thread stating tht trolling and flaming was gonna be more strictly punished/dealt with.

People are just kicking up that ppl who trolled worse BEFORE the rule change but haven't really done anything AFTER the rule change haven't been banned when people who HAVE trolled/flamed badly after the rule change has.

If those older trolls post in their old style I'm sure the mods will get them; but you can't enforce a rule retrospectively to things that happened before it was put in place.

Granted I not seen all the posts in the fight the mods cleaned em up quickly, but I got the jist of what's happened though no specific names etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

By that logic I can go and flame anyone for any reason at all; I did after all provide tip.it and its hundreds/thousands of users with detailed guides for 2 of the hardest puzzles in game and a whole myriad of other corrections and details across a good 70% or so of guides on the website.

And by that logic all the staff are in no way in the wrong because their long-term contribution to tip.it vastly exceeds the odd guide here or there.

But no, no-one has any right to at all. Someone did it before me, or worse than me is not a valid defence of rule breaking.

Nope, you are the cancer that is killing H&A. If you flame or troll then you deserve to be banned. I'm done with this topic. GD is becoming a cesspool, I'll stick to helping people in H&A (read: protecting them from misinformation) and posting on the new forums.

By the way, your inflammatory attitude Sy is exactly what got these forums into this whole mess. Please try to understand what happened before you comment so strongly on it. You have no clue what went down.

PM me in game anytime

Sure you keep telling yourself that.

Clearly my posting genuine advice then being flamed at and attacked for it is the problem.

It is in no way the people who can't just civilly respond.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Flame me - i will bite back.

Prove me wrong CIVILLY - I will gladly accept it and apologise fro my bad advice.

And as ever no-one ever pays any note to the many many many posts I have which have no issue at all because they are perfectly good advice.

And apologising when your wrong is more than most users do; I recall many occasions people started on me and I proved my point and they vanished; like a recent thread about Dwarves using magic where this user called Nifflin started on me saying I was lying and oh yeah I posted proof that backed up my case as did others and surprise surprise nifflin just stopped responding....

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Link please, I can't keep track of all the times I've corrected you. Also, do this in PM, no reason to spam this thread off topic any more then it already has gone.

PM me in game anytime

You've hinted at the big issue - what do you want Tip.it to be? If you want Tip.it to be a gamer's forum then letting the big contributors go is seriously detrimental to that goal. If you want Tip.it to be a community for unicorns, people like me aren't needed here. Considering that this is inherently a gamer's forum, moving it away from such doesn't really make sense and will hurt Tip.it in the future when newer players seek out knowledge and guides and it just can't deliver. I'm sure those players will love Tip.it if they need to rant about bots, but they won't stick around for anything beyond that.

Not that it matters - the admins have made their decision. It was messy, yes, but everyone wins in the end because of what happened (unless you're a unicorn).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Surely flaming eachother repetitively in heated argument is not the way to reslove this entire issue? It also irks me that some people view themselves above everyone else - get down off your high horse and stop telling me that you are essential to the TIF community and it will die without you - that's not true (not directed at anyone in particular, at least I will name no names).

I think, to clear this whole thing up, the admin team really have to be a little more transparent on this whole issue and release information on why the person who was banned, was banned (with his permission, of course).

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nope, you are the cancer that is killing H&A. If you flame or troll then you deserve to be banned. I'm done with this topic. GD is becoming a cesspool, I'll stick to helping people in H&A (read: protecting them from misinformation) and posting on the new forums.

By the way, your inflammatory attitude Sy is exactly what got these forums into this whole mess. Please try to understand what happened before you comment so strongly on it. You have no clue what went down.

Nope, he isn't. Sure he doesn't post correct information 100% of the time. But he isn't the cancer.

What deems "misinformation" by the way? By your attitude, it seems like it means anything that isn't the most efficient. And that attitude is the cancer that is killing H&A. Users should be allowed to give their own advice, and leave it up to OP to make the decision. They don't need to be "protected" from "misinformation".

Get off your high horse, you're protecting no one.

Staurolite.png

If people cannot discuss things in this thread civilly then they will not be allowed to discuss it here at all. This thread has been left open for the reason that people felt things need to be aired in a respectful manner. If somebody disagrees with you and you think they are flaming, report them but do not reply to them, otherwise you are likely to get your posts removed just as much as the other person.

Obtaurian. Constantly referring to everybody as unicorns is doing nobody good. From a personal point of view (not staff) it just makes you look like somebody who has zero respect for people with an opposing opinion. You have stated your opinion numerous times yet keep bringing up the same thing over and over when everybody already knows your view. It looks in my opinion as to be doing nothing more than bringing the discussion down. It is impossible to discuss when you are adamant changed won't happen or that the staff have already made up their mind (which I will tell you is 100% wrong).

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

If people want to leave the forums, why can't they just do so silently and quickly instead of making such a deal about it? :unsure:

Either make the point and move on or stay, adapt and try to influence positively.

Agreed. I don't remember seeing Compfreak starting this whole mess when he decided to leave.

Staurolite.png

If people cannot discuss things in this thread civilly then they will not be allowed to discuss it here at all. This thread has been left open for the reason that people felt things need to be aired in a respectful manner. If somebody disagrees with you and you think they are flaming, report them but do not reply to them, otherwise you are likely to get your posts removed just as much as the other person.

Obtaurian. Constantly referring to everybody as unicorns is doing nobody good. From a personal point of view (not staff) it just makes you look like somebody who has zero respect for people with an opposing opinion. You have stated your opinion numerous times yet keep bringing up the same thing over and over when everybody already knows your view. It looks in my opinion as to be doing nothing more than bringing the discussion down. It is impossible to discuss when you are adamant changed won't happen or that the staff have already made up their mind (which I will tell you is 100% wrong).

Not that it matters - the admins have made their decision. It was messy, yes, but everyone wins in the end because of what happened (unless you're a unicorn).

Maybe I should've been more clear: I'm happy with the outcome of this whole thing because the administration has chosen to help foster a metagamer's community, which is exactly what we wanted.

And I love unicorns. I even had one as my avatar for a few days.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Surely flaming eachother repetitively in heated argument is not the way to reslove this entire issue? It also irks me that some people view themselves above everyone else - get down off your high horse and stop telling me that you are essential to the TIF community and it will die without you - that's not true (not directed at anyone in particular, at least I will name no names).

I think, to clear this whole thing up, the admin team really have to be a little more transparent on this whole issue and release information on why the person who was banned, was banned (with his permission, of course).

:thumbup: Agreed.

There is a lot of argument going on and in part - I believe, that some of this is caused by people who don't know the whole story.

However, nobody is allowed to discuss the story - so, some people are arguing based on the whole story, and others are arguing based on snippets of the story they had to gather by themselves.

Either way, this is (well, has rather) become a very circular argument and nobody making any progress.

For the mods/staff that have been apologizing (even though they may have had nothing to do with this business), why not give us the full story?

capt%20kevin.png

Going to be honest here:

I have a long history of tip it as do most of the other people I'm involved with. The most ideal solution would be for us to have our own space on tip it. It reduces our overhead (good for us) and it keeps us under tip it's banner (good for tip it)

But it's the general attitude of a lot of people, mods, posters alike, HIGHLIGHTED like a sore thumb on this thread (i'll try not to name names) that makes me feel more strongly about leaving.

If we were to make a new space on tip it, mods NEED to pick sides or we're going to continue have these stupid arguments. If administration cannot promise that action is taken against disruptive users - not necessarily blanket banning but banning for certain forums - I just don't see why I'd want to be a part of tip it anymore.

But I don't really see that happening, given tip it moderator history.

Separating gives us a clean slate, away not only from trolls but also the genuine but annoying / immature / brash users that tip it currently has.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Going to be honest here:

I have a long history of tip it as do most of the other people I'm involved with. The most ideal solution would be for us to have our own space on tip it. It reduces our overhead (good for us) and it keeps us under tip it's banner (good for tip it)

But it's the general attitude of a lot of people, mods, posters alike, HIGHLIGHTED like a sore thumb on this thread (i'll try not to name names) that makes me feel more strongly about leaving.

If we were to make a new space on tip it, mods NEED to pick sides or we're going to continue have these stupid arguments. If administration cannot promise that action is taken against disruptive users - not necessarily blanket banning but banning for certain forums - I just don't see why I'd want to be a part of tip it anymore.

But I don't really see that happening, given tip it moderator history.

Separating gives us a clean slate, away not only from trolls but also the genuine but annoying / immature / brash users that tip it currently has.

Your own space as in...your own forum?

Unfortunately, you don't have any admins or any serious mods who do the efficiency thing so they don't think it's needed. No one is really gonna back you up on it. Sorry. I personally think it's as important a demographic as those damnable clans so you should get one, but you're not.

Unfortunately, you don't have any admins or any serious mods who do the efficiency thing so they don't think it's needed. No one is really gonna back you up on it. Sorry. I personally think it's as important a demographic as those damnable clans so you should get one, but you're not.

We're already talking with admins about this right now.

C1Geq.png

We're already talking with admins about this right now.

Good to know. Like I said, I don't do the efficiency and I'd rather it get it's own place so I don't have to browse through it.

And Vulx, I think they wanted their own subforum under General Discussion if I'm not mistaken.

Wait and see, you would be surprised.

PM me in game anytime

@The-Ancients point:

The trouble is you can't pick a side without being totally bias and alienating one important set of users or another.

Both side sees the other as the brash/immature/annoying users.

I don't think you can say, however, that either side is correct in their view; just opposing viewpoints (which both have merits and flaws to them) and, for some at least, an unwillingness to live and let live as it were.

Also would be good if admins and/or mods would grace us with some sort of overview of the events this thread is about so everyone is on the same page precisely as to wtf it is about.

Plv6Dz6.jpg