Email registration

Jimmyw3000

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have an email registered

• Yes
    • No

Do you guys have an email registered? (and why)

Basically having an email makes it easier to recover your account, but also makes it easier for it to be hacked in the first place. ( I think)

basically, is having an email registered good or bad towards account security?

At the moment, I have the email on my F2P account registered (for the bank space), and my p2p account has no email registered at all.

Thanks.

Yep I do. I have it linked to an unknown E-mail which Isn't affiliated with any other things. Makes it much easier to recover your account as well as see when others try to recover your account as messages are sent to your e-mail upon request of pass recovery or changes to your account.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Yep I do. I have it linked to an unknown E-mail which Isn't affiliated with any other things. Makes it much easier to recover your account as well as see when others try to recover your account as messages are sent to your e-mail upon request of pass recovery or changes to your account.

+1

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Interesting thought, it is something to think about. Not having a email doesn't make it harder to recover the account because you use credit card information to insta recover it anyway..

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Interesting thought, it is something to think about. Not having a email doesn't make it harder to recover the account because you use credit card information to insta recover it anyway..

Eh, that sounds like more effort.

Registering your email is a bit of a no brainer, really.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I did it with an email I made specifically for it. I'm interested to see how long it takes before I start getting emails from other companies on it. Industry specific email lists are worth a pretty penny. I won't be surprised when Jagex sells it.

nautica.png

nautica.png

I might change the email address registered with mine because I do use it for other things than RuneScape.

If you do register your email address, it's best to use it just for RuneScape. In other words, make a brand new one and use that one for registration.

I know that on my clan boards we do not have email recovery because in the past an admin had their account compromised which resulted in loss of all data.

j0xPu5R.png

Yea, like others it is an email address created for this purpose alone since most of my other email addresses can probably be found quite easily if someone is determined to find them :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I do have an email address registered, one which I use for nothing else. I know I could use my card details to recover my account if the worst came to the worst, but the more information you have the better. I have old passwords, old usernames, email addy and card details (and of course a general idea of what's in my bank). I like to think my account is pretty secure.

12 more bank spaces and a much safer account if you know how to use it.

Registered it to a E-mail that I only use for that. Nothing else.

3 different emails total. One for Runescape, one for other serious sites, and one for spam.

So yes, why not?

I stuck it on my main email (I have a university email too, but I don't give that one out to anyone outside uni) a long time ago, and I've used it before to recover a password. I've never got a whisper of spam.

~ W ~

sigzi.png