If someone stuttered when they talk, would you notice?

Hakaan

I apparently failed to make this a poll, so just answer it in your post. I stutter and I feel like it's very noticeable, but everyone tells me they don't even notice it. I'm not quite sure I believe them.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

I had a friend who stuttered. We noticed.

good luck bro.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

www.vocaroo.com

Record your voice there and I'll tell you the truth.

You can read a section on carrots for me if you can't think of anything else.

Carrots can be eaten in a variety of ways. Only 3% of the β-carotene in raw carrots is released during digestion: this can be improved to 39% by pulping, cooking and adding cooking oil.[2]Alternatively they may be chopped and boiled, fried or steamed, and cooked in soups and stews, as well as baby and pet foods. A well known dish is carrots julienne. Grated carrots are used in carrot cakes, as well as carrot puddings, an old English dish thought to have originated in the early 19th century. The greens are edible as a leaf vegetable, but are rarely eaten by humans. Together with onionand celery, carrots are one of the primary vegetables used in a mirepoix to make variousbroths.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

www.vocaroo.com

Record your voice there and I'll tell you the truth.

You can read a section on carrots for me if you can't think of anything else.

Carrots can be eaten in a variety of ways. Only 3% of the β-carotene in raw carrots is released during digestion: this can be improved to 39% by pulping, cooking and adding cooking oil.[2]Alternatively they may be chopped and boiled, fried or steamed, and cooked in soups and stews, as well as baby and pet foods. A well known dish is carrots julienne. Grated carrots are used in carrot cakes, as well as carrot puddings, an old English dish thought to have originated in the early 19th century. The greens are edible as a leaf vegetable, but are rarely eaten by humans. Together with onionand celery, carrots are one of the primary vegetables used in a mirepoix to make variousbroths.

I'd do that if I had a mic. If this topic is still active by the time I decide to get one, I'll probably do this. Thanks though :razz:

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

From most people I've talked to about it, like 90% of the people that think they have a stutter actually don't. At least not from what I can tell. However there are two people I know that have horrible stutters and it drives me insane XD

wl7w9j.png

I have a very good friend who has quite a bad stutter, he can't go a sentence without having to stop for a few seconds while trying to say a word. It is noticeable but no one really cares.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I always notice stuttering, lisps, etc. If it was a friend I talk to often, I'd probably stop noticing it after a while, but otherwise I'd notice it right away.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Guest Rob

I stutter very often at times. When I have time to think my sentence out carefully, I usually won't. I sometimes get stuck on words, then have to just kind of stop talking and reset, (less than a second to do that) and keep talking again. I've been improving; when I was younger, my stutter was terrible.

I usually only notice because my brother stuttered a lot when he was younger, and we had to be careful to not interrupt him when he had a bad fit of it. I don't think most people notice though, or if they do they really couldn't care less.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

My best friend has a bad stutter. We give him [cabbage] for it sometimes but it's not a big deal. If people say they don't notice yours I wouldn't even worry about it.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

If you have a serious clinical speech impediment, people will probably notice. If you talk through it though it's not really an issue; people are generally very understanding/don't think much of it as an problem. Just don't stop talking because of your stutter, that's letting it get the better of you and people will notice that even more than the stutter itself..

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Guest Rob

What I usually do is just talk normally, have a minor stutter on one word, and then that slowly builds up until I pause and take a breath. So sort of like:

Hey, how was your day? Mine was good. I had to b-build s-s-something for con-con-con-con-con-con *pause* construction class"

Eventually I just hit a point when I can't even finish my word, so I just pause, and go a bit slower.

Words with hard C's, N's or T's usually make me stutter (like the word "stutter). So words like construction, structure, contraption do that for me.

I don't think I've ever been friends with anyone who has a stutter, but that's not for discriminatory reasons. I guess if I did meet someone with a stuttter I'd notice but it'd seem a pretty daft thing to judge them on so I'd probably just ignore it.

I tend to butt in to people's sentences in everyday life during pauses when they can't think of the right word so I'd probably just do the same here. Dunno if that would do any harm or not but that would be my normal response.

I stutter occasionally. It's mostly on words that begin with 'W' or 'H', which makes asking questions a bit of a pain.

My current housemates, before they knew me that well didn't even notice it.

My stutter is odd though. It never really occurs when I'm nervous. When I'm nervous, I talk fast, and that seems to beat it (doesn't give me time to think about it, causing me to stutter). When I'm not nervous and with a friend, it doesn't really happen.

And yes, I notice it. I don't worry about it, and it's never stopped me talking to people. I don't come across nervous when it happens, so people just accept that it's something I have. I do notice stutters, impediments, lisps etc however. Notice but not mention, which is the key part. Nothing worse than making a person trying to talk you nervous.

I notice it when people stutter. I admit, it depends on the severity. I'm not someone to call someone out on it though.

I'm not sure if I do though. I sometimes do the occasional 'uh' pauses once in a while if I'm trying to explain something out of memory.

j0xPu5R.png

It is incredibly annoying to me when people make a jab at me about it, malicious or not. It makes me notice my own stutter, then puts me out of place, making me feel nervous and more likely to screw up. It's not something I can control.

I would never do the same to anyone else, for the same reason.

Depends on the severity, sometimes I'll notice and other times I won't. I used to have a nurse who had a very bad stutter which was very noticeable, but other friends with a slight one which took me a while to take notice of.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I used to have a very hardcore stutter, I want to therapy and it got better in certain situations. When I'm with my friends I stutter really bad, but when I'm giving a speech / public talking I sound perfectly normal. It really sucks. My parents think it's from all the mountain dew I drink...

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

I don't know anyone who stutters in regular conversation, but it seems like one of the things I'd notice just because I do speech and that's taught me to notice those things.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off