All the updates that we'll ever need?

Bloodveld

Well I was playing runescape the other day and I started wondering what the new update would be when I realized something: there were no more updates that I truly wanted.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the random quest here and there, but is there an update that we truly need?

We have barrows for the high levels, tons of different ways to make money, whips, cw, ect. What else do we need?

Now about the "barrows for high levels" thing, I know I'm going to be flamed for this, but wait a sec: you are probably thinking "We need some lvl 80 armor" or something to that effect, but do we really? If we do get lvl 80 armor, then we would also need lvl 90 armor, and then people would want lvl 99 armor too, then maybe skill armor that takes lvl 99 of some skill, but do we really need this? People always complain that rs is too money-based, and adding stronger and higher-leveled armor won't help this problem.

What do you think? Put "~fish~" after every post to show that you've read all of this ;)

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

I think you are right and that jagex is going a bit overboard with the weekly updates. Updating weekly creates expectations that can't be lived up to since it takes more then a week to make an update. Now all that I see is people crying "booh another crappy update, go jagex!". I think they should keep updating and the fact that we can't think of anything left to update doesn't mean the jagex team can't come up with anything original, but they should do the updates on random times, not every Monday, around 1pm London time.

EDIT: ~fish~ (lol)

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

Of course we need more updates, we don't have enough spells. Hell, currently the highest spell is 94. I want a 103 spell that either does massive damage or teleports me to a very difficult to access area.

They could also expand the non-combat aspect of magic even further.

I'm assuming you haven't beat every quest yet. When you get to a high level have pretty much full drag or some 99 skills. The updates are the only thing that keeps a lot of people playing.

cyco_1.jpg

I think a higher level agility course needs to be added. The highest course requires only 52. Thats like the lowest top skill required to train the skill as best as you can.

Sorry that its hard to understand, I don't know how else to put it.

~fish~ even though its obvious peopel posting here would have read your post, and since your title is your question, thats all they would have had to read anyway to answer it.

Lagatag.png

I think a higher level agility course needs to be added. The highest course requires only 52. Thats like the lowest top skill required to train the skill as best as you can.

The werewolf course needs 60 agility.

asrhasrh.jpg

there will be always crying peopel who thinks that either melee range or mage doesn't have enough stuff or are underpowered. i enjoy every update, even tho some i can't use yet. well some agility course would be nice, but we have bunch of shortcuts that needs high lvl of agility, and if theymake agility easy training, then shortcuts will kinda loose it's point, since most ppl would use them instead initial travel.

PS. highest course is werewolfes with lvl 60 entrance.

only thing i don't liek is hidden updates. doesn't jagex don't ahve balls to publish them too. it would live so much better, even they screw usual training :)

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

They never came out with Player Owned Houses even though they said they would before the year ended...Silly Jagex

they never said that they would for sure. They said they might by year's end, never actually said that they would. And they have said they it is in progress. So they are realeasing them, just when is the realy question.

casketwl7.png

Sig Under Construction

Current Goals: FIshing 91/99 Cooking 93/99

They never came out with Player Owned Houses even though they said they would before the year ended...Silly Jagex

they never said that they would for sure. They said they might by year's end, never actually said that they would. And they have said they it is in progress. So they are realeasing them, just when is the realy question.

Well, you're right, only when is the question. They are going release it at one time in the future. But here's the problem: 3 or 4 years ago, Jagex told us that they were going to release carpentry, and at one point, even added it to the skill bar(carpentry wasnt out though). Last year, or 2 or 3 years after carpentry was added and taken off from the skill bar, they said that they would try to release carpentry. Maybe now, we might have to wait 2 more years. Question.

mercedesmanipulationn1cj8.png

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

Nothing I really want either. Fish. Maybe some higher skill based armor (say some robes that require 80 agility to get) that doesn't really cost anything, say almost like the legends cape.. it doesn't cost much yet it shows what you've done.

Of course we need more updates, we don't have enough spells. Hell, currently the highest spell is 94. I want a 103 spell that either does massive damage or teleports me to a very difficult to access area.

They could also expand the non-combat aspect of magic even further.

Well actually the highest lvl spell is 96 its a tele

I would love for jagex to release better armor than barrows that doesn't degrade with a high def lvl to use... It gives those who trained their respected skills that high an incentive to having it.. I don't know i guess thats just me..

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

only thing i don't liek is hidden updates. doesn't jagex don't ahve balls to publish them too. it would live so much better, even they screw usual training :)

I think that they are rather bug fixes, or balance issues that the 'hidden updates' are. And what do you mean, Jagex don't have the 'balls' to publish them? They can do what they want, it IS their game. What do they have to be afraid of?? 12 year olds with big mouths?

Updates are nice. Not everyone likes every update so a wide range of different things give us all something to do.

I personally think they once a quarter they should revisit and revamp some things which have proven to be very unpopular over the past year. Integrating newer skills or simply rethinking poor gameplay design.

Such as Miscellania. The payout is so bad no one goes back there after they get burnt receiving 4k worth of goods after paying out 15k to the dam people. Not to meantion no exp for assisting them in their toil. The answer may not be higher payouts, maybe just further interaction with your people.

On the same note though I think they did a good job at adding shortcuts all over rs getting more use out of the agility skill.

well they need to make an update that will make ppl want to go to wily like a dragon with new hides and bones. This willl keep alot of ppl happy for some time because they can pk them and other ppl because they can make money.

Would like to see an agilty course for higher levels too (maybe a 75 or 80 level course), sooooo bored of running around in circles at the wildy one :wink:

Also would like to see a mining update, keldagrim is pretty cool if you want to mine gold, but would like to see a new ore or something. Maybe a dragon ore!!! *runs off dreaming again*