Just a question

baalboy5

Is it a legit reason to not come out to your parents/friends because being gay/bi is a personal thing?

I believe it a good reason, but might just be an excuse to hide personal fears.

what you think?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I'd say that whatever reason you can come up with to not come out is "legit". If a person doesn't want to let people know about that part of his/her life then there's no reason they should feel pressurised to.

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

The way I see it, there's no reason to come out until it actually starts to affect them. Like if you start dating people who are the same gender. There's no reason to make it any harder than it needs to be.

j0xPu5R.png

It really depends on the people your coming out to.. And only you can truly know them, however and I know it's a cliché but I'm sure you'll feel more comfortable after coming out after all there is only so long it can remain secret unless you plan on completely severing contact or remaining celebat (sp) throughout your life..

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

You don't have to tell anyone anything about yourself. If you want certain people to know, then tell them. I have some gay friends, and they haven't come out to their parents because they are scared of how they would react (their parents are relatively strict and traditional). No-one should have to hide who they are though.

If it doesn't affect other people, they have no right to know.

I'd say such a person might consider telling people close to them so it 'cushions' the impact though. Even if they're not homophobic it might come as a slight shock that would need getting used to.

Fear is understandable, but hiding a fact about one's self is being ashamed of one's own being. I'd think one's own rejection of themselves is a scarier occurrence then others rejecting them, so a fact about one's self should not be hidden because they're afraid of what another might think. That goes for anything in life, including sexual orientation. So one doesn't necessarily have to say their orientation, but they should be ready to defend it lest it incur verbal criticism.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I see it more as strategical than cowardly to keep it under the radar, with how discriminative our society is. But if people have a strong suspicious about your sexuality and you lie about being straight, it might come off as if you're ashamed.

Is sex an important part of your life?

Yes: Don't be ashamed of revealing it if they ask. Go with the flow.

No: Who cares.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Whatever we may say about not being ashamed, in the end it is entirely up to you and is no one else's business. If you WANT to tell them - go right ahead. If not - don't. No harm done.

PM me for fitocracy invite

I mean.

kind of what @Giordano said, but like, being gay is a very important part of me, but I've still only come out to my family and four other people. I'm just a private person in that regard. If people ask me if I'm gay I'll say yes. I ain't gonna broadcast it. Just, don't come out until you realize the consequences.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Well I guess it depends, if you're refraining from telling your friends/family because you don't want to admit it to yourself then that's a bad thing. However if you think that it's a personal matter and you want to keep it to yourself that's fine. Also you may want to wait before revealing it to your friends/family if they have some problem with a person being gay.

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense