Tip.It Times: Five year Runescape anniversary!

Eeeeediot

well now i think about it, i started in the first half of '02, when a new guy at school showed me it. as soon as he showed me the basic idea and what happened and stuff i was fasinated. I swear i didnt take my mind fully of the game for 3 days! i used to love sitting there in his room watching him play the game, even though i wasent playing!

You should have seen it the day i first played, he helped me make my own character (called f-11_server, i will never forget that name, ever!!!) and as soon as i had the chance to finish the tutorial i was amazed! It was the greatest day of my life in the way of runescape.

when my friend finnaly sold enough coal certs to get full rune, i was, well, i dunno what i was! Not only that, he sold it a month later to buy himself full addy, and get me full mith! nowdays you would never find a friend on that game that was willing to sell the best thing they has ever acheived on the game to help you out! infact you wouldent find anyone anywhere!

those days where great! absulutly great, antill i got hacked. i remember the last time i really played on the account, i was standing in dranor killing the black knight that spawns south of the bank while my friend was certing more coal. there was this guy there taht wanted to kill the knight to, and i think that was the first time i had actually had a argument on the game! In several months of playing i had not had 1 argument, imagine that! after a littlw while or anoying each other, trying to get the knight for myself, i had to go and logged out. the next time i logged in i was in varock east bank, with no amour, no weapon, and a bank worth 30gp. Even to this day i think taht guy i had a argument about the black knight with hacked my account, but i cant be certain. My friend and bro had been hacked to, just before christmas! :-(

I quit the agme for a while after that, and evetually me and my friend came back, thats when i made the account i ahve now (well actually my friend did, thank him for the great name! No number, and its origional!).

Ive made it to 86 combat now. if i hadent of got hacked, or quit at anytime, i could easy see me a lvl 100. thats just to bad :-(, i think that i lost all that over a who kills a black knight. a measly black knight. thats all i think it took, but then again, i could be wrong!

the gowers had made a master peice, but it was ruined by todays modern ways. everyone wants to be the best, and honestly, i dont care if im lvl 30 or 40 or something like i was when i was hacked, i just want that good friendly feel back in the game!

i did know the password to my old hacked account, but when i quit, i forgot, so now i cant even get on to see what i aceived in the good old days. :-(

Runescape it quite a sad thing, but thats with all good things. they have to come and go.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i've been playing RS for quite a while, over 4 years i rekon maybe close to 5? When i first started there was only 2 worlds, and you could only have 1250 per world. So only 2500 could play RS at the same time. I distincly remember typing in my name and password and spending 30mins sitting there just pressing enter non-stop waiting for a space in the world. I started just after they introduced the wildy, they hadn't even changed the old guide which talked about choosing between being a monster killer or a player killer. I'm fairly sure there was no such thing as an R2H when i started as no1 had that level. But i distinctly remember the day Bluerose13x got 99 smithing. it was big, everyone was talking about it, such was the sense of community. But all this is old skool, *sniff* i love reminiscing.

Ah... good times... I see you also are a pre-level 100 old schooler, :D we rule :P

Wow, so this version of runecape is 5 years old? I remeber back to old days when i played Runescape (RSC to you young people), when we could powermine, or laugh at our characters lack of knees (that kept me laughing for awhile...). By November '05 I've reached my ~4.25 year anniversary of playing runescape, which ive played since 2001*. The funny thing is i only became a member last year :lol: . If anybody wants to chat, or hear my ramblings in person, pm my character "Shawn Stern", i hang aroungs worlds 64 and 65... :wink:...

*Srry people, i zoned out when i said ive been playing since '98, when the game came out in 2001. I started playing around november '01...

the last tip suggests that cosmics are 225-250ea now.

In reality too many ppl have been using this tip in the first few days + the fact that xp for enchanting was reduced by 25% (in the enchantment chamber), so prices of cosmics have dropped to 150-200ea.

(watch the official forum and seek for cosmics, most ppl are selling them)

larsie538.png

i noticed that is said people with 59 rcing had a good way to make money

u can craft cosmics at lvl 27 i think, so you might wat to fix that

(oh, unless that is the lvl when u get 2 cosmics per rune essence)

Any fool can write a rule, but any fool will mind it

--Thoreau

daskos99.png

Flickr

i also remember the old rs© playing away on my friends computer when he was working and yes the fatigue coming in is when i stopped it was soooo annoying , but with the advent of broadband the game had to improve , do you remember that only one person could talk to a npc at any one time so you could be queued up to start a quest lol

wanna shoot my self for not discovering rs til early 05.

i got a question tho...

how did all the origional players find rs?

i know idiscovered it thorough some one on habbo hotel (terrible game) offering to sell their account (most likely a scam *sigh*)

was it advertised any where, etc?

not very proud to be an Rs2 product...

The great NOOB-TIONARY has Return-ed!

hara's fight for lvl 85 mining currently at 70!

on the pic that shows the player getting 85 mining, if u look 2 spots under mining u can see the skill "carpentry"..? but yet carpentry hasnt been realesed, and just to see if this was something only in classic that is dif or sumthing i went on classic and the skill wasnt there...? can some1 expain why it says carpentry in that pic? plz

70+ all skills. 17/24 skills 75+

i read the post about how it used to be in rs and got to thinking and remembered the sabre wars and was asking around and come to find no one knows or remebers about those great time of clans and clan wars in the wild wich brought me here the only place i know and feel i can be heard, can anyone help me in bringing this up to the good people who use tip it that way they know runescape is not about getting the extra extra rare party hat or what ever meaningless item drives them to play rs

well actually, its well known in many *true* pro-carpenter circles (basically all the people that made, bumped, and maintained Carpentry threads, not like all the people who post once on the sticky now) that carpentry "came" out in RSC, but everyone was level 1, and there was no way to raise it. A bit later it got deleted. Ever since Jagex has been promising it to us. Oh well....

Hmm any1 no any good games liek the good ol days of RS? well actually i shouldn't be asking this.... you wouldn't be playing...

I think Jagex is just trying to get RS to last as long as possible... Hence why J-mods don't really seem to have any personality, there updates could just as easily be written by a computer, and why they have the Jagex shop... All to last as long as possible, as "best" as possible, and so they can milk the most money from us

And yes sadly i only joined August '04... Another product of comercialization, as i foudn RuneScape from miniclip... Miniclip made it seem like wat ive heard RSC was like...

Oh well... I'm off to train a bit on RSC...

And sadly, Jagex is now censoring Tip.it and tip it, but not tip dot it

91 RC!!! #332 to get it!

"D'you wear a black armband

When they shot the man

Who said 'Peace could last forever'" Guns N' Roses

P.S. don't try to hide who that person is who got 85 mining, lol :wink:
All the pink just gives it away heh. Although you can actually deduce the first letter of the name anyway :)

i started in the first half of '02

You should have seen it the day i first played, he helped me make my own character (called f-11_server, i will never forget that name, ever!!!) and as soon as i had the chance to finish the tutorial i was amazed!
What tutorial? Back in those days you just logged in and had to fend for yourself.

I can't wait to see the person who disputes this release date :P

By November '05 I've reached my 7 year anniversary of playing runescape, which ive played since 1998.
:roll:

i got a question tho...

how did all the origional players find rs? i know idiscovered it thorough some one on habbo hotel (terrible game) offering to sell their account (most likely a scam *sigh*) was it advertised any where, etc?

Just through word of mouth.

Wow, something I didn't realize until i read this article is I started playing this game only around 8 months after it started. It had already gotten so complex by the time i started playing that I had thought it had been going on for years. Amazing.

I remember when i joined and the sabre clan was on the rise,

every SINGLE PERSON asked me if they could join the sabres. That right there made me wish that i could change my name.

I also remember when you couldnt tell your combat level unless you were a "player killler" so everyone who was would get pestered by everyone else to tell them what their own combat was.

Ah... good times... I see you also are a pre-level 100 old schooler, :D we rule :P

So I'm an old-schooler?

I started in Spring '03, but didn't play frequenly until Summer when I got regular access to a PC. There were few updates for the first several months I played as RS2 was in development, but I had fun playing the quests that were already uploaded.

I still have some of the old friends I made in RS Classic, and a few new ones. There are a few things I miss, but plenty of new things to experience.

I met some great guys on RS Classic. Now it's impossible to really get to know anyone unless you help them out in a big way or always use the same world. I remember when they first introduced RS2 you could still play classic if you liked, even if you were a free player. But now it appears to be P2P only :(. The Runecrafting quest was the first free quest in ages, I remember that, and I was really happy! That's the first thing that was in RS2 but not classic.

My best memory of RS2 was in the holidays mining down in Varrock chasm mine with another Brit who wasn't at school. It used to be really quiet, but now everyone is competing to get the best they can be. The distances are longer and the music is good, but RS Classic didn't make my computer drag like RS2 does. :(

Fatigue was a faliure, that's for sure.

I helped on the Black Knight's Fortress Quest Guide. Stop messaging me in game! All I did was say BKs are lvl 33, not 31!

All skills to level 30!