Goth, 14, In plot to kill his Family

Atticux

WOW, just proves how far stereotypes have gone these days. I'm friends with plenty of goth people but none of them have any phsycological problems and they are some of the most intelligent people I've ever met. You people just don't think.

O rly?

Well you are also emo.

So your post = nothing.

My stereotypes have never been prooven wrong before.

Um ... I don't think he was directing that at you.

I'm fully aware.

Thanks though.

Ownt, anyways. I think goths are freaking sad people, wanting attention all that stuff. I have friends that are emo, they have all their arms cut and [cabbage]. That stuff makes me hate them.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think him being goth has plenty to do with the subject, but not as to why he killed his family. Most goth's either A) Have something wrong with their head (very few) or B) Are just whiners/fakers who want attention.

I'm not saying all goths plot to kill their families, of course.

And I agree. It was the video games. :wink: :lol:

So whenever a murder occurs or some catostrophe happens, we shoud say "Oh they were Goth," and poof the boo boo is all better. It all make sense now that he is Goth. Maybe 2% of Goths have sucidal/homicidal thoughts, how many act on those thoughts? Probably about .01% in my sophomore year of high school, we had 4 kids actually commit suicide and 2 others that attempted it. None of them were Gothic. Don't put the blame on his clothing and music he listens to, put the blame on where all this may have started; his home.

I think him being goth has plenty to do with the subject, but not as to why he killed his family. Most goth's either A) Have something wrong with their head (very few) or B) Are just whiners/fakers who want attention.

So whenever a murder occurs or some catostrophe happens, we shoud say "Oh they were Goth," and poof the boo boo is all better. It all make sense now that he is Goth. Maybe 2% of Goths have sucidal/homicidal thoughts, how many act on those thoughts? Probably about .01% in my sophomore year of high school, we had 4 kids actually commit suicide and 2 others that attempted it. None of them were Gothic. Don't put the blame on his clothing and music he listens to, put the blame on where all this may have started; his home.

Hurricane Katrina you depressed gothic punk!

This is the worst and most unintelligent stereotype I think I have ever heard in my life.

This is the worst and most unintelligent stereotype I think I have ever heard in my life.

Nah, it's definitely legit.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

By the way, none of you should listen to this kid. He's the kind of person that hates and ridicules others who are different than he is.

By the way, none of you should listen to this kid. He's the kind of person that hates and ridicules others who are different than he is.

Nah just you.

But you listen to FFTL so it's okay, "Mr. SHUT THE F*CK UP I HAVE MORE GFS THAN U LOL!!!1!!11"

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Anything to back this up with other than bold print?

Anything to back this up with other than bold print?

now its deffinitly legit. :oops:

Being "Goth" didn't make him do this, the kids just sick in the head. [/i]

Nah just you.

But you listen to FFTL so it's okay, "Mr. SHUT THE F*CK UP I HAVE MORE GFS THAN U LOL!!!1!!11"

What does the type of music I listen to have to do with this. Are you just completely stupid or just born yesterday? And wow how clever was that gf comment, too bad I've been with the same girl for 4 years, so you don't make a lot of sense.

Nah just you.

What does the type of music I listen to have to do with this.

Just to play devil's advocate, but doesn't the content of the music you listen to preach the worship of Satan, hatred for your father, and rebellious behavior in general?

Nah just you.

What does the type of music I listen to have to do with this. Are you just completely stupid or just born yesterday? And wow how clever was that gf comment, too bad I've been with the same girl for 4 years, so you don't make a lot of sense.

Thank you for prooving my point by defending yours.

Thanks Nad, Too bad "definittley is not a word. Didn't think I need to defend my point since it's pretty obvious.

What do you mean do I have proof? Of course I don't have tangible proof with me at this very moment, but look around. Loads of "Gothic/Death Metal" music is about killing people, and death. Just look up lyrics to Cannibal Corpse and Mortitan, and then argue with me.

Plus, I never said that this is the only reason. I said it most definitely has something to do with it.

Nah just you.

Thank you for prooving my point by defending yours.

Thanks Nad, Too bad "definittley is not a word. Didn't think I need to defend my point since it's pretty obvious.

What do you mean do I have proof? Of course I don't have tangible proof with me at this very moment, but look around. Loads of "Gothic/Death Metal" music is about killing people, and death. Just look up lyrics to Cannibal Corpse and Mortitan, and then argue with me.

Plus, I never said that this is the only reason. I said it most definitely has something to do with it.

That's just one song by one death metal band - who are hardly representive of the whole portion of the death/black metal scene. Goths don't necessarily listen to death or black metal; it's hardly a prequisite. More often then not, they listen to goth rock, post-punk, metal and industrial. There were no specifications about this kid's music taste. And there are way more death metal bands who don't take themselves that seriously. Just look at the Devildriver video for "Hold Back The Day".

Music doesn't kill people. People kill people.

Exactly.

All the ignorant people in this thread saying "omg the music made him do it" are no worse than the politicians and clueless parents who blame murders and theft on video games/movies.

For the record, i know and interact with plenty of people who might be considered 'gothic', as well as plenty of people who are 'emo', and they're no different than anyone else if you're not so narrowminded that you can't see past the clothes they're wearing.

This kid didn't kill his parents because he was a goth, he killed them because he's a [bleep]ing fruit loop. He just happens to wear dark clothing and, surprise surprise, people jump right on the bandwagon of "all goths are homicidal/suicidal maniacs". Idiots.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

"all goths are homicidal/suicidal maniacs". Idiots.

Oh, well I don't think that at all. Just that it has something to do with it.

ATL, I just named two bands. Look up every song by both of those bands. I know there are others, so don't say "that's just one song by one band"

For the record, i know and interact with plenty of people who might be considered 'gothic', as well as plenty of people who are 'emo', and they're no different than anyone else if you're not so narrowminded that you can't see past the clothes they're wearing.

But your friends are probably a bit more mature and know how to handle things better than a fragile 14 year old who wants to belong somewhere. Of course the kid did it, but the 'scene' has been an influence. I think.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

ATL, I just named two bands. Look up every song by both of those bands. I know there are others, so don't say "that's just one song by one band"

Not necessarily. I listen to metal all the time, my movie collection is dominated by violent, twisted material, i play games that promote killing, stealing and severe violence, yet i've never been involved in any fights or crime in my life.

People like this are screwed up to begin with, being into metal or dressing a certain way didn't have anything to do with it.

But your friends are probably a bit more mature and know how to handle things better than a fragile 14 year old who wants to belong somewhere. Of course the kid did it, but the 'scene' has been an influence. I think.

Possibly, but if it wasn't the gothic scene it would be another one. Like i said, people like that are gone in the head, if he'd chosen another "scene" he might have killed his family in the name of the pink fluffy bunnies from the planet happy - the point i'm making is that the outside factors (music, in this case) are null and void when the person being "affected" is obviously a crackpot anyway.

You have bands like that in every genre. Look at GG Allin - he made punk and was more screwed up then 90% of all this "Satanic devil music". I'm sure it's the same in pop, hip hop, rap, indie and every other style of music under the sun

Did you ever think it's maybe the other way around? Maybe people turn to that music because they are messed up; maybe that music helps them because they feel they can relate to it and because it describes their situations. Maybe that wasn't enough for this kid and he was pushed over the edge. How do we even know he listened to the stereotypical goth music? He could've listened to Reel Big Fish and From Autumn To Ashes, or maybe he listened to N*SYNC. We can't just immediately label it like that.

Exactly, listen to 50 Cent, he raps about killing people, but I don't think people have ever gone out and killed someone because of his lyrics, Insane Clown Posse is one of the most messed up groups I think I've ever heard, but people don't kill because of their lyrics. This kid had problems, that's all, nothing to do with his clothes/style, or his music.

In my own opion I believe goth's are insane. Who in their right mind would be into all this self mutilation, and being in a depressed state of mind all day.

Well here comes the flames.

ugh well self mutilation and depression/angst are more of an emo thing than a goth thing. i doubt