It's Super Effective!

C'mon Cow, buck up.

XnL5DV0.jpg

• Like 2

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I like many religions for many reasons

I just don't know which I 'believe' in.

In general I find the premise of a benevolent greater being, or some form of pleasant conscious afterlife, comforting.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

you're one of those countryy girllss who love mudddinggg and fou by fouringgg and ya daddy has a big ol' shotgun and you loveee being christian right??!

[huge image link]

nice going

I think my favourite religion at the moment would have to be Judaism or Sikhi. The former is the basis of all Abrahamic religions with their fascinating mythology, and the latter really seems genuinely benevolent while maintaining a pragmatism that otherwise seems terribly uncommon.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Choosing a religion based off of its values seems kind of stupid. You pick it based on its probability of being correct. It's like [rooster] fighting. You don't pick the rooster with the prettiest feathers, you pick the one that you think will win.

• Like 2

But prettier feathers mean it doesn't get hurt as much, ergo more chance of winning. :)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

>at a party

>posting to ise

not having a good time :/

I used to be a catholic because irish

Huh.

No offence, but Catholicism kind of puts me off. Talk about legalistic. :>

Well yea its a turn off for me. Usually because it precedes frustrating political views on abortioning and rights for lgbt's. And (stereotype that I shouldn't believe but notice a lot) catholic girls go really rebelliously wild.

Not offended at all. None of my family is religious anymore. It was a cultural thing at the time. Its kinda hard to not be catholic if everyone else around you was. The only part I would be offended by is that, peoples religions shouldn't be a turn on or turn off, they should be something you do for yourself. If that makes sense.

• Like 1

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Do you blame mother nature for things if you're monotheistic?

I think we can safely agree that of the many people in the world who are monotheistic, we/they have all blamed mother nature for something.

All_My_Love.png Bun_Dem.png

max.png 50.png

>at a party

>posting to ise

not having a good time :/

I used to be a catholic because irish

Huh.

No offence, but Catholicism kind of puts me off. Talk about legalistic. :>

Well yea its a turn off for me. Usually because it precedes frustrating political views on abortioning and rights for lgbt's. And (stereotype that I shouldn't believe but notice a lot) catholic girls go really rebelliously wild.

Not offended at all. None of my family is religious anymore. It was a cultural thing at the time. Its kinda hard to not be catholic if everyone else around you was. The only part I would be offended by is that, peoples religions shouldn't be a turn on or turn off, they should be something you do for yourself. If that makes sense.

I agree entirely.

Personally, I am Christian, and probably align most of my beliefs with the Presbyterian church doctrine (but I would also say I tend to lean more towards nondenominational). However, As much as religion is about the beliefs, etc. being a Christian, I personally think that how we percieve "christian doctrine" is wrong. Even you guys were saying that choosing a religion is like choosing which is going to "win" for lack of a better explanation.

I think that the way that the church views Christianity now adays is the root cause of this - in that, everyone thinks one doctrine has to be solely correct or blah blah. But that's ridiculous, people in a Chinese culture are not going to perceive what the Bible says in the same way that people in southern Georgia are going to perceive what the Bible says.

So, personally, I believe that outside of the core ultimate truths that the Bible has given us (Jesus Christ died for us, He is man, Son, God, and Holy Spirit, there was a beginning to this world, God is eternal, etc etc (I probably sound like a crazy right now to people who are unreligious, but whatever)) we cannot fully determine what the Bible is trying to communicate to anyone person. Probably rambling but yeah.

Call me crazy, but not gonna lie, having a relationship with Jesus is cool.

EDIT: Also, if any of you guys are ever curious about an interesting book to read about religion/similar to how I view my religion, read Blue Like Jazz. It's quite good.

/tangent

• Like 1

you could do what I do about religion, and consider yourself an independent Christian

because aint no guy in fancy robes gonna tell me how i should think about god, or how i should interpret a book. i can do that myself, and i will do it myself, and if you are going to preach to me about what you think is right dont expect me to follow you entirely, because you arent perfect either.

institutionalized religions, in my opinion, always pervert religions true intent (you can see it being used to justify things like the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, and suicide bombing/terrorism (not necessarily talking about Islam, but Shintoism as well as other religions were used to justify such attacks), and im not generalizing about certain religions, but im saying that there are always people who will use their religion as justification of questionable/immoral actions). practice religion by yourself, which i believe is the way it was always intended to be practiced, and itll be the most pure

you could do what I do about religion, and consider yourself an independent Christian

because aint no guy in fancy robes gonna tell me how i should think about god, or how i should interpret a book. i can do that myself, and i will do it myself, and if you are going to preach to me about what you think is right dont expect me to follow you entirely, because you arent perfect either.

institutionalized religions, in my opinion, always pervert religions true intent (you can see it being used to justify things like the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, and suicide bombing/terrorism (not necessarily talking about Islam, but Shintoism as well as other religions were used to justify such attacks), and im not generalizing about certain religions, but im saying that there are always people who will use their religion as justification of questionable/immoral actions). practice religion by yourself, which i believe is the way it was always intended to be practiced, and itll be the most pure

I agree and disagree.

I think the blame of selfish intentions like hurting others etc is very often put on religion, and about how one should interpret how God is working in their life on a personal level. However, I also think religion should have community for a reason. Especially in respects to my personal faith, in the Bible, God is a trinity, He is in Himself a community, and thus I feel there is certainly an aspect of relgion that one can gain from being community with others.

I agree and disagree.

I think the blame of selfish intentions like hurting others etc is very often put on religion, and about how one should interpret how God is working in their life on a personal level. However, I also think religion should have community for a reason. Especially in respects to my personal faith, in the Bible, God is a trinity, He is in Himself a community, and thus I feel there is certainly an aspect of relgion that one can gain from being community with others.

well of course. its human nature to be social anyways. I agree and if i didnt feel that way i doubt id be talking about this with you guys now

but theres a difference between a community and a following

its about keeping open eyes, ears, and minds. thats the main reason i dislike organized religion, because it tends to close off those very things i feel are paramount. a community is not necessarily a bunch of people who believe the same set of beliefs because a higher official taught them that way.

*applause*

That moment when Zaaps is even more awesome then I originally thought. Hehe.

But really, people nees to realize this in the Christian community. Also that other "schools of thought" for lack of a better word, should be contemplated as well (Platonian Theory anyone??).

I keep forgetting Zaaps can get very insightful when he wants to be. His rant on the American School system over a year ago was almost forgotten in my head.

He's a master of obfuscating silliness.

You've all inspired me to delve into the nature of religions more, I think I'll find time to go to the Unitarian Universalist Church nearby sometime this summer. There are a lot of Jewish people who go there as well, they might be able to teach me more about Judaism in particular, and I'm sure I'll be able to learn about a bunch of other religions and philosophies.

My only problem is that my entire mother's side of the family (barring my mother) are hard-ball conservative fundamentalist Christians, and I'm afraid of being alienated.

Also Zaaps you're cool

RIP Dawngate ;-;