Will 5k autoer In Runescape 2 be banned next? Told you so!!

Biabf

Well as you might of see jagex have posted this on their homepage

12 January 2006 - Nearly 5000 RS-classic accounts banned Next

As regular classic players will know the classic game was being seriously spoilt by players breaking rule 7. We won't let cheats spoil our games, so we are currently permanently banning nearly 5000 accounts which our system has flagged as using macro software in breach of our rules. RS-classic will be brought back online once that operation is complete.

We recommend all players make sure they are aware of our rules, which are there to keep the game enjoyable for our millions of players. We simply won't let a small minority spoil the game for everyone else. If you don't know the rules already then please make sure you Read them here!

As you know our focus these days is on the main RuneScape game which is far more advanced than RS-classic. The main reason we are keeping RS-classic online at all is to support some of our loyal players who have been with us for years and want to play the old version of the game they are used to. We've therefore decided the best way to stop the cheats just creating new accounts to cause trouble in RS-classic all over again, whilst still supporting the loyal players who have been playing RS-classic fairly for years, is to close RS-classic to new accounts. As such only accounts which have played RS-classic at least once since it went members only on August 3rd 2005 will be able to do so from now on. That's over 6 months ago so easily covers all the people who are actually still actively playing it. This allows the long-term players of RS-classic to continue playing, whilst keeping out the cheats trying to spoil it.

The latest and greatest version of RuneScape - which 99% of our players use - of course remains open to everyone (except rule breakers). It has much better anti-cheat technology and we will also be taking a strong stance against rule-breakers in the current version of the game, but without the need to restrict account signups.

Do you think they may ban tons of Runescape 2 autoers? Comments please?

I feel they shouldnt ban 5k they should ban 15k autoers...

sig5235ro7.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh* why dont you go out and find them while working on COH
do you mean Player Owned Houses?

Id rather have the cheaters in RS2 banned than work being done ont he most overhyped overrated update in the history of this game.

Well as you might of see jagex have posted this on their homepage
The latest and greatest version of RuneScape - which 99% of our players use - of course remains open to everyone (except rule breakers). It has much better anti-cheat technology and we will also be taking a strong stance against rule-breakers in the current version of the game, but without the need to restrict account signups.

Do you think they may ban tons of Runescape 2 autoers? Comments please?

I feel they shouldnt ban 5k they should ban 15k autoers...

They trust their software way too much, there's autoers at seers flax field, magic trees, fishing guild and many more places on almost every server. I thought they were working on this problem but this kinda killed my hope.

Luckily I can do my own bit against autoers: teleother. Sure it's not that cheap but after tele-othering some 5 autoers to lumby I teled there myself to watch them getting stuck in a corner. That surely made my day :twisted:

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

Id rather have the cheaters in RS2 banned than work being done ont he most overhyped overrated update in the history of this game.

Agreed I would rather have a clean game than POHs

sig5235ro7.jpg

Im just hoping that some low level training spots will open up. Its not fair that macro users in full rune were training all day on chickens while my level 4 has to chase around imps everywhere.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Well, my main should be on rsc still since I log on occasionally to fun duel n such.

If they really did ban majority of the autoers...then I should be a relatively high combat on rsc (98 or 99)...especially if they are banning everyone who hasnt played in the last 6 months

On the other hand, my pure (52 combat, 76 str, 81 range) will no longer be around on rsc since I havent logged on due to not having members (pointless to have it to only play once a month...)

Then again, rsc has been members only, so even if they wreent deleting chars the havnet logged in for 6 monhts.....I still couldbt play rsc on my pure lol.

I kinda wish they would have done this, stopped sign ups....but only stopped signus, not deleted semi inactive accounts. Then they could change it from 3 members servers to something like 2 members n 3 free servers.

With majority of the autoers gone, and no change of comming back, im sure alot of people would enjoy going back on classic for some fun since you would actually be able to get things done without the autoers.

Anyways, good move on jagex, i may just go pking next week :shock:

sig1178ko.jpg

Sykoknight - 1900 skill total - 132+ combat

Fighting High Scores from late 2001 - Ranked 1894

Prayer High Scores from March 2002 - Ranked 749

Ya, I've been around too long.

I call it Clan Owned Houses, I've already posted my toughts about POH somewhere, and I believe it will be clan-related

siggyanimatoin5dt.gif

--- Since januari/februari 2001 ---

The Grand Exchange Search Extension

why do i think 5k is like, 1/10th the autoing classic community

have u not seen the classic servers rofl :oops: ... theres not even that many users all together who play classic anymore

have u not seen the classic servers rofl :oops: ... theres not even that many users all together who play classic anymore

5k is nearly everyone on Classic. I played classic for a few days a couple of weeks back, and 99% of people were autoing, and no, they were not jsut not talking, it was clear they were autoing (some guy was training on guard suspiciously for about 9-10 hours straight)

blazesigbq9.jpg

5k is nearly everyone on Classic. I played classic for a few days a couple of weeks back, and 99% of people were autoing, and no, they were not jsut not talking, it was clear they were autoing (some guy was training on guard suspiciously for about 9-10 hours straight)

thats what i mean by him saying 5k being 1/10th of autoers on classic :lol:

thats what i mean by him saying 5k being 1/10th of autoers on classic :lol:

ive play classic twice, and im lvl 3 with lvl 2 magic :D go me

London

336 players

163 players

their used to be 4 classic servers, hmm maybe members will get a couple more servers for rs2

There is still work to be done. Im still seeing combat autoers at the chickens and anywhere there is guards. There is no public chat option on RSC, so blah.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

There is no public chat option on RSC, so blah.

Block chat messages? :o

Anyways, it was about time that they reduced the servers and banned some autoers. This pretty much killed rsc, but at least I can finish my goals (1,4k total and 110cb) there without a need to fight against autoers.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I call it Clan Owned Houses, I've already posted my toughts about POH somewhere, and I believe it will be clan-related

So, sort of a Guild or Clan Halls? I guess so, but I dont see how it will work...

knkcopy.jpg