Do you tan?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you tan naturally?

• Yes
    • no
  2. 2. Do you tan artifically?

• Yes
    • No

I've read a couple of interesting articles about tanning recently. Obviously it's looked highly upon in fashion and society at large to have somewhat tanned skin. People have been tanning for years - either naturally or artificially but recently more information has come out (within the last ten years) that suggests tanning is really quite bad for you.

I've heard comparisons to tanning being the "new smoking"; something that was cool and popular until we realized it was killing us off.

Some interesting articles about tanning:

http://www.aad.org/media-resources/stats-and-facts/prevention-and-care/indoor-tanning

http://www.aad.org/skin-care-and-safety/skin-cancer-prevention/indoor-tanning

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199711133372003

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/05/27/tanning.booth.melanoma/

So really I'm just curious - do you tan(either naturally or artificially)? And, by extension - do you find tanned people more attractive?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I get a slight tan, but once I'm out in the sun for an extended period of time I burn...then peel. There's definitely a limit to how tan I can get.

My mom used to artificially tan when I was little. Now she deals with skin cancer on a regular basis. :-|

EDIT: You didn't capitalize the "n" in no for natural tanning just to bug me, right? ;-)

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Naturally all the way for me. I have slightly darker skin naturally (though I'm still white/caucasian) so I rarely burn. There's this girl at my school who uses artificial tan and it's just orange - it's absolutely hideous and actually humorous how bad it looks. Why would I want to look like that when I can sit outside instead? I'm not particularly concerned about any side effects of tanning - I know it can be quite dangerous in Australia and I know everyone down there is extremely cautious, however up here in England or in France so long as you don't sit out in the sun all day and massively burn yourself, I don't think there's lots to be worried about.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

I tan naturally. I don't think I'd be comfortable tanning artificially.

I probably should use some sort of sun screen, but I never made that a habit since I rarely burn. But this risk of skin disease may change that. I've always known about it, but I guess better safe than sorry.

I'd say I like the way I look when a bit tanned. It's better than a farmer's tan. So that explains why I tan: to get rid of this farmer's tan. I was actually thinking the other day, since it's almost gone cause I've been longboarding shirtless for a bit now, when I start running after work is finished in a few weeks, I'd start running in the early mornings in long sleeve shirts. Won't get too hot, but will also avoid those darned sleeve tans. :P

On girls, I'm more attracted to light skin. I'd say white skin with a bit of a tan is what I'm into. Not albino, but not brown. An inbetween, if you will.

So many white girls at my school tan to the point of becoming brown, and I just don't find that all too attractive, especially since half of them are orange anyway.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I tan naturally: not a fan of artifical tanning - it's... not very good looking imo. :blink:

I found a panda and then we bought malt liquor. I hold my malt liquor better than a panda.

And I thought my weekends were good. ._.

I don't tan naturally, or at least on purpose. I mean, I'll go to the beach sometimes, not to tan, but end up getting a tan there.

I don't tan naturally (purposely or accidentally). I'm part Irish so... enough said :P I don't tan artificially either. Never have, never will.

As for my preference, I don't mind a light tan on people but I really don't like anything more than that :/ Artificial tans are worse but even really dark natural tans look bad imo.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I burn, peel, and stay the exact same shade.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I tan naturally, tanning in beds is feels weird to me, I've never enjoyed it the few times I have used tanning beds. I lay out about once a week to maintain a light tan just so I'm not ghostly white or develop awful tan lines.

Tans on other people, I don't really care, some people look great with tans other people don't need them.

tFtfA.jpg

I don't go out of my way to get a tan, like sunbathing or whatever but if it's exceptionally sunny and I happen to be out for a while in it I tend to tan quite moderately. I hate the leathery look of older, really tanned people's skin. Creeps me right out.

Artificial tan is quite popular with the womenfolk over here but I'm not a fan. Guaranteed you'll see a couple of ladies on a night out resembling oompa loompas who've completely overdone the fake bake. Looks [bleep]ing ridiculous.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I don't mind if other people are tanned or not. Just so long as they aren't pale and pasty looking, or orange.

Myself? I tan easily, which is good. However, I have a mean singlet tan line from rowing now :thumbup: I prefer to be tanned though.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

A nice light to medium tan is best.

I tan quite well, though my skin is naturally quite pale. Accidentally fell asleep while outside on Monday (it was surprisingly good weather, around 26 degrees) and now I have a 'sleeve tan'. Rather annoying. It's more of a burn atm, but I've been moisturising and it hasn't peeled yet, so hopefully it'll go back into a tan.

I'm definitely not looking to turn orange though.

Is 'un-tanning' possible? Say maybe for a whole 5 months or so, you really don't see much sunlight (i.e. the winter months). Does your skin naturally fade back to a lighter color? I mean, scientifically, skin rubs off after a while or just fades away and is replaced with new skin cells (an out of the blue guess that seems to make sense...I could be totally wrong, heh).

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

My skin color is already of an Western European, but tanned. I never gave a thought on about it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

The sun causes cancer. I'd rather stay inside and play Runescape all day.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

Is 'un-tanning' possible? Say maybe for a whole 5 months or so, you really don't see much sunlight (i.e. the winter months). Does your skin naturally fade back to a lighter color? I mean, scientifically, skin rubs off after a while or just fades away and is replaced with new skin cells (an out of the blue guess that seems to make sense...I could be totally wrong, heh).

Probably depends on the person. I swing on a pendulum of pale to tan. One long day of being out in the sun and I'm tan; two weeks of no-lifing and I'm pale again.

I tan naturally just like my father, his skin goes very olive when he's in the sun, which is every day. I too spend hours in the sun each day because of of work.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I think so, it would make sense anyway, what with the skin constantly being replaced. I know I lose my tan over time. You have to lose some, otherwise you would slowly get more and more tanned.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche