Win 90 Days of RuneScape Membership and a Custom Rank! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

And The Winners Are....

The votes have been cast and our winners determined! Congratulations to:

Honourable Mentions

• [hide=Veiva]2j61c9z.png[/hide]

[hide=Ibcrootbeer]5ecr4z.png[/hide]

[hide=Cyber_soul10]tipit.png[/hide]

Second Place

• Custom forum rank

[hide=ThePie]t6rpd0.png[/hide]

First Place

• 90 days of free RuneScape membership and a custom forum rank

[hide=jjjon123][hide=1]
    panel01.png
    [/hide]
    [hide=2-3]
    panel02.png_panel03t.png
    [/hide]
    [hide=4]panel04.png
    [/hide]
    [hide=5]panel05.png
    [/hide]
    [hide=6]
    panel06.png
    [/hide]
    [hide=7]panel07.png
    [/hide]
    [hide=8]panel08.png
    [/hide]
    [hide=9]panel09.png
    [/hide]
    [hide=10]
    panel10.png[/hide][/hide]

Congratulations everyone! :thumbsup: We really enjoyed reading your comics!

jjjon123 (first place) and ThePie (second place) will be contacted via private message regarding their prizes :)

[hide=Original First Post]Win 90 Days of RuneScape Membership and a Custom Rank!

The Tip.It admin team has acquired a 90 day RuneScape membership card from GameStop and we're ready to give it to YOU! If you receive this awesome prize, not only will you have 90 days of P2P game time, but you will also be entered into a Jagex prize draw to win an all expenses paid VIP trip to RuneFest 2011! You can read more information about the prize draw in Jagex's newspost. So how can you obtain this awesome prize? Read on!

The Contest

The contest to win this prize is a comic competition! You will have to create a comic related to the Tip.It website/forum and/or the Tip.It staff. Your comic must contain both images and text. It can contain as many or as few panels as you like. The contest will be judged based on creativity and originality - not necessarily artistic talent. Here are a few general guidelines:

• The comic must relate to the Tip.It website/community or staff.
  • The comic must be your own work. You may draw inspiration from other comics but ultimately it must be your own idea.
  • You may include as many or as few panels as you like.
  • Your comic must be appropriate enough to post on the public forum (but DO NOT post it in public until the contest is over). We will not accept any comics that are offensive or inappropriate.
  • You must use a combination of images and text. You may draw your own pictures or use photo manipulations.
  • You may only submit one entry.
  • Tip.It Staff may not enter this competition, as they will be judging it. You know who you are but the staff who cannot enter include: administrators, super/global/board moderators, moderator trainees, crew members, IRC operators, and TET Leaders. If you are on the Editorial Panel or are a regular TET member you may enter.

Submission & Deadline

Submit your entry to Rank_Contest with the subject "Comic Competition." DO NOT post your entry on this thread. The deadline for submission is August 25th at 11PM GMT.

97274fc78d.png

Prizes

• First Place: 90 day RuneScape membership card and custom forum rank
  • Second Place: Custom forum rank

A forum rank is the text that appears below your avatar. Normally these ranks are associated with your post count. If you win this competition you will be able to change this rank to whatever you want (with some limitations on length and appropriateness).

Questions?

If you have any questions, please post them here! Remember, do not post your entry on this forum thread!

Good luck to all! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:[/hide]

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Are we limited to one entry?

Good question :) The answer is yes - only one entry. I've also clarified that in the first post. So take your time and make sure it's a good one! No rush!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

If I read that right, we can use random images as a part of the comic? It doesn't have to be our own drawings?

That's correct :) The only thing we would NOT like would be someone running into the RuneScape Media board and using someone's artwork from there. If you're going to use external photos/images, make sure it's something random from Google, etc. and not explicitly another person's artwork... if that makes sense.

Posted Image

I'm gonna give it a wack. I just don't want to win the Runefest trip

I'm sure that if you won the Tip.it contest and then also happened to win the Runefest Trip from using the game card you could always just decline the trip.

Also to everyone who his thinking about entering, just give it a shot! You don't have to enter something really complex, or time consuming; just keep it simple and you'll have a great chance. :)

Are buddykits allowed?

I made an awesome lil animation with them before lol

These things:

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6473/dragsandbarrows2oa.png

I saw photo manipulation... dono if this counts as that :P

Lol if someone wins the tip it contest, then win the runefest contest with the 90 days

I don't know if I could stand it... being surrounded by kids and nerds!

150x150.png

Ill definately give it a shot, just two questions.

Is there a size limit because mine is going to be 11 good sized comic panels

Can screenshots snips be used ie images not drawn by self? not excessively of course, just one or two.

um lol nvm, maybe i should read the rules cleary next time lol

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Are buddykits allowed?

I made an awesome lil animation with them before lol

These things:

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6473/dragsandbarrows2oa.png

I saw photo manipulation... dono if this counts as that :P

Lol if someone wins the tip it contest, then win the runefest contest with the 90 days

I don't know if I could stand it... being surrounded by kids and nerds!

Yep you are welcome to use those :)

Posted Image

Oooh im so exited :ohnoes: , I just spent 2 days writing it up and I just submitted my entry

Good luck to all those who enter :thumbsup:

Hey, this time can you post direct links to all the entrys, or atleast the honorable mentions? Last time we only got to see the winners D:

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Hey, this time can you post direct links to all the entrys, or atleast the honorable mentions? Last time we only got to see the winners D:

Sure :)

Posted Image

Gah. If I didnt fal at drawing and comedy I'd give it a try, I might give it a shot, but I doubt I'll win.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Is animation allowed?

lol not like... animation animation... just flipping through comic panels

like this

THIS IS NOT MY ENTRY - it has nothing to do with tip it

2lkwg21.gif - Censored for the sake of the children

If not I'll break it back up into panels... I set it up as a comic... but the panels flip through like this ^^

(the entry has a better story and is better than this :D this is just an old old animated sig I had)

actually I made this before summoning was released! Jagex stole my idea!

I would have submitted both today... but only 1 allowed :( can I submit both if they are the exact same panels... but one is animated gif

xD

Its been too much fun making the comic, disqualification would ruin that :)

150x150.png