Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

Though I can't promise screenies. some reason my computer doesn't recognize them

though, don't worry, I know the place like the back of my hand, ol' hunting grounds I'll got some ecto tokens so I can....

Death! maybe its in Port phantasmys?!?

I will update this post with my findings and status...

(gonna make it sound like a journal in real life.)

1st hour... explored slayer tower... Aberrant specters nearly got me... not sign of anything 1st and most of second floor... Canifis, I suspect is a likely place to look... where are my informants?

stats too low for a run in with ghouls, nearly at 1 in all combat stats... if something attacks me I'm toast.

1st hour still... In Canifis, beginning exploration after getting stat restores... stats restored... pub is empty of clues... so is most of the buildings... empty... I could have sworn... but oh well... going toward fenkenstrains castle...

regained my ring of Charos (u), should be of great assistance in talking to the locals... going to experiments area... then to port phantasmys... I hope I can hold out... the werewolves were searching, but they seemed to have stopped since I have ring of Charos...

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Aggie is a witch, so that would hint at disease. The book on WOM's desk could possibly be a book on the details of war (well, we already know he is rather the fighter). Perhaps the other two symbols are somewhere that relates to death and famine? I have a feeling they are in Morytania- the only problem with that is, if we send a Member into the swamps, there's a very high chance that they'll get killed. I doubt even the bravest would dare venture in there. Grrr, talk about a clever trap by Jagex. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't think of any other places to do with famine and death.

Famine might also be somewhere in the desert, which is equally as dangerous. That would make the sun rock the most likely candidate for representing famine. Death could be in the Underground Pass, maybe. But we already have death runes...

Don't worry about the meeting lasting longer than an hour. If it starts getting close we can always have another one next week and pick up where we left off.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

Famine might also be somewhere in the desert, which is equally as dangerous. That would make the sun rock the most likely candidate for representing famine.

Whoops, never even thought of that. :oops:

Hang on... doesn't the quest Contact! have a bit of famine in it? Maybe one of the cities holds the symbol of the sun? Or even a pyramid, which is even more likely... but as you said, the desert is deadly. Well, it seems right that these symbols should be hard to find- they are, after all, supposedly tied in with the apocalypse etc.

Death could be in the Underground Pass, maybe. But we already have death runes...

Well, one type of rune can be used for multiple spells. Air runes, for example, are used for most damaging spells. So, maybe Death runes can also be used for a summoning spell? It seems perfectly possible.

Don't worry about the meeting lasting longer than an hour. If it starts getting close we can always have another one next week and pick up where we left off.

Speaking of the meeting, I've left my character next to the Water Altar. Would logging in 5 minutes before be okay?

Though I can't promise screenies. some reason my computer doesn't recognize them

though, don't worry, I know the place like the back of my hand, ol' hunting grounds I'll got some ecto tokens so I can....

Death! maybe its in Port phantasmys?!?

I will update this post with my findings and status...

(gonna make it sound like a journal in real life.)

1st hour... explored slayer tower... Aberrant specters nearly got me... not sign of anything 1st and most of second floor... Canifis, I suspect is a likely place to look... where are my informants?

stats too low for a run in with ghouls, nearly at 1 in all combat stats... if something attacks me I'm toast.

1st hour still... In Canifis, beginning exploration after getting stat restores... stats restored... pub is empty of clues... so is most of the buildings... empty... I could have sworn... but oh well... going toward fenkenstrains castle...

regained my ring of Charos (u), should be of great assistance in talking to the locals... going to experiments area... then to port phantasmys... I hope I can hold out... the werewolves were searching, but they seemed to have stopped since I have ring of Charos...

Well, I hope you'll get there mostly unscathed. Thanks very much for this information by the way- it may prove to be of great value.

However, wouldn't it be rather ironic if you were to die right at the symbol for Death? :P

Speaking of the meeting, I've left my character next to the Water Altar. Would logging in 5 minutes before be okay?

Sure. :D

Thanks. :D

Well, when I got there I only bumped into one person who was crafting runes, so I don't think many people will be there. It should go rather smoothly, with no flaming or spamming.

Not long now until our first WOMDA meeting. I'm getting rather excited, to tell you the truth.

I reckon it'll happen, seeing as this forum has now made 35 pages, I reckon it'll be easy to keep talking for an hour. Especially if you're typing...

Even so, I'm quite sure you'll get to the TET event on time. If it does go over an hour though, we'll have to put proper timing into it for future meetings (if there are going to be any).

I didnae say I was coming....

To be honest with you, I think you're looking into this too much, I feel the wise old man in draynor, is just a wise old man, who happened to retire in draynor and co-incidentally enjoyed robbing that bank.

Sig.jpg

To be honest with you, I think you're looking into this too much, I feel the wise old man in draynor, is just a wise old man, who happened to retire in draynor and co-incidentally enjoyed robbing that bank.

So, you're basically saying that everyone who contributed to this thread wasted their time posting over 700 replies?

It doesn't matter who the Wise Old Man really is. It's been fun to think up ideas and discuss the thoughts of others. That's what it's meant to be- fun.

EDIT: Well, first WOM meeting over. I actually think that went quite well. Much thanks to Trobigod, who provided us with excellent information. Unfortunately, I was rudely taken away by Evil Bob at the end.

OK our first meeting has concluded and we made a lot of progress:

During Desert Treasure, you have to get 4 diamonds in order to free Azzandra from the pyramid. They are called blood, ice, shadow, and smoke. Each of these 4 diamonds represents one of the 4 layers of the apocalypse; blood represents death, ice represents famine, shadow represents war, and smoke represents pestilence. These 4 diamonds could possibly correspond to the 4 stones in the circle northeast of Falador.

Also, Bob the axe-repairer in Lumbridge also has the ability to repair Barrows armor. Bob's house is right next to the Lumbridge graveyard, where the Seminarians were found by Father Aereck. The fact that Barrows armor comes from the tombs of the Barrows brothers, and that the Seminarians were in a graveyard could possibly mean that WOM was using his influence to acquire some method of building Barrows armor, using Bob for help. He would use this armor to supply his summoned army for the next God War that he wants to trigger (see page 31).

We've learned during the meeting that while you're carrying the diamonds, you may be attacked by a level 91 Stranger random event with a dragon dagger super poisoned. We need to know who this stranger is and what he looks like.

Womzoomed-1.gif

So, you're basically saying that everyone who contributed to this thread wasted their time posting over 700 replies?

It doesn't matter who the Wise Old Man really is. It's been fun to think up ideas and discuss the thoughts of others. That's what it's meant to be- fun.

I'm not saying you're wasting your time and I'm not trying to ruin your fun. If you enjoy it, go ahead, I'm just saying I doubt JAGex would put so much effort into this...

Sig.jpg

sorry I couldn't come, had to clean house... was there any other info that I might have missed? alos, nothing from morytania, (that has got to be desease though!) yet... I'm certain I saw stuff there...

I am heading over to Buurgh de rott, and to the meyerditch, fortress of the vampires.

Port phantasmys was closed to me for some reason.

update post for my investigations into the swamps...

Quest Log: day one

as I talk to Npc's, especially Veliaf Hurtz... I seem to get hints of a new quest coming... a fourth Myrique quest... but nothing connected to the WOM... Most all the NPC's in Burgh de Rott are named... weird...

I talk to some of them... nothing... maybe I should move to the vampire keep? They seem to planning to leave their town... to escape the vampires...

Can anyone tell me where the line to morytania goes Exactly?

There is nothing for me to learn here. I will equip myself and go to the Meyerditch. The WOm seems to have no presence... at least in Burgh de Rott

I wish I knew where the lines where going in WOM's coordinates... But I'll have to sight it...

It seems that you can take deyalt ore out of mieyerdithc mine... will attempt refining...

Vanstrom Claus does not seem to be ruler here, Drakan and his siblings/kids are... Ranis and Vanescula... I wonder if the WOM ever mentions vampyres?

I find a lab, it is destroyed, but skeletons around tell the obvious use... disease? I find a book called Haemalchemy volume one... no volume two... I can't understand it... oh well... maybe in a later update... I fear it has something to do with blood.

I look back over the log on the WOM's goings and comings... the line into Morytania goes into the Ectofungus! This does not bode well, too deep into the Meiyerditch, at least I have Deyalt ore...

Am attempting to reach the Meiyerditch Myreque... already been taken by the Vyrewatch twice... lost blood... reaching headquarters soon... I hope that I am not followed... I talk to Safalaan and Vertida Sefalatis and do not trust them... Safalaan looks too unnatural in the eyes... And Vertida... I just have a feeling.

I cannot approach the castle... a pity I know some informants at the edge of town... I should be able to get something there. My informants know nothing of the WOM... it may be that the WOM never made an impact on the Meiyerditch... though he may have visited incognito... I shall visit Trader Sven... but he may know nothing...

My worst fears... he knows nothing.. I gained almost nothing for being here... maybe I should go back to the ectofungus... Only the Deyalt ore may have meaning for my troubles... I will take it to the WOM and go into port Phantasmys a different way...

All attempts to refine Daeyalt ore failed Blast furnace may help, but it is unlikely. will attempt alchemy... 40 gp... I wait for the home tele... thinking about the myreque... and I realize something... Ivan Strom... I Vanstrom! Only after Ivan Strom reach the temple did the monsters reappear over the Salve... Only then did werewolves roam after I temple trekked for him... he was gone when Vanstrom attacked! Things are moving faster... Maybe there is a connection to WOM? but I don't see it...

Acquiring ghost speak ammy... then going to see the WOM over the Daeyalt ore. He doesn't give me a straight answer... that means soemthing... I shall keep it.

thats enough for today... too tired now

Hello I have been reading some fo this thread and I got an idea (sorry if tis already been suggested) maybe Miss Schism is really one fo the gods/demi-gods/majrhat/bob the jagex cat in disguise (well she doesnt seem very wise so why have her replace the wise old man)

noob:need hot gf

me this is not a dating sevice its a game

noob:but thats the only reson i play this game

then is suggest you use a dating service

but i cant im only 7 #-o

OK our first meeting has concluded and we made a lot of progress:

During Desert Treasure, you have to get 4 diamonds in order to free Azzandra from the pyramid. They are called blood, ice, shadow, and smoke. Each of these 4 diamonds represents one of the 4 layers of the apocalypse; blood represents death, ice represents famine, shadow represents war, and smoke represents pestilence. These 4 diamonds could possibly correspond to the 4 stones in the circle northeast of Falador.

Just a thought, but does anything happen if you 'Use' the diamonds on the four stones?

Also, Bob the axe-repairer in Lumbridge also has the ability to repair Barrows armor. Bob's house is right next to the Lumbridge graveyard, where the Seminarians were found by Father Aereck. The fact that Barrows armor comes from the tombs of the Barrows brothers, and that the Seminarians were in a graveyard could possibly mean that WOM was using his influence to acquire some method of building Barrows armor, using Bob for help. He would use this armor to supply his summoned army for the next God War that he wants to trigger (see page 31).

I believe that he'll mostly use the melee armour and weapons to supply his army, due to their brilliant strength. If he had multiple Dharok's Greataxes and was to weaken his horde enough, the ones with the axe would be able to deliver remarkable damage. Also, Verac's Flail is able to hit through prayer, isn't it? Then Guthan's armour would provide amazing protection. If he had all this, his army would be unstoppable.

Strangely enough, there are four brothers that use melee. I'm not sure, but is it possible that you could connect the melee brothers to war, famine, pestilence and death?

update post for my investigations into the swamps...

I actually quite enjoyed reading that. Maybe you should put it into a story as well? :D

Have you at least started the Ghost's Ahoy quest? I think you need to in order to enter Port Phasmatys. But otherwise, good job, though I think you're right about the symbol being in the port as it's the only place you've not looked into.

Since Trobigod did the quest already it's probably too late to use the diamonds again. Maybe we should employ another member.

Looking through the map again to answer Xewleer's question about where the line in Morytainia goes, and I noticed that the Pest Control areas also have 4 portals that the 'pests' are escaping from. We've made a lot of connections in the game to the number 4 - is this another one? Could the 4 different types of pests represent the 4 layers of doom?

@ Xewleer: The line in Morytania goes through something called The Hollows and through the entrance to some place labelled "Graveyard" on the atlas. Hmm...graveyards again? (Heh, only the people at the meeting would know what I'm talking about :mrgreen: )

By the way, Wenlok, it's curious that you have Lee Van Cleef in your avatar. :lol:

Womzoomed-1.gif

Looking through the map again to answer Xewleer's question about where the line in Morytainia goes, and I noticed that the Pest Control areas also have 4 portals that the 'pests' are escaping from. We've made a lot of connections in the game to the number 4 - is this another one? Could the 4 different types of pests represent the 4 layers of doom?

And I think I can relate them to the four layers of doom, purely by colour. If you go from right to left on the Tip.It Pest Control map, you'll see that the portal colours are similar to those found in each section, in the corresponding order of war, famine, pestilence, and death.

By the way, Wenlok, it's curious that you have Lee Van Cleef in your avatar. :lol:

Well, I'm a new fan of the 'Dollars' trilogy, so I thought I might as well put in my favourite character. :P

It'd be funny if someone came into this thread with an Eli Wallach avatar though. :lol:

My WOM theory:

he's jagex's ploy to make free people think "ooh something new has been added" the kick the bed is so they think there will be a new free quest (which there wont) his telescope pointing to the wizz tower makes people think "ohh new magic, or better runecrafting for f2p or something else magical"

and... :-k he buys free quest items to get free people to do the minimal quest list available to them, thinkthing they will get money

another great thing about him is that the video is so kewl! i watch it like once a week, taking some money (500gp i think) out of my bank, another way of removing gold from the echonemy (but not as much as construction!!!!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!!one!!!!!!!)

sorry to be negative but thats it in a nutshell...

im sure my media teacher would be proud of my analysis O:)

I'm going crazy look at the latest update!

Over near the Necromancer's Tower, south of Ardougne, a new tower of ambitious design is under construction.

You see, over the ages, alchemists around Ardougne have worked on many bizarre experiments, encouraged by the kings of the region. Now their experimenting has brought them to their ultimate goal... only to be stopped short by a builders' strike. The builders claim the project was not what they first expected and so it seems the tower's future is up to you!

With a mix of illogical magic and logical construction, you can expect to be working those builders' hands to the bone just to understand the tower - let alone get it into working order.

This is a one-of-a-kind quest involving: the culmination of magic and logic, the most fashionable construction outfit you ever did see, learning the all-important rituals of the builder and having somewhere to store sarnies from the sandwich lady...

[b[Then, as if that wasn't enough, you'll earn the opportunity to create strange creatures to battle.[/b] Using alchemy and the Tower's marvellous properties, there are a wealth of strange opportunities! Oh, and when we say 'strange', we honestly mean strange - ever wondered what happens if you cross a jubbly with a lobster? Probably not, but like we said, alchemists have worked on some very bizarre experiments! The items dropped from these monsters should prove useful for all those resource-gathering-addicts!

So what are you waiting for? Grab that hammer and saw, and practice your best builder slang because, as the title suggests, this is no standard building, but the legendary Tower of Life!

Humm.... SUMMONING (I'm so happy happy happy) I hope by the time we have our next meeting some of the attenders will have finished the quest. (Hint Hint)

Also opportunities to gain wealth? In connection with wizards? And there is tons more....[/b]

Womzoomed-1.gif

What has become of the runescape community???? :wall:

There is a community?

Thank you! anyway,

.. after all, remember, the WOM could not be old enought for that, humans can only go so far,

But what if...

A major difference between the race of Mahjarrats and the race of humans is that they live very long, although they eventually will die of old age
noob:need hot gf

me this is not a dating sevice its a game

noob:but thats the only reson i play this game

then is suggest you use a dating service

but i cant im only 7 #-o

I'm going crazy look at the latest update!

Humm.... SUMMONING (I'm so happy happy happy) I hope by the time we have our next meeting some of the attenders will have finished the quest. (Hint Hint)

Also opportunities to gain wealth? In connection with wizards? And there is tons more....[/b]

I'm not entirely sure if they are implying that it is summoning or creation, to tell you the truth. If it is summoning, however, we'll have to send someone to investigate the Tower for any signs of the Wise Old Man having even a shred of influence there. If no one minds, of course.

However, if there are four mysterious things hanging around this new Tower, then finding evidence of the WOM will just be to make sure...

I got bored so I made a couple of siggies if any one wants one.

investigatingthewiseoldaq3.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=387758][img=http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7863/investigatingthewiseoldaq3.gif][/url]

investigatingthewiseoldyt5.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=387758][img=http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4234/investigatingthewiseoldyt5.gif][/url]

If you want another size you can ask me. I might be working on an animated one soon.

Womzoomed-1.gif

What has become of the runescape community???? :wall:

There is a community?

Those are very, very good. Hope you don't mind if I use one! :D

Not sure if it means anything, but in China, Korea etc. the number four can be translated as a symbol of death. Death also happens to be the fourth layer of the apocalypse. Possibly this is why the number four plagues the story of the Wise Old Man, as his intentions seem to ultimately lead to death.

Those are very, very good. Hope you don't mind if I use one! :D

Not sure if it means anything, but in China, Korea etc. the number four can be translated as a symbol of death. Death also happens to be the fourth layer of the apocalypse. Possibly this is why the number four plagues the story of the Wise Old Man, as his intentions seem to ultimately lead to death.

That is true, the word "si" in Chinese has the same as the one for death, "si"

Chinese for 4:ÃÆÃ¥âââ¬ÃºÃ¢ââ¬Ãº

Chinese for death:ÃÆæâââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

mememe513.png