Investigating the Wise Old Man

KCHughes

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that Randox, computer went weird.

Anyway, as for Maemi, I did find it curious that it was the name of a typhoon, but other than that, I came to the same conclusion as you. However, Maemi does look an awful lot like Bob. Here's a little investigation for Members- try wearing a catspeak amulet whilst listening at the grill. I'm beginning to wonder if that purr was more than delight at the witch's kind words...

Oh, and another thing about the Black Knight's Fortress- there was a small gargoyle just outside one of the walls (push through wall, go up ladder, look to East). On closer inspection it appeared to look awfully like one of the old dragons from the start of RuneScape 2. I'm not sure of the significance of that, but since we are investigating the dragonkin, I find it a bit suspicious that a little dragon appears on a wall in the Black Knight's current headquarters.

I'm not sure why the Black Knight's had Saradomin symbols in the fortress. However, if you noticed, they symbols are located in a dining room like place. Could they have had Saradominists over for a meeting? Highly suspicious if they did.

I think KingWenlocks idea about having saradominist visitors is a real possibility. Also about the bird thing on the wall, theres more just like it on the walkway tot eh eroom where you drop the cabage, this might help poeple get better camera angles. Heck , I could grab a few pictures myself, but not full screen. I'm especily interested in the symbol below the swirl, it looks like a set of horns and to my knowladge, we ahvent seen a symbol like it as of yet. I wonder if it could provide a clue to the swirls meaning and then tot he meanings of the other standing stones. And i really like that idea for members, the cat could be a valuble clue.

Any way, my multi-angle pics of the gargoyles should save you guys a trip ::'

gargoylesje3.png

ANd another discovery, no matter how minor. I decided to check out the white knight castle, to see if there were any symbols depicting alligence and boy are there ever. Also, you know the WOM has gold trimmed saradomin armour, these guys have the regular trimmed version of saradomin armour on there armour stands, the faint white lines. I've never noticed the trimming before, and I doubt many peole have, you really have to be looking for it. The blue banner I belive is the symbol of faladore or of the white knnights.

whiteknightscc4.png

Any way, my multi-angle pics of the gargoyles should save you guys a trip ::'

gargoylesje3.png

bronze%20drag.jpg

(Image taken from Zybez- picture of an old gold dragon)

They look slightly similar, don't they?

And I just remembered- it was said at one time that the symbol for the swirly rock was found in Aggie the Witch's house. There's another of those symbols here, and a witch is close by. We identified the swirly symbol as standing for Pestilence. This would tie in with the witches being related somewhat to disease.

Then I have 2 locations to search for the pestalence symbol. Firs Aggies house, and second the witch in RImmington who I belive is hetty(sp?). Theres also a witch south-east of al-kirad, so I might go there too. Im really gona get my cyber exercise in.

EDIT: The sybol in aggies house is the exact same 2 symbols as in the black knight fortress

I've seen somewhere that the mahjarrat WERE mortals, but were "less" mortal than others, i.e. they had longer lifespans for some reason...they were also very adept at magic. Zaros and Icthlarin, even though they were both in control of the mahjarrat at one point, were prbably not actually mahjarrat I think. The mahjarrat maybe just decided to follow Icthlarin first, the Zaros when he betrayed Icthlarin, and then finally they trusted one of their own, Zamorak. Man, 'Feneskrae'/'Freneskae' is really bugging me! And nobody knows what it is and there's no indication anywhere of its location.

I forgot to mention some things that I found last night. In the Zamorak temple in SE Varrock, there are a bunch of candles in a row that look similar to the ones in the basement of the Tower, but a slightly different color. In Traiborn's room, there's an identical candlestick to the ones in the Zamorak temple. Really, I'm starting to think that the wizards are of no allegiance to Saradomin at all. However, I don't really believe they're 100% pro-Zamorak either. I don't really know what to make of it.

But wait, I could be wrong about them. It might be that the Black Knights' fortress was at one point a stronghold for Saradominist forces, but the Black Knights took over and simply forgot to redecorate, who knows. It's right there next to the Wilderness, after all, right there on the border with Asgarnia. And the Monastery is right there next to the fortress! Why would the monks want to live right there in the shadow of the Black Knights? Surely the fortress once belonged to the White Knights and the monks lived there, feeling safe. It's probably a hotly contested area.

The symbol right below the swirl symbol on the 2 little banners; it looks a whole lot like the Soul Rune symbol, doesn't it? :wink:

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

I've not heard that Zaros was not a majharrat... but oh Well. I am of the belief that Majharrat are very long lived too, but almost immortal kinda long. If anyone remembers though, Saradomin is displayed as an old man in the god letters, so maybe they aren't as longlived as I think. Anyway, I had been harboring suspicions a long time about the wizards, partly on the account of Mizgog and the demon, but more towards slow rot from within type corruption.

From what I researched, Ichtharin (sp) was (new evidence!) was a majharrat, maybe not the origional leader, but still, he was majharrat. Why? certain of the gods that are delt with in Enakhras lament are (one is) camel headed! And he was a majharrat. I believe the Majharrat are not from this world. From another plane of existence. And maybe not originally magical (in their world) but became magical in the time they stayed in Gielnor (the lands players can get to I call RS proper) they became magical beings. Thus, with this new power source, domination/ leadership struggles occurred, leading to Ichthlarin and Zaros becoming leaders at separate times. Other species became involved because of the thinning of Majharrat blood and various new magics.

I'm tired... One last point. Ancient magics were the first, and probabely lost Ichthlarin his throne as head of majharrat. But you wonder, if the combat part of the Ancient magics are more powerful... Why doesn't Zamorack learn them (and he could most likely!) or Saradomin? It doesn't make sense! Why use the magic involved in just about everything (basically) only, when you can have some of the best battle magic out there?

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

I've seen somewhere that the mahjarrat WERE mortals, but were "less" mortal than others, i.e. they had longer lifespans for some reason...they were also very adept at magic. Zaros and Icthlarin, even though they were both in control of the mahjarrat at one point, were prbably not actually mahjarrat I think. The mahjarrat maybe just decided to follow Icthlarin first, the Zaros when he betrayed Icthlarin, and then finally they trusted one of their own, Zamorak. Man, 'Feneskrae'/'Freneskae' is really bugging me! And nobody knows what it is and there's no indication anywhere of its location.

It would make sense if Zaros wasn't a Mahjarrat, due to his apparent unbelievable power. The Mahjarrat were powerful, but I doubt they had as much influence as Zaros himself did. Also, Zamorak had a deep fear of Zaros- I doubt he would have feared him if Zaros were a Mahjarrat. He would have been more like a brother to Zamorak than a ruler if that was the case. However, I'm now beginning to wonder if Zaros had any physical form at all. Zamorak fears little, due to him being the god of chaos. Now, what if Zaros had the ability to shape-shift? If he changed into the thing that Zamorak feared the most, Zamorak would end up being permanently damaged- fear is one of the most powerful tools that exist on Earth today. Well, I think we can easily work out what young Zamorak fears- he's the god of pretty much everything evil, but look, he's left one thing out. Death still remains in Icthlarin's title. So, Zaros could have changed into some form of Zamorak's death to strike fear into his enemy. However, apparently Zaros lost due to being stabbed by the Staff of Armadyl. But suppose all his power wasn't drained. After being defeated by Zamorak, could Zaros have changed into another shape, and fled? And could he have gotten stuck in that shape, due to most of his power being zapped? Maybe he isn't Bob at all, and Bob really is Robert the Strong. Could Bob be one of his agents, sent to throw us all off guard? I still think he's a cat, but which cat? The only ones I know off at the minute are Bob and Maemi, but I sure there's more out there.

I forgot to mention some things that I found last night. In the Zamorak temple in SE Varrock, there are a bunch of candles in a row that look similar to the ones in the basement of the Tower, but a slightly different color. In Traiborn's room, there's an identical candlestick to the ones in the Zamorak temple. Really, I'm starting to think that the wizards are of no allegiance to Saradomin at all. However, I don't really believe they're 100% pro-Zamorak either. I don't really know what to make of it.

Hmm... you don't suppose they could have thought that both gods were good to worship due to the magical properties of gods (god spells), so they worshipped both? Or could they be having a private religious war amongst themselves, with the Saradominists being forced to worshipping in the basement whilst Zamorak grows ever popular with the wizardry? WOM could possibly have set this rift between them, in order to further stir up a hatred coming from both sides towards eachother.

But wait, I could be wrong about them. It might be that the Black Knights' fortress was at one point a stronghold for Saradominist forces, but the Black Knights took over and simply forgot to redecorate, who knows. It's right there next to the Wilderness, after all, right there on the border with Asgarnia. And the Monastery is right there next to the fortress! Why would the monks want to live right there in the shadow of the Black Knights? Surely the fortress once belonged to the White Knights and the monks lived there, feeling safe. It's probably a hotly contested area.

I somehow doubt loyal followers of Zamorak woulds have left Saradomin symbols up, but anyway, that seems to make sense. Or the monks could be Saradominist spies working together with the Oracle. It's a bit strange all the same.

The symbol right below the swirl symbol on the 2 little banners; it looks a whole lot like the Soul Rune symbol, doesn't it? :wink:

You're right. Grr, curse my stupid eyes. It is interesting though. In Christianity, isn't the soul not the part of you that goes up to heaven after Judgement Day? This would tie in well with the apocalypse, if the swirly symbol was one of its layers.

I'm tired... One last point. Ancient magics were the first, and probabely lost Ichthlarin his throne as head of majharrat. But you wonder, if the combat part of the Ancient magics are more powerful... Why doesn't Zamorack learn them (and he could most likely!) or Saradomin? It doesn't make sense! Why use the magic involved in just about everything (basically) only, when you can have some of the best battle magic out there?

Saradomin is much like Armadyl- purity etc. Since the Ancient Staff is supposed to contain the magic of Zaros, then Saradomin would consider it impure. Also, Zamorak has a strange phobia of anything to do with Zaros, so the staff would be chucked away as quickly as possible.

Icthlarian is a demi-god, meaning one parent was mortal, so he might be half majharet. I suspect that zamorack has great fear of zaros because at the height of his power, Zaros could easily defeat zamorack, even with Zamoracks new god status. Zamorack only one the fight because of luck or trickery(did Zaros slip or was he triped?). I belive it to be a real possibility that the old main gods (Zaros and Armadyl) are much more powerful than saradomin or zamorack, so zamarack vs. Zaros or Armandyl now would be as good for Zamorack as Saradomin vs. Guthix would be for Saradomin.

Ive got therories on elder dragons and dragon kin but that will have to wait.

There's going to be an update about RuneCrafting sometime this month, right? That's what it said in the Behind the Scenes. Hopefully it will involve the WOM in SOME way, making this project *ehem* investigation only that much more fun.

But anyway, I think that the Black Knights Fortress used to be used by the White Knights, that would make sense, I think. Like you said earlier, the Monestary is right there. I think that the monks are Saradominists, Druids are Guthix followers, and Chaos Druids of course follow Zamorak. Or maybe the Druids used to live there and decided to migrate or something, gave it to the Monks and went to Taverly? It's just a theory, but maybe it has something to do with something, if it's even right. Maybe the WOM is a Guthix follower? He follows Saradomin for wisdom, and follows Zamorak simply to gain more power than a strict Saradominist.

Mwahahaha, I'm crazy, I know, but I'm trying to be open-minded and contribute something,ANYTHING to the thread, seeing as I haven't been much help at all so far. I'm not the most experienced player, and had no idea who this Amadyl (or whoever he is) before I read about him here :? .

And I always thought Bob was just a cat..nothing of interest..but I guess I may have been wrong.

7,436th to 99 fishing on July 13, 2008

[hide=Quotes that I lol'd at]

the day the fantastic four come into runescape, i will eat my socks.

what kind of topic is this. ihaven't read it yet

but i now it must be stupid.

[/hide]

Icthlarian is a demi-god, meaning one parent was mortal, so he might be half majharet. I suspect that zamorack has great fear of zaros because at the height of his power, Zaros could easily defeat zamorack, even with Zamoracks new god status. Zamorack only one the fight because of luck or trickery(did Zaros slip or was he triped?). I belive it to be a real possibility that the old main gods (Zaros and Armadyl) are much more powerful than saradomin or zamorack, so zamarack vs. Zaros or Armandyl now would be as good for Zamorack as Saradomin vs. Guthix would be for Saradomin.

You know, it has been said that Zaros could easily defeat one of the other gods, but if two or three ganged up on him he would lose. Maybe that's what happened. You never know.

Anyway, I think the distinction of the Mahjarrat being a race rather than a tribe has been lost. All races have different characteristics, and different strengths and weaknesses. Saying that the Mahjarrat is a 'tribe' sort of means that they're just a bunch of people who live together. Saying that they're a 'race', which is what I think they really are, would solve the issue of why they live so long, or why they're so adept at magic. I think we should list some of their characteristics:

They are physically weak, due largely in part to their mastery of magic. Such knowledge has made physical strength unnecessary. They have long life spans. They seem to be more prone to evil actions. Are they really even humans, or are they an entirely different species?

Moving on, then. Since all of the Mahjarrat are moving 'north' to gather before the next God War (now we KNOW it's going to happen, but just what will trigger it?), maybe WOM will initiate his plan when that happens. It would be fairly easy to do, since all of Zamorak's friends are all in te same place, and he could make it look like a large conspiracy by the Mahjarrat. My guess is that whenever we hear about Mahjarrat and Zamorak's followers going 'north' in large numbers, we'll be very close to WOM doing whatever it is he's planning. Keep your eyes open!

Where the heck is Feneskrae?!

Womzoomed-1.gif

I agree that the majharrat are a species. Also chaos Druids im quite sure are actualy followers of Guthix, not Zamorak, the reason being that herblore is closely linked to Guthix, it being the god of nature and all.

Majharrat have mostly been referred to as a tribe, but eh. Freneaskae is in the North, I assume at least.

Chaos druids are a bit of both really, some do, some don't.

There is going to bve another god war eh? Well, today I went into the Dorgecsh-kaan place, nothing to hint that, but I did find something disturbing. Apparently the dwarves have a mechanical monster, only really mentioned in hints by Dorgeshun civilians but still, they were very, very afraid of it (there was no picture) Apparently it came through he rocks and attacked or something like that. Thats all I could glean, that might help

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

This topic is kind of interesting....http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=630731 It pretty much sums what we have said lately. (and leaves a ton out...)

By the way, xewleer mentioned Chaos Druids. One thing I found interesting about them is that they know how to summon. They were the ones who originally summoned Delrith...

Also... the dwarfs have a mechanical monster that came through the rocks... That sounds like one of those tunnel making things. All the more reason for the WOM to form an alliance with the dwarfs. It seems like they have the up and up on technology. First they have the cannon, now they have this thing that can dig tunnels.

Another thing alot of current day tunnels go under water. If the WOM was trying to attack the Wizard's tower that would be the perfect way to do it. They wouldn't even know what hit them. And also we know that the tunnel drilling thing made by the dwarfs is already in the vicinity of the Wizard's tower.

Sorry I was gone for so long.

Womzoomed-1.gif

What has become of the runescape community???? :wall:

There is a community?

By the way, xewleer mentioned Chaos Druids. One thing I found interesting about them is that they know how to summon. They were the ones who originally summoned Delrith...

Delrith wasn't amazingly powerful though. He had less hitpoints than a Level 3, and had an aversion to the magical sword Silverlight. It just goes to show that summoning is a subject barely touched upon.

Also... the dwarfs have a mechanical monster that came through the rocks... That sounds like one of those tunnel making things. All the more reason for the WOM to form an alliance with the dwarfs. It seems like they have the up and up on technology. First they have the cannon, now they have this thing that can dig tunnels.

Another thing alot of current day tunnels go under water. If the WOM was trying to attack the Wizard's tower that would be the perfect way to do it. They wouldn't even know what hit them. And also we know that the tunnel drilling thing made by the dwarfs is already in the vicinity of the Wizard's tower.

Brilliant. The Wizard's Tower is an island surrounded by water, so going underneath the Tower to get in would be sheer genius. Let us not forget that blimp on the WOM's desk though- penguins may yet have a significant part to play in this tale. If the WOM enlisted the help of penguins, an assault on the Tower would be all the more easier. Simply send a bunch of penguin filled blimps up to the top and it'll confuse the wizard's. Whilst they're busy rounding them up, WOM drills from underneath and meets them on the stairway. Massacre! Then he can quietly escape via the tunnel and make it look like the work of Zamorakians without even being spotted! And it doesn't exactly matter to the people that the wizard's may not be for either god- the locals think that the wizard's are strong Saradominists, so an attack on Zamorakians is definite. I'd still like to know the true allegiance of the wizard's though. It may be useful to the investigation.

Off topic- :lol: at your signature 1alebcay.

Sorry about that Randox, computer went weird.

Anyway, as for Maemi, I did find it curious that it was the name of a typhoon, but other than that, I came to the same conclusion as you. However, Maemi does look an awful lot like Bob. Here's a little investigation for Members- try wearing a catspeak amulet whilst listening at the grill. I'm beginning to wonder if that purr was more than delight at the witch's kind words...

Oh, and another thing about the Black Knight's Fortress- there was a small gargoyle just outside one of the walls (push through wall, go up ladder, look to East). On closer inspection it appeared to look awfully like one of the old dragons from the start of RuneScape 2. I'm not sure of the significance of that, but since we are investigating the dragonkin, I find it a bit suspicious that a little dragon appears on a wall in the Black Knight's current headquarters.

I'm not sure why the Black Knight's had Saradomin symbols in the fortress. However, if you noticed, they symbols are located in a dining room like place. Could they have had Saradominists over for a meeting? Highly suspicious if they did.

Would it be more logical to assume that any Sardomin related objects in their fortress were stolen?

I shall say this:

The elder dragons and Dragon kin are definatly 2 different things. The Elder dragons (procceding under the assumption they exist at all) have been here longert than Guthix and and so were here before Guthix's sheep. Also, like Guthix there power and life force is tied into Runescape so that if they werte to parish, so too would the world. Also, I belive that if the world were destroyed they qould die (along with everyone else). They are shure to be more powerful than even the KBD.

The dragon Kin on the othere hand, my not currently reside anywhere in Runescape. I belive they have access to extreme forms of magic that are incredibly dangerous to meare mortals, and they might even have the power to rival the gods, so the next war could concevibly be between the Gods/Elder Dragons vs. the Dragon Kin.

I wouldnt be supprised if penguins are involved in the WOMs plot.

Most of this is speculation and inference, probaly because because the only sorces are a postbag letter and a book in the WOMs house, so I think ive drawn some pretty good conclusions from so little information ::'

And could we start the next minute 10 minutes early? since anyone attending TET events will have to leave at least 10 minutes early. <.<

I just wonder how the heck the wise old man managed to do a 44 with saradomin strike :?

well he does have over 236 hit points, i don;t think its that difficult for him,

moi_extraire.gif

Yes, I do know I'm not ranked in any REAL skills.

Off topic- :lol: at your signature 1alebcay.
Ooh goody, another thing to add to my signature...

Another thought, maybe what the WOM is interested in is not the new tower but the remains of the old one.

I was talking to the WOM on one of my accounts and I came up with this.

I. Very little is written about the tribe of the Mahjarrat. They are believed to be from the realm of Freneskae, or Frenaskae - the spelling in this tongue is only approximate.

One of them, the foul Zamorak, has achieved godhood, although none knows how this came about.

Other Mahjarrat who have been particularly active upon this plane are Hazeel, Lucien, Azzzanadra, and Zemouregal.

II.When asking about Arav, and heroes this is part of the conversation.

Yes, there was a man called Arrav. No-one knew where he came from, but he was a fearsome fighter, a skillful hunter and a remarkable Farmer. He lived in the acient settlement of Avarrocka, defending it from goblins, until he went forth in search of some strange artefact long desired by the dreaded Mahjarrat.

Perhaps some day I shall be able to tell you what became of him.

III. Also when you ask him about how we got magic he says getting it jolted us into the Fifth age. A traveler in the north discovered the key, although no records say where it was found. From here he learned to summon the power of the four elements as a weapon and a tool. They bount the power into stones so others could use it. In the land south of there they built a immense tower where it could be studied. Followers of Zamorak destroyed the tower.

IV. There is a nomadic tribe roaming between the Troll Stronghold and Rellekka. (Ask about ancient settlements) He Also mentions that Avarrocka was a popular trading center.

Ardougne formed under the Carnillean family with the threat of the Mahjarrat warlord Hazeel who lived near there until his downfall.

V. When asking what are the biggest mosters he doesn't mention the Jad, only the KBD, the Kalphite Queen, and the Shaikahan.

VI. When asked about underground stuff he mentioned the Dwarfs first.

I. While talking he gives the impression that there are other places not in this universe you can get to. (While talking about planes.) Also he confirms that Zamorak was a Majharrat.

II. What interests me the most here is that Arav was looking for something of the Mahjarrat when he disappeared, and the WOM thinks that he might find him. This brings me to a couple of conclusions:

The WOM is very interested in the Mahjarrat.

The WOM believes that the other plane that Arav went to has a different time. (Because normally he should be way past dead by now.)

Also it made me think. Maybe the path to godhood has something to do with being a Mahjarrat. Maybe the WOM is trying to become one.

III. Something big had to happen for the ages to change... So what happened to make the 3rd and 4th age happen?

Also a traveler in the north found a key and built a tower south of it. We can assume that the wizards tower was the tower that was built. So, what interesting things are to the north of it... One thing comes to mind. Our circle with the stones in it. That very well may have been the key. They look extremely old and weathered.

IV. Not important to me but it might be to members.

V. His monster choice is interesting here.

Also when searching for our four symbols try looking in these 4 places: Brimminghaven Dungeon. (the steel dragons)

Entra. (Something to do with meditation)

Menaphos and Sophanem. (their great walls)

Dusty libraries. (For wisdom from those who have passed on.)

Those are the places the WOM says he has traveled.

Eh, I guess that that is enough for now...

Edit: I never thought that our best source of information might come right from the mouth of the person we are investigating.

Womzoomed-1.gif

What has become of the runescape community???? :wall:

There is a community?

The mahjarrat may be a tribe, but they are all still superior to normal humans such as our charecters. I don't think the WOM could become one.

The 3rd age was the God war sot he start of the fourth age might be the end of the God war.

And 1alebcay could be right and the WOM might be more intersted in the remains of the old tower. I would also susspect somewhere here the WOM is going to try and disscover how to use magic without runes, and this is quite possibly his ultimate goal, not Godlyness or the apocolypse(alsthough those are still possibilities)

Concerning rescents disputes of ideas related to the Ecthophungus, there are my points of views:

The ecthofungus IS NOT a deity or a object to really worwhip, neither an altar or place to pray for some sort of "death god". The ectofungus was created by the great magician Necrovarus (Necro as you know is realted to death "necrology, necropsia, necromancer) that was expert in necromancy. Trought questing very much and reading even single part of text that you might see, you can easily discover (I'll post the image of that book later) that Necrovarus and his followers were upset of living in Morytania, because these lands were/are ruled by Lord Drakan, an evil Vampire lord that request from the populaiton of Morytania a "blood tie" that is really some sort of tax that is played with human blood. So Necrovarus discovered a way to be "alive" and donnot have blood or something that the vampires might interest for. So he created the ectofungus as a fountain of energy that will keep the spirits of the deads in the lands that this powerfull artifact have power. To get the power, it not only needs magic, but faith too, that's why you must pray to it, so it can gather some faith energy to keep working. However, the greed of Necrovarus corrupted him and gives no option to the recently departed souls, they must be in morytania forever with him and never will see the "other world" so he (Necrovarus) can keep a little dictatorship in this ghostly town.

With futher investigations you can discover that necrovarus was some sort of powerfull mage with many followers that killed some of them as a loyalty test, that's why some of them (as the old crone) leaved him.

In conclussion, the Ecthofungus is just a device that keeps the souls of the dead people in the death and only have a little "range of fire", so that is why people that dies in varrock will not transform in a ghost. This device needs worshipping just to get energy, it was created by Necrovarus a mortal that nos is undead.

Trivia: N3cr0varus is a runescape player, look him in hiscores, he is a prayer pure with lvl 70 prayer, I have meet him in game and even wears saradomin vestmens along with Saradomin banner and other things...

I hope this answer many questions.

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

Hold on, I notice that everytime the origins of the Mahjarrat are brought up in the game, it always says that they came from the 'realm' of Freneskae. When I think of 'realm' I think of the different planes that Alebcay said that Arrav might have found. Maybe Freneskae lies within a different plane of reality, so Arrav could have stumbled upon it.

Speaking of Arrav, I found this in the Lores and Histories section of the main site, Story of Arrav Part 2:

Arrav had not travelled far West, when he came upon a strange house, surrounded by mist. Wondering what kind of being would abide in such a place, yet being unafraid, he entered the house to meet three men inside sitting arguing at a table. The argument was a passionate one, and they took no notice of Arrav as he entered their house. The language they spoke was strange and unfamiliar, yet somehow he could understand what they were arguing about, and it seemed to be about the ownership of the house they were standing in. The argument did not seem to make much sense to him, but the first man was apparently complaining how the others had crept in while he was asleep, and that they had stolen the house he had made for himself.

Anyone else see the connection? Three men in the house = Saradomin, Zamorak, Guthix. Guthix is the one complaining that the others had entered his world of Gielinor while he was asleep. If you read on it talks about how smaller people were also in the house, talking amongst themselves in a way that bothered Arrav. Possibly the Mahjarrat, or some of the lesser-known gods?

Whatever 'artifact' that Arrav was looking for that was desired by the Mahjarrat is most definitely the shield, from the Shield of Arrav quest. WOM knows what happened to Arrav, but won't tell us for some reason. I wonder why?

And tunnelling under the Wizard's Tower: It might be better for WOM to do that if he truly wanted to get into the tower's basement, right?

Womzoomed-1.gif

Excelent find KC, and I have never before considered the possibility that Freneskae, was more of another dimension/plane than another world altogether. The important difference beiong that it makes it far more likely for Arrav to have gone there this way.

I am going to trus Wikipedia on the whole ectofunctus thing and maintain that it is a god, not that its relavent or maters.

Also what do we think of starting the meeting 10 minutes early so we dont lose time when people leave early for TET events?