is 85 mining really worth it?

minerjimmy

it probably takes forever to mine rune rocks at just 85 (just like most ores). Also, rune rocks respawn very slow, and there is mad compeition. Plus, there are pkers out in deep wildy where the f2p rune rock is. Still, its 10K+ an ore, so I suppose it CAN payoff, just be prepared to lose a good number of ores while in the wild (unless you are a very high combat, or like level 3 with not level 48 or below players).

My friend, a long time ago, when he first got 85 mining had a real hard time getting rune ores. And this was back on RSC when there weren't so many players. Now, there are more people in Wildy and more rune miners so competition is stiff.

If your smithing is fairly high too, I'd focus on mining addy until you reach a higher mining level and make addy stuff. Realistically, you shouldn't start mining rune until 90. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

*edit*

Good luck on your goal, too, btw. :D

Yes.

Before i got p2p i was like 2 weeks 85 mining.

It was great, because i've earned finally some money.

Mining is a nice money making skill, if you're not so good in Pk-ing or merchanting.

If you mine the whole day you could make around 1 mil a day.

signature4s.jpg

Rune mining on my first character was one of the best achievements I ever made. Mind you, I was P2P and getting rune mining is a LOT more worthwhile if you're P2P.

Now I'm lv74 mining on my second character and working towards the big 85. So if I'm mad enough to work for 85 mining TWICE, I think that says a lot about how good and worthwhile it is ;)

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

well, this is just the motivation i need to keep going! currently:111k xp till 84 mining
nice, you know i was at that same amount of xp yesterday around 3 in the afternoon? and now its about 5 the next day and i got 85 about an hour ago lol (i really wanted it so i worked hard)

well.. the feeling is wonderful to be able to mine the best rox in the whole of rs.. Runite!

i mined 2 rune ore on the day i got my 85 mining.. well. got hit by a mage level 115... almost died.. but i out ran her.. loh.. till date i haven visited the rune rock eva since.. bored probably..

I'm pretty sure that rune mining is the best money maker on f2p...

p2p, well barrows, runecrafting, killing obsidian monsters...yeah if ur p2p u might as well not rune mine..its not worth it

w4M8t.png

I'm P2P, and I just got 85 mining yesterday. I knew it wouldn't be a big money maker, I wanted it more for a status symbol. Even though I can make a constant 300k+ an hour by making nature runes, it gets very boring. Rune mining has a certain thrill, and can bring in the same amount of cash IF you are lucky/skilled enough.

blackmageid8.png