96-99 Farming

A_Gardener

Hi everyone,

I've been farming for about a year now, on and off, doing mostly herb runs but some tree runs too. I've watched my levels grow, and I kind of want to make an actual effort to get 99 farming (which will be my first 99).

Any recommendations on how to do it? I was considering doing my standard tree and bush runs: 5 maples, 6 papaya, calquat and 4 poison ivy bushes, as well as regular herb runs. Any other ideas?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Your current method sounds good, you can upgrade the trees if you really want but I would suggest you include farming assists.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

W117 is ok if you like spamming over and over and large crowds. The other, better option is using the 'assistclan' FC, just make sure you follow their rules, like only posting every 8 lines and no cursing, etc.

Axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

Quest cape first Achieved 29JAN2009, Re-Achieved 15SEP2011, Cook cape Achieved 12APR2009 (Easter 2009)

Strength Cape Achieved 20NOV2010

Now offering assists for 97 Farming, 97 Smithing, and 97 Herblore, PM me in-game!!!

Proud U.S. Navy Sailor

W117 is ok if you like spamming over and over and large crowds. The other, better option is using the 'assistclan' FC, just make sure you follow their rules, like only posting every 8 lines and no cursing, etc.

"spamming over and over and large crowds" generally describes ac chat too. im 99 farm and usually just wait til a friend needs an assist or ill go to w117. about 2/3 of those in assistclan at any given time are trying to give herb or farm assists.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

Honestly, the biggest mistake i made was rushing 99 Farming. Farming in one of the few non-combat skills left (if not the only) that makes really good profit at the higher levels. If i were you i would stick to doing ONLY Tortsol Herbs along with daily assists. It's going to take you longer to get to 99 but it's going to be much more worth it.

Farming is still enjoyable and profitable after 99; no sense in slowing yourself down for the sake of drawing it out.

I "nolifed" Farming (as much as you can anyway, but sometimes I got upwards of 200k EXP a day) to level 99 and it's still my favorite skill.

:P

exactly. i got to 90 farm mostly by doing herbs, then did daily tree runs to 99. that was several months ago, and im still farming.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

Farming is still enjoyable and profitable after 99; no sense in slowing yourself down for the sake of drawing it out.

No sense in spending money to speed it up either if you don't plan on stopping when you get 99. My advice is that if you are really in a rush or just want to get farming over with, do trees. If you enjoy farming or at least enjoy the profit it can bring, just do herbs and assists until 99.

2496 total achieved June 30, 2013

I agree that trees are unnecessary. I did all my farming training primarily with herbs, sometimes poison ivy, vine herbs (using up any seeds earned collecting my hunter/woodcutting/firemaking/fletching strange rocks and doing any mutant jadinko slayer tasks), and enough lividing for Trollheim Teleport. Haven't done a single tree run in like 10m xp (and even back then they were low-level trees), not even for BXPW, and as you can see from this chart of my XP gains over time, I've been coming along just fine. Torstol runs (with juju/scroll of life) are already somewhere north of the 100k xp/hr mark, with a very healthy profit margin.

The question you have to ask is, what's your rush? You'll get there when you get there. The money you spend on tree seeds is basically to rent a skillcape for a month or so--efficiency-wise, you don't save any actual gameplay time. Farming doesn't have the same opportunity costs that other skills have--you're going to be farming herbs no matter what, cuz it's one of the best and easiest moneymakers in the game, so given enough time, you'll get 99 farming without having to do any extra work beyond what you're already doing.

It's like how it takes two minutes to play a little game on your phone, but it's not as if those are two minutes coming out of your valuable free time--they're two minutes where you're on the toilet or waiting in line or sitting at the bus stop or whatnot, and you'd have to sit there for two minutes whether you're fiddling with Angry Birds or not. So smartphone gamers spend more time playing games than console gamers, but the time they're spending playing smartphone games is already being wasted on something no matter what they do.

From 96 farming, you'll get 99 in no time. Assists are gravy, but torstols really do give a ton of XP. Just do as many runs as you can a day and you'll get it in no time at all.

I personally got 99 farm because I liked the skill. It never really felt like a tedious grind for me because it's essentially non-grindable (this was before livid farm and no one does vinesweeper :rolleyes: )

Good luck on your first 99. I know farming as my own first 99 was a great feeling and I'm probably going to keep it untrimmed for a while.

I'm currently at around 1m xp/month from torstol, no assists. It's the best way to get 99 farming when maxing total without merchanting/staking, with a profit of 300-350k per run and ~8k farming xp worth about 80k farming high-level trees, in under 5 minutes per run.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted