Finally figured out bob's note (major spoilers, post-ROTM)

strilmus

So, I've been hearing about this note over the past week or so, and after finally scraping together all of the qualifications, went through the quest, and got the notes themselves for my own perusing. And then, after reading them, everything clicked. About a few hours ago, though. I was a bit busy fighting, and thinking, to put this down, but now I have the time.

I apologize in advance if this has already been figured out, I just wanted to post this so that others could know.

The note Robert writes to you:

[spoiler=Note to you]Dear adventurer,

Welcome to Kethsi. I'm sorry that I have no means of knowing your name. I don't have much time before the magic takes hold and my reincarnation takes place.

I also enclose a note to myself, which you must give me when you see me, but NOT as a cat.

I enclose a necklace crafted by my sweetheart, Ilsinor. There is no other like it. You will need this to convince me that the note I've sent myself is worth remembering.

There is information on this island that will be needed if the enemy is not to overtake us all. It's protected by an ancient Kethsian puzzle. I enclose vital items to help you complete that puzzle. I hid them here many years ago to keep them from getting into the wrong hands.

Good luck.

- Robert the Strong

P.S. DKQ is a code which could become useful to you at some point.

So, here are some instructions for you that help you during the quest. And there are some instructions which apparently need to be followed at some point in the future.

And, should you take a peek into the note he left for himself:

[spoiler=Note to robert]Dear Robert,

I know none of this makes sense to you now, but I have seen the alternative, and this information is very important and should not be forgotten, nor idly revealed.

The code to what you seeks is DIRAKS.

You must preserve the secret at all costs and make sure only the right people learn it. This will not be the only time the enemy will rise. The stonetoucher must also know what to do. The Temple Knights will be the start of the stonetoucher's trial.

The animal is a cat.

The time is plus 2139.

Put the key to the secrets on your collar.

Good luck.

- Robert the Strong

Now, a lot of people thought that at some point in the future Bob the cat would become human again.

But only once have I read somebody conjecture that we would be.....time traveling.

Take a closer look at Robert's letter to himself. Not only does it make no sense in context of a future event, but they sound exactly like instructions to himself in the PAST.

This is a letter to a Robert, the man who seeks to slay the Dragonkin, but does not know how. But Robert, the man who has already slain the Dragonkin, knows exactly where to find the secret of the bane ore and how to get there.

This "future" Robert also knows of you, and of what you will need to do in a time beyond his own, in order to ensure that the Dragonkin do not succeed in their second uprising, and so that you will be able to complete the cycle and give the note back to himself in the past. He instructs the Robert of the past to remember to aid you in your future quest, and to where you will be in order for him to leave the note for you in the Temple Knight's records for you to take Bob's collar. (Remember when you asked Lady Table for information, and the only excerpt was from Robert, who somehow referred to you years in the past?)

He also tells past Robert precise details that future Robert should have no business knowing....unless he were told earlier about it....from himself....through the note he asks you to deliver to him.

Further supporting this situation is the wording in the note to you. He does not refer to a specific time as to when you are to give him the note, just that he is not a cat, leaving the timeframe open to interpretation. He leaves a very precious unique necklace, that only he would recognize, because since being a time traveler in the first place already hurts your credibility, there's no way in hell Robert of the past would even acknowledge such crazy talk from a stranger unless you were to be carrying a necklace identical to the one Robert is carrying, and would never give up, unless it were really important circumstances, such as fulfilling a stable time loop during his last moments as a human, and being able to sacrifice his most valued keepsake for this purpose.

TLDR

1. You find the notes that Robert has left behind.

2. You go back into the past, with the necklace to prove your story true. Robert of the past takes the note, despite never finding out what your name is. He uses the secret of the bane ore to drive back the Dragonkin during his time.

3. Near the end of his life, Robert goes through the lengths to copy the note he gave himself, and to write you a note, as instructed, not to mention leave a hint in the Temple Knights archives. He also has a cat collar created for his reincarnation in the future from a fragment of a Kethsian mural, and probably plants it somewhere where it will be found by whatever contrived sequence of events that it takes to get to him, as indicated by the exact year in time in the note. He stashes all of these other items in Kethsi, ensuring that only you will be able to find the key.

4. Several thousand years later, Robert reincarnates as Bob. You meet him and become friends.

5. The Dragonkin attack again. This situation triggers the events necessary to access the clue Robert left you.

6. See step 1.

So, in conclusion, there will be a quest in the future (also, in the past), it will require you to be able to cast the tune bane ore spell from the lunar spellbook on some dragonkin remains that you presumably manage to get during that quest, and it will possibly require you to have a certain magical key that can time travel.

"Hey wise guy, if this is all true, then who was the person who started the cycle in the first place?"

shut up

8f14270694.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do realize that there is a large gaping hole in the story, where somehow both you and Robert need to obtain dragonkin remains in the first place in order to enchant the bane ore so that you can kill the dragonkin, but I think that one's best told by the quest in another ridiculous time loop in which you end up giving yourself the remains after procuring them by killing some dragonkin using bane bolts that were enchanted by the remains that you had given yourself earlier.

This is commonly referred to in the business as "hax".

8f14270694.jpg

I do realize that there is a large gaping hole in the story, where somehow both you and Robert need to obtain dragonkin remains in the first place in order to enchant the bane ore so that you can kill the dragonkin, but I think that one's best told by the quest in another ridiculous time loop in which you end up giving yourself the remains after procuring them by killing some dragonkin using bane bolts that were enchanted by the remains that you had given yourself earlier.

You don't necessarily need their remains to tune the ore. We'll probably find something else, the spell can be used on locations as well as items.

But yeah, I actually thought that we will be doing some time travelling in a future quest.

We also got told 'the time is plus 2139' in one of the notes, so I'm assuming that will actually relate to the year that we will be travelling to.

Dragonkin created dragons to defend themselves during the godwars, implication being pre-stone use they were weak blighters and were being killed; ergo somewhere there is dragonkin remains already.

Plus there was a dragonkin skele for yeaaaarrrrrrsss in the wildy, i think it might even still be there.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Interesting for sure!

What awesome quest potential, if we get to timetravel to the 2nd age, fight along Robert the Strong and kill some dragonkin :) Btw, it also opens up the possibility to use the Stone of Jas again, because it still is still around in the past ;) (hence the dragonkin being there)....

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

There are dragonkin remains near daemonheim in the wilderness.

crossed_body.png

Random thought how awesome would it be if we do time travel to the pre-ruinous wildy (as seen in the saradomin cutscene) and we kill the Dragonkin who are fleeing thus creating the remains in the wilderness we've seen for years. Sort of another nod to the player, kinda like how we helped Sarah(?) invent herblore in meeting history

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Random thought how awesome would it be if we do time travel to the pre-ruinous wildy (as seen in the saradomin cutscene) and we kill the Dragonkin who are fleeing thus creating the remains in the wilderness we've seen for years. Sort of another nod to the player, kinda like how we helped Sarah(?) invent herblore in meeting history

Ok -- why is this sounding more and more like a Star Trek episode? :rolleyes:

... and not in a BAD way ... :mrgreen:

nyuseg.png

Dear God, that is kinda confusing... However! I have the perfect explination to it all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_Ry8J_jdw

1 more notch for mine and Will H's theory that The Doctor is actually trapped in RS...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Dear God, that is kinda confusing... However! I have the perfect explination to it all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_Ry8J_jdw

1 more notch for mine and Will H's theory that The Doctor is actually trapped in RS...

YES!

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

What if it isn't a time loop but events just repeat themselves? Meaning every couple of thousand years the dragonkin return, someone who touched the Stone of Jas has to defeat them and Robert the Strong keeps getting reincarnated without his memories to help fight them, kind of like the heroes in the Wheel of Time series.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

I didn't really realize there was any confusion about this. It seemed time travelly immediately to me during the quest. Kept wondering when during the quest that the stone of jas was going to send us back to meet Robert the strong. Then again, Blink was one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes, so maybe I just kind of jumped to that conclusion.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

What if it isn't a time loop but events just repeat themselves? Meaning every couple of thousand years the dragonkin return, someone who touched the Stone of Jas has to defeat them and Robert the Strong keeps getting reincarnated without his memories to help fight them, kind of like the heroes in the Wheel of Time series.

Then the necklace is worthless, Just like a necklace made by Ilyena would mean nothing to Rand before Lews Therin started speaking.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Then the necklace is worthless, Just like a necklace made by Ilyena would mean nothing to Rand before Lews Therin started speaking.

But the necklace might look identical to one made by this cycle's Robert's beloved. The necklace is just to get Robert's attention so he believes the character when they show him the note.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

I refuse to believe that the bones in the wilderness are what you need to use, based on the grounds that they are located in the unsafe area.

Do you think Ilsinor could be an elf?

Also, a quest having level 87 magic and possibly 82 smithing and 80 fletching requirements....that's gonna be a handful.

8f14270694.jpg

I refuse to believe that the bones in the wilderness are what you need to use, based on the grounds that they are located in the unsafe area.

Point is, remains exist. Maybe you'll have to invade their castle in the future and bring some kind of relic or remain to the past.

Plus:

As with all existing wildy quests, if we do need them it'll be instanced.

But yeah main point of reference for bringing them up was Dragonkin remains exist already 100% definitely which covered the point of "if dragonkin are so unbeatable how are we going to get remains to tune bane ore so we can hit them"

Plv6Dz6.jpg