Finally figured out bob's note (major spoilers, post-ROTM)

strilmus

Whoever writes the quests' plot has indeed impressed me. (and also OP for figuring out stuff)

For me, RS is a game where the lore, quests and storyline has always been vastly superior to gameplay - unfortunately, most of the game is the nasty grind - and just even more nasty grind.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever writes the quests' plot has indeed impressed me. (and also OP for figuring out stuff)

For me, RS is a game where the lore, quests and storyline has always been vastly superior to gameplay - unfortunately, most of the game is the nasty grind - and just even more nasty grind.

True. The lore and quests are also far above those of other MMOs, in my opinion, obviously.

crossed_body.png

I don't see any reason why we can't use the dragonkin remains from the one we saw robert kill to make the arrows, and then go back in time later to give him them in order to kill it.

Yes it's a paradox. But we already named the herblore skill in making history, having named it because we knew it was herblore from our experiences in the present! Time travel is fun :)

Also a thought, bob was a human back in his time and is reincarnated as a cat now. We're a human now, and guess who just happened to have a large cat familiar back then? :o

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I must be a bit behind, but are the dragonkin remains you guys are talking about refer to the bones in the Volcano?

The original ones were in the BH place, dunno if they still remain; but there's certainly some near daemonheim.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also a thought, bob was a human back in his time and is reincarnated as a cat now. We're a human now, and guess who just happened to have a large cat familiar back then? :o

that is kind of what i was thinking to be perfectly honest.

the whole time travel things does bring up some interesting paradoxes though that at the moment my brain cannot comprehend because it is very late/early in the morning. maybe later after i have gone to bed and then woken up i can think about it some more.

i do however think that the whole paradox would go like this.

Present (you find the note)->(you find a way to travel through time back to robert the strong, much the like keys from making and meeting history)->you go to some middle time perhaps when you are the panther type thing and help robert get some dragonkin remains to make the bane ore->(you go to the further past and give him this ore/remains)-> he makes the equipment he needs to kill the dragon kin in the future.)-> time passes he writes the note->you find it in the present.

i know this has been kinda stated i just wanted it all in one place so i could come back to it and kind of flush it out a bit better

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I'm pretty sure you don't need dragonkin remains to tune the bane ore, since you can juse use dragonbane, Dragonkinbane wouldn't even sound right.

Oh and also about the skeleton in the wilderness volcano It's there, but when examining it doesn't clarify that it's a dragonkin as a fact, it's more of an easter egg.

dragonkino.png

And about the time travel theory, yeah I thought it was pretty obvious that something like that is gonna be involved after reading Robert's letters. I'm not a big fan of overspeculating and since we don't have sufficient info to work on I won't comment on further.

A little offtopic:

Buut.. Since we're talking about ROTM (kinda) I was shocked that Nomad's requiem wasn't included as a requirement for it, When you defeat Nomad and he proclaims you have doomed the world I was sure he was talking about Lucien. If not, is there anyone powerful enough to pose a threat to the whole world that Nomad would be gaining power to stop? Perhaps he knows about dragonkin?Or perhaps an unknown enemy remains?

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Jmods have confirmed a million and one times Nomad has NOTHING to do with the mahjratt.

Also NOTHING he said remotely confirmed lucien as his master, it was all just pure speculation of Nomad has a strong master; lucien is epic it must be him.

And dragonbane wouldn't work, dragonkin aren't weak dragons. Dragons to Dragonkin are like Vampyres (the weak ones in haunted woods) are to Vyrewatch

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Jmods have confirmed a million and one times Nomad has NOTHING to do with the mahjratt.

Also NOTHING he said remotely confirmed lucien as his master, it was all just pure speculation of Nomad has a strong master; lucien is epic it must be him.

And dragonbane wouldn't work, dragonkin aren't weak dragons. Dragons to Dragonkin are like Vampyres (the weak ones in haunted woods) are to Vyrewatch

Um, maybe he is tryin to stop the return of Zaros? Only thing I could really think of.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

Um, maybe he is tryin to stop the return of Zaros? Only thing I could really think of.

Zaros plot = Azzanadra = Mahjaratt...Jmods have confirmed Nomad has NOTHING to do with mahajratt

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Zaros plot = Azzanadra = Mahjaratt...Jmods have confirmed Nomad has NOTHING to do with mahajratt

With any Mahjarrat or did they mean not to do with the MOTM storyline? He could easily have something to do with Azzanadra outside of that storyline. Jagex has been known to not clarify statements very well.

With any Mahjarrat or did they mean not to do with the MOTM storyline? He could easily have something to do with Azzanadra outside of that storyline. Jagex has been known to not clarify statements very well.

They said The Nomad story line does not cross with any mahajaratt story lines; pretty clear. Mahajaratt centric story = no nomad overlap

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Theres also the fact that nomad talks about his master coming to get him rather than sending assassins, when earlier in the quest in a cutscene he dispatches the group of elite dark warrior/ranger/mage, who were explicitly being controlled by Lucien in WGS.

Not that it really matters, jagex makes it all up as they go along then akwardly mash contrived silliness in when a storylines next instalment comes about to retcon the story into whatever the developer feels like that day. "the penguins are plotting to take over runescape!" RETCON "the penguins are being controlled by the sea slugs!" (after Pillar On The Queen....... I mean Salt In The Wound) "the penguins werent being controlled, they just thought they were".

As a certain white haired sage once said "you're not thinking 4-dimensionally!"

Theres also the fact that nomad talks about his master coming to get him rather than sending assassins, when earlier in the quest in a cutscene he dispatches the group of elite dark warrior/ranger/mage, who were explicitly being controlled by Lucien in WGS.

Not that it really matters, jagex makes it all up as they go along then akwardly mash contrived silliness in when a storylines next instalment comes about to retcon the story into whatever the developer feels like that day. "the penguins are plotting to take over runescape!" RETCON "the penguins are being controlled by the sea slugs!" (after Pillar On The Queen....... I mean Salt In The Wound) "the penguins werent being controlled, they just thought they were".

As a certain white haired sage once said "you're not thinking 4-dimensionally!"

I think any person in the Black Knights could be the person since they sent them, not just Lucien. Hope it isn't like Void quests and be a random guy...

OMG, Romily Weaklax, the piemaker, is the secret cook for a Black Knight gathering, poisoned them all, and took over it. :rolleyes:

I think any person in the Black Knights could be the person since they sent them, not just Lucien. Hope it isn't like Void quests and be a random guy...

OMG, Romily Weaklax, the piemaker, is the secret cook for a Black Knight gathering, poisoned them all, and took over it. :rolleyes:

close, but needs more "and romily is also a secret member of a super secret order/race/family of [whatever]who are so secret that we've never talked or even alluded to them before even though theyre behind everything. until we make the next set of character to be behind everything next week"

THIS crossed my mind too. Only, the black panther (I think) dies in the cutscene.... :unsure:

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

I had a theory like 3 or 4 years ago that Lord Drakan's castle used to be the Dragonkin their castle before Robert the Strong killed them, i came to that conclusion because the architecture of Drakans Castle and the Castle you see in the quest looked a lot like eachother IMO

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

THIS crossed my mind too. Only, the black panther (I think) dies in the cutscene.... :unsure:

Yep, so we were a cat who got reincarnated as a human. Makes sense... if you're high... :rolleyes:

Yep, so we were a cat who got reincarnated as a human. Makes sense... if you're high... :rolleyes:

You do realize that it's no more incredulous than a man being reincarnated as a cat?

You do realize that this is a video game?

*sigh*

hzvjpwS.gif

You do realize that it's no more incredulous than a man being reincarnated as a cat?

You do realize that this is a video game?

Obviously. That's how it all strikes a balance. Explains why the Balance Elemental talked about our funeral. :thumbup:

*sigh*

Obviously. That's how it all strikes a balance. Explains why the Balance Elemental talked about our funeral. :thumbup:

*sigh*

Honestly I have no idea what you were trying to say.

About being high? Well, I think the guys who came up with this stuff were high. :P

*sigh*

Honestly I have no idea what you were trying to say.

About being high? Well, I think the guys who came up with this stuff were high. :P

Ahhh, well, that's a horse of a different color :P

hzvjpwS.gif