04-Oct-2011 - Chat Changes & Camera Controls

Howlin0001

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice the text for "View Game / 2 more options"? Looks like they may be changing the font pack for the rest of the game.

I thought it looked funny as well. Figured I was crazy.

Nah. That's just the option for showing game messages on "All" or "Filtered". Nothing new.

But holy crap, that tower looks awesome! I can't wait to pwn some of those noob bosses that picked on me in the past, and test my mettle against some serious badasses with special rules and restrictions! Bring it on, DOMINION TOWER!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Notice the text for "View Game / 2 more options"? Looks like they may be changing the font pack for the rest of the game.

I thought it looked funny as well. Figured I was crazy.

Nah. That's just the option for showing game messages on "All" or "Filtered". Nothing new.

But holy crap, that tower looks awesome! I can't wait to pwn some of those noob bosses that picked on me in the past, and test my mettle against some serious badasses with special rules and restrictions! Bring it on, DOMINION TOWER!

We're talking about the font being used.

4e0Vn.png

Feel like this might be the inside of the concept art we got earlier this month.

PrivS.jpg

[hide=concept art]H1M2R.jpg[/hide]

nvm, the concept art is of a tower in a beautiful green oasis.

The other bts concept art is of the dominion tower door that matches the big stone face.

So looks to be the lobby of the dominion tower.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Feel like this might be the inside of the concept art we got earlier this month.

PrivS.jpg

THE CONCEPT ART, NOT THE DAMN pic of zammy's mutated skull.

meamzed.png

PrivS.jpg

oasis? nuh uh. I'm pretty sure thats a river, and the tower is in the middle of the desert.

somewhere near polleneivitch?

Fairly sure that was sarcasm

queste.png303/324

PrivS.jpg

oasis? nuh uh. I'm pretty sure thats a river, and the tower is in the middle of the desert.

I really don't see what there was to be sarcastic about in the first place. It's like going outside on a sunny day and saying "gee it sure is couldy today". Not everything warrants sarcasm, it just leads to confusion. Especially when portrayed in a text format; we can't hear the tone of your voice, so you could be colorblind and think the sand is actually green grass for all we know.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

PrivS.jpg

I really don't see what there was to be sarcastic about in the first place. It's like going outside on a sunny day and saying "gee it sure is couldy today". Not everything warrants sarcasm, it just leads to confusion. Especially when portrayed in a text format; we can't hear the tone of your voice, so you could be colorblind and think the sand is actually green grass for all we know.

Being colorblind doesn't make you see completely opposite colors of every shade

queste.png303/324

Its people reference the fact I said it was a slightly green-ish tint to the yellow hue on the ground and could easily be several locations such as jungle or beach rather than just desert and that I felt desert was unlikely as the architecture didn't seem to fit with current desert buildings that are all egyptian or arabian styles.

Though obviously this new interior screenshot pretty much confirms it is in the desert, unless jagex really has done something bizzare to justify the sand.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

In any case it's quite clear to see that the symbol all over the in-game media picture matches the symbol right aboe the doorway in the concept art, and it's not the "generic" symbol of Zamorak either.

Which is why it's interesting. Why is Zamorak's influence in the desert? How is it related to resurrecting past foes? Why is the symbol unique?

2dgucz6.png

In any case it's quite clear to see that the symbol all over the in-game media picture matches the symbol right aboe the doorway in the concept art, and it's not the "generic" symbol of Zamorak either.

Which is why it's interesting. Why is Zamorak's influence in the desert? How is it related to resurrecting past foes? Why is the symbol unique?

Probably the symbol for one of the desert gods, afterall we do have Itchalrin(sp?) god of the dead and Amascut was the goddess of rebirth til she went all mad and evil. The later in particular would fit with resurrecting old enemies.

Plus it puts me in mind of Scarabas head; the zammy symbol type part would match the headress/horns roughly, then the angular bull-ish face and the bit scarab jaws:

scarabas_god.gif

And resurectting foes would also kinda fit with scarabites increased mental powers (figuring out how to make the tower etc) and their increased physicality via training there. Could also perhaps explain slight green-ish hue in concept art if its down in that swampy corner.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Probably the symbol for one of the desert gods, afterall we do have Itchalrin(sp?) god of the dead and Amascut was the goddess of rebirth til she went all mad and evil. The later in particular would fit with resurrecting old enemies.

Plus it puts me in mind of Scarabas head; the zammy symbol type part would match the headress/horns roughly, then the angular bull-ish face and the bit scarab jaws:

scarabas_god.gif

And resurectting foes would also kinda fit with scarabites increased mental powers (figuring out how to make the tower etc) and their increased physicality via training there. Could also perhaps explain slight green-ish hue in concept art if its down in that swampy corner.

I really don't think that ornate temples is Scabaras' style though, they seek to hide away underground to live very spartan lifestyles, and practically do nothing other than meditate when Amascut isn't riling them up. I would expect a temple of Scabaras to be extremely simple, and underground. If it's not Zamorakian, maybe it's a temple for a demon of some kind?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

if it is in the desert expect traps for no godly reason

scarabas_god.gif

I really don't think that ornate temples is Scabaras' style though, they seek to hide away underground to live very spartan lifestyles, and practically do nothing other than meditate when Amascut isn't riling them up. I would expect a temple of Scabaras to be extremely simple, and underground. If it's not Zamorakian, maybe it's a temple for a demon of some kind?

Well the one other Scarabas temple we seen was fairly ornate and it is implied while they did spend a lot of time isolated that until somewhere around the 3rd or 4th age they weren't completely cut off being regarded as philosophers and intellectuals; so they would be highly valued and have the funds etc to build ornate places. Besides it's not all that ornate really, the pillars are quite crude and the chains and other than tht 1 logo not much decor. Only major feature is the door, which is implied to be some magical talking door.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Notice how the character they used has 99 prayer points -.-

I noticed that too. No surprise that bugs come into the game if their test servers aren't fully up to date... :rolleyes:

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

I noticed that too. No surprise that bugs come into the game if their test servers aren't fully up to date... :rolleyes:

Could easily be a very old screenshot, for all we know the tower's main cosmetics have been done for months and they have just been working out the back-end technical side of things and factoring in new ideas.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Could easily be a very old screenshot, for all we know the tower's main cosmetics have been done for months and they have just been working out the back-end technical side of things and factoring in new ideas.

True, but it is odd that they would make a screenshot save it for a long time to later use it somewhere...

Also, seems like they tried to put in that table with a chest and some potions just in the picture.

Almost like "Hey if we took a screenie of only the centre it would be dull, look at what's at the side over here... a table with stuff on it, but don't worry it's a useles table...only there for arty reasons"

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

I could see that jagex would design a concept such as fighting old baddies and incorporating a supply table similar to troll invasion, but maybe it's a bank for equipment? Suppose the dominion tower warns you of your handicaps and boss dangers before entering the boss room and that table is a bank for stocking in between run-ins.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

True, but it is odd that they would make a screenshot save it for a long time to later use it somewhere...

Also, seems like they tried to put in that table with a chest and some potions just in the picture.

Almost like "Hey if we took a screenie of only the centre it would be dull, look at what's at the side over here... a table with stuff on it, but don't worry it's a useles table...only there for arty reasons"

Prayer points were changed pretty recently and they know a general outline for updates. They could have taken the picture pre PP change and held on to it knowing that the Dominion tower was coming.

That or they took the picture on a server that still uses the old PP system.

4e0Vn.png