more untradable stuff

wakka102

I think that in the future we should see more untradable things much like the "fire cape". I think that it would be neat to have, say for example, dark beasts drop some item that is nice but it is untradable. This would give you the ability to show off your skills in the game. Meaning if you have this item, and your using it, it must mean that you 90+ slayer. This would give alot of people more of an encentive to actually play the game (referring to merchants mostly, not hatin on merchants or anything, but theres just too many of them nowdays). I could see this sort of thing occuring in many different skills in the game, such as with herblore being able to make special potions that are quiet nice and helpful but only you can use them.

My point in short is that i really like the update of the "fire cape" which i still have yet to get, and I'd like to see this sort of idea incorporated into skills and other aspects of the game.

Here are some Ideas posted on page 2 by "darkdude98". These are definitly what I was going for...

Attack, Strength, Defence, Level 90 is a cape (All different) and 99 is another cape, to get these capes speak to the person who sells legends cape at the Legends Guild. The level 90 cape is the same stats as Legends, While the 99 one is the same as Obsidian Cape.

Hits: Level 90 - Small Food Pouch - Stores 5 bits of food. Level 99 - Large Food Pouch, Holds 10 bits of food. (Can only use one of these items at a time, gotten from the person in the Champions Guild)

Range: Level 90 - Black Bow - Same as Magic Shortbow, but it's black.

Level 99: Rangers Cape - Gives a slight bonus to range attack. Both gotten from the rangers guild.

Magic: Level 90 - A staff of some kind, nothing special about it other than it's looks. Level 99 - Elemental Staff - Has Infinite Runes for all elements (Note, can only choose one element at a time) - Gotten from Mage Guild.

Prayer: Level 90 - Special Monks robes, give slightly better Prayer Bonus than normal monks robes, and look different. Level 99: Better version of the monks robes. Gotten from the monestry.

Runecrafting: Level 90 - Runecrafting Cape - Gives .5 xp more per Essence Level 99: Runecrafting Gaunts - Makes Mining Rune Essence Slighlty Quicker (Gotten from the Zamorak Mage)

Agility: Level 90: Energy Boots - Energy Restores a bit quicker, Level 99: Agility Cape: Your Weight is ALWAYS 0kg. (Gotten From one of the people at Rouges den)

Herblore: Level 90: Ring Of Herblore - 10% chance the potions you're making have 4 doses. Level 99: Ring of Herblore (Better Version) - 20% chance the potions you're making have 4 doses. (Gotten From a druid)

Thieving: Level 90: Cape of Slyness - 10% less Chance You'll be Caught. Level 99: Cape of Stealth - 20% less chance you'll be caught. (Gotten from someone in Rouges Den)

Crafting: Level 90: Golden Chisel - More Exp for Cutting Gems - less chance of Crushed gems Level 99: Crafting Cape - 10% chance of requiring one less hide per item (Doesn't work with things that require just one hide) - Gotten from crafting guild.

Fletching: Level 90: Fletchers Hat - 10% chance you don't use your bowstring when stringing a bow ("You have some string left over!") - Fletchers Cape - 20% chance of the above happening -

Slayer: Level 90: Slayers Cape - 5% chance that you get 10% more slayer xp from a monster. Level 99: Slayers Ring - Better Version of Ring Of Wealth - Gotten from any of the slayer masters

Mining: Level 90: Silver Pickaxe, same stats as Rune. Level 99: Gold Pickaxe, Slightly better than rune. - Gotten from the Mining Guild

Smithing: Level 90: Smelting Gaunts - 20% chance of halving the ammount of coal needed per bar. Level 99: Smithing cape - 10% chance that you use 1 less bar per item (2 bars or more) - Gotten from Keldagrim.

Fishing: Level 90: Fishermans Cape - More Likely to catch Fish. Level 99: Fishermans Gaunts - 5% chance of getting 2 fish instead of one. - Gotten From Fishing guild

Cooking: Level 90: Cooking Apron - 10% chance of getting more xp per item you cook. - Level 99: Chefs hat (better) - 10% chance that you'll cook the item to perfection, which heals 2 more per bite. (Note, this items are Non tradeable) - Gotten from Cooking Guild.

Firemaking: Level 90: Pyromaniacs Staff - 20% better chance of getting a key from Shades of Mort'ton - Level 99: 35% chance of the above happening. - Gotten from the Shop keeper dude in Mort'ton

Woodcutting: Level 90: Silver Hatchet - Same as rune, but Silver, Level 99: Gold Hatcher - Slightly Better than rune. - Gotten from Someone in Seers

Farming: Level 90: Farming Hat - 10% chance of a higher Yield - Level 99: Farming Dungerees: 20% chance of a higher Yield. - Gotten from any of the Farming People.

the items dont have to be "that" great, but i think if you make items that look uber cool and give a bit of an advantage, it would really get more people to play the game, because everbody seems to be obssessed with who is the richest and almost every aspect of runescape can be bought.

Items like fire cape are excellent for showing high player status, but personally, I find it comforting to be able to buy an item, if it proves to be too hard for me to get. With all the stress I've already experienced on the times I've died to Tztok-Jad, I'd much rather earn the money to buy a cape than have to kill him for it.

However, I definitely support untradable items for having high skills like 90 slayer, etc., because there's nothing stressful about training for a high level. It just takes longer.

kindness.png

I think items that show your skills should be untradable. Rare items on the other hand should be tradable. Cuz what if one guy wants to collect all party hats, or get all the holiday drops to his/her collection.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Yea, they should have done this with the Infinity Robes, since I think those look amazing. Also if like, they introduced this new armor, just SLIGHTLY better than rune, not so much drag, but takes 90+ smithing, ya know? So there's a reason other than money for it.

hi, rune takes 99 smithing or 98 if you have a pot

Yea, they should have done this with the Infinity Robes, since I think those look amazing. Also if like, they introduced this new armor, just SLIGHTLY better than rune, not so much drag, but takes 90+ smithing, ya know? So there's a reason other than money for it.

hi, rune takes 99 smithing or 98 if you have a pot

Hi, it'd be untradeable, no profit. No reason to make more than one or two if you die.

61784167.jpg

the items dont have to be "that" great, but i think if you make items that look uber cool and give a bit of an advantage, it would really get more people to play the game, because everbody seems to be obssessed with who is the richest and almost every aspect of runescape can be bought.
Yes, I like the idea of just slightly better but good looking items as a reward for a high skill. And yeah, I am sick of all the posts on every board about how to make easy money quick, making money instead of working on their skills seems to be the only goal for many players, which I think is sad.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

well tradable conveniences are damaging to the economy, think of santa hats, christmas crackers, and party hats!!!

they actually are stopping prices going insanely high idiot, they control the economy and remove the excess cash not ruin it.

tipitsigkk0.jpg

well i would like that idea, and yes infinity should be untradable.

well speaking abotu merchanting, there is small group of people who actualy good at it, all those new players who shouts: i wanna get rich my merchanting help me plz!!!!!, won't ever get rich or become good merchants. it is a skill, not in scores but in your brain. it's either u have one or u don't :)

personaly i hate merchanting but i have respect for people who does that good and learns it bit by bit.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

something as simple as a unique, good looking cape for each skill. It would give an advantage in the skill - the fire cape puts your bonusses up.

A...fishing cape would increase the rate at which you get the better option from your patch - more swordies as opposed to tuna.

And so on..

Something recognisable, that gives a good effect, for every skill. Possibly it could materialise out of thin air when you hit lvl 99.

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

Agreed, when I see someone with a fire cape I look up to that person and dream of having a cape like that one day. I've been thinking about this but haven't posted, anything you want in Runescape (except fire cape) you can buy, you can buy Party hats (status), any armour, you can practically buy any stat up if you throw in some extra time but with enough cash not much time. This is one of the reaons i think about moving to other games. Only reason I stick with RS is because I don't have 15 bucks a month, and I want that fire cape and I love Castle Wars

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

How about a gold pickaxe for rune miners!

same stats as rune but looks cool!!!maybe some bonus like get back for free if you louse it

i think not... maybe the stats of mith.. juz like those Cwars armour.. looks not bad but lousier stats compared to runite armours

Instead of making good items untradable, another option is to require the level needed to obtain the item to the list of requirements needed to wear / wield / use the item.

For instance granite mauls can be obtained from level 71 slayer (using mature slayers respite) and Abyssal whips can be obtained from level 81 slayer (again: using respite) so to wield those weapons you would need to have at least 71 or 81 slayer.

This way you can trade for the item if you are unlucky on drops, while wielding the item still shows that you were able to get one on your own.

Yes, I like the idea of just slightly better but good looking items as a reward for a high skill. And yeah, I am sick of all the posts on every board about how to make easy money quick, making money instead of working on their skills seems to be the only goal for many players, which I think is sad.

AMEN to that m8

I believe that there should be 2 untradeable items for every Stats.

One Requires 90 in that skill, the other requires 99. These Items wouldn't give a huge advtange (If any) and are more there to show that you're a high level in that skill.

Attack, Strength, Defence, Level 90 is a cape (All different) and 99 is another cape, to get these capes speak to the person who sells legends cape at the Legends Guild. The level 90 cape is the same stats as Legends, While the 99 one is the same as Obsidian Cape.

Hits: Level 90 - Small Food Pouch - Stores 5 bits of food. Level 99 - Large Food Pouch, Holds 10 bits of food. (Can only use one of these items at a time, gotten from the person in the Champions Guild)

Range: Level 90 - Black Bow - Same as Magic Shortbow, but it's black.

Level 99: Rangers Cape - Gives a slight bonus to range attack. Both gotten from the rangers guild.

Magic: Level 90 - A staff of some kind, nothing special about it other than it's looks. Level 99 - Elemental Staff - Has Infinite Runes for all elements (Note, can only choose one element at a time) - Gotten from Mage Guild.

Prayer: Level 90 - Special Monks robes, give slightly better Prayer Bonus than normal monks robes, and look different. Level 99: Better version of the monks robes. Gotten from the monestry.

Runecrafting: Level 90 - Runecrafting Cape - Gives .5 xp more per Essence Level 99: Runecrafting Gaunts - Makes Mining Rune Essence Slighlty Quicker (Gotten from the Zamorak Mage)

Agility: Level 90: Energy Boots - Energy Restores a bit quicker, Level 99: Agility Cape: Your Weight is ALWAYS 0kg. (Gotten From one of the people at Rouges den)

Herblore: Level 90: Ring Of Herblore - 10% chance the potions you're making have 4 doses. Level 99: Ring of Herblore (Better Version) - 20% chance the potions you're making have 4 doses. (Gotten From a druid)

Thieving: Level 90: Cape of Slyness - 10% less Chance You'll be Caught. Level 99: Cape of Stealth - 20% less chance you'll be caught. (Gotten from someone in Rouges Den)

Crafting: Level 90: Golden Chisel - More Exp for Cutting Gems - less chance of Crushed gems Level 99: Crafting Cape - 10% chance of requiring one less hide per item (Doesn't work with things that require just one hide) - Gotten from crafting guild.

Fletching: Level 90: Fletchers Hat - 10% chance you don't use your bowstring when stringing a bow ("You have some string left over!") - Fletchers Cape - 20% chance of the above happening -

Slayer: Level 90: Slayers Cape - 5% chance that you get 10% more slayer xp from a monster. Level 99: Slayers Ring - Better Version of Ring Of Wealth - Gotten from any of the slayer masters

Mining: Level 90: Silver Pickaxe, same stats as Rune. Level 99: Gold Pickaxe, Slightly better than rune. - Gotten from the Mining Guild

Smithing: Level 90: Smelting Gaunts - 20% chance of halving the ammount of coal needed per bar. Level 99: Smithing cape - 10% chance that you use 1 less bar per item (2 bars or more) - Gotten from Keldagrim.

Fishing: Level 90: Fishermans Cape - More Likely to catch Fish. Level 99: Fishermans Gaunts - 5% chance of getting 2 fish instead of one. - Gotten From Fishing guild

Cooking: Level 90: Cooking Apron - 10% chance of getting more xp per item you cook. - Level 99: Chefs hat (better) - 10% chance that you'll cook the item to perfection, which heals 2 more per bite. (Note, this items are Non tradeable) - Gotten from Cooking Guild.

Firemaking: Level 90: Pyromaniacs Staff - 20% better chance of getting a key from Shades of Mort'ton - Level 99: 35% chance of the above happening. - Gotten from the Shop keeper dude in Mort'ton

Woodcutting: Level 90: Silver Hatchet - Same as rune, but Silver, Level 99: Gold Hatcher - Slightly Better than rune. - Gotten from Someone in Seers

Farming: Level 90: Farming Hat - 10% chance of a higher Yield - Level 99: Farming Dungerees: 20% chance of a higher Yield. - Gotten from any of the Farming People.

That took a while to think up :P

Really great ideas dark dude, I may not be near level 90 in most of my skills, but I think an update like this would encourage skill training and reduce the amount of people who don't work so hard for their money. Slight not over the top bonuses for the items works well and would encourage training in several skills (I can imagine agility and firemaking becoming more popular). It also gives an item for high levels giving a point power training a skill after certain point, for example after 85 fletching training it for things other than money is pointless.

Once again great ideas.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

I would like to see "99 capes" or capes whichrequire a 99 stat, but give a very nice bonus. For instance: Few people see a reason to go form 98-99 runecrafting. What if this was the following

Strength: +15 Strength

Attack: +15 all attacks

Defense: +15 all Defense

Hitpoints: Always has the healing prayeron

Magic: +15 mage attack and def

Prayer: Always +15% attack strength and Defense (Like the top prayers) to make 99 prayer worth the combats

Herblore: All potions become 4-dosers.

Runecrafting: 1 extra rune per essence (eg 3 nats, 2 bloods, etc.)

Those are the sort of things I'd be liking.

Urza. The One. The Legend.

96703366.thumb3.jpeg