We're back!

Was constantly clicking on my tip.it bookmark out of habit all week. :P

Great to be back. Thanks for all the work you put in Peter!

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hereby solemny swear I'll buy Peter a drink next time I see him!

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

Good work getting back online people, glad you got the gap closed and the site back up and running.

sebas379.png

[hide]

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing;

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews;

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores;

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[/hide]

Hide tags are broken right now, i got some random code or something for one i used

Also, I had to attempt to change my password a couple times before it worked <_<

If the hacker was a house, i would of burned it down by now

Edit: remove the auto log in message for waiting 15 minutes, its quite misleading

Stats[hide]Z_e_n_o.png[/hide]

...and of the warning that we should change our passwords on all other websites which had the same password from this website. Does that still stand?

Absolutely. The people responsible for the hack have our database, which includes encrypted passwords. Any insecure password (dictionary words, etc.) can be decrypted quite easily. Better to be safe than sorry. This is especially important if you use this password in any place that contains your credit card information (sites like Amazon).

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

All the posts prior to the forums going down should still be here :thumbup:

okay

Do you guys have an idea wich evil basterds did this?

Given they replaced the tip.it homepage with their "advert" and usual waffle about what they "found" on the servers its pretty clear who did it.

No idea which people did it (maybe I just don't know them) were it the same guys as the ones that hacked runehq?

Thanks for the people who have worked hard for the last few days!

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Can you please state:

1) How long they had access to the server from (Date and time of first access)

2) When the major database dump occured

So I can know which of my passwords they were likely to have obtained (I noticed odd things on the site several hours before it went down so change my password to something random).

I missed not being able to check here everyday!

Thanks to all who got Tip.it and the forums back up! :thumbsup:

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

Can you please state:

So I can know which of my passwords they were likely to have obtained (I noticed odd things on the site several hours before it went down so change my password to something random).

Assume they have all the passwords you used for TIF within the past few years.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Can you please state:

Assume they have all the passwords you used for TIF within the past few years.

Why would they have them all? That makes absolutely no sense.

Also, notifications are broken and are not appearing.

Like I said - assume all your passwords within the past few years have been taken.

That's not what I asked.

I want to know dates of the backups taken, how recent was the most recent backup for example. It's simple information to give and you're not being at all helpful by posting that over and over again when it's not the answer to the question I'm asking. There's a lot more reasons to wanting to know the dates of all the versions of the database they got than just passwords. There's absolutely no reason not to give the dates, it's a simple request. By not giving them you're not doing your userbase justice after you've just cocked up, it's the very least you can do.

Like I said - assume everything within the past few years has been taken. I don't know exactly what dates the backups were that they got - so the safe thing to do is assume that they got everything.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Like I said - assume everything within the past few years has been taken. I don't know exactly what dates the backups were that they got - so the safe thing to do is assume that they got everything.

Or you could not keep posting the same thing over and over again and let someone who does know answer the question.

...and of the warning that we should change our passwords on all other websites which had the same password from this website. Does that still stand?

Absolutely. The people responsible for the hack have our database, which includes encrypted passwords. Any insecure password (dictionary words, etc.) can be decrypted quite easily. Better to be safe than sorry. This is especially important if you use this password in any place that contains your credit card information (sites like Amazon).

This is why I tend to use different passwords for things (ie: my TIF pw is different from the one for the e-mail account I used to register here). Although, admittedly, I did use the same e-mail to register both here and on RS (with different pw's, of course) which I quickly changed when Tip.It was hacked.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one going through TIF withdrawal the last couple of days. :lol: Congrats to the Tip.It staff for quickly dealing with the problem and getting us back up and running. =D>

Innkeeper! Drinks all 'round! :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...