Andrew Gower...

pal2002

Jagex, which stands for Just About the Game Experience, is the Cambridge UK based games studio that both develops and publishes the world's most popular Free Massively Multiplayer Online Game - RuneScape.

Wait, I thought Jagex standed for java gaming experts? :blink:

They changed that with some game they made which wasn't Java based. World of Legends or something like that.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex, which stands for Just About the Game Experience, is the Cambridge UK based games studio that both develops and publishes the world's most popular Free Massively Multiplayer Online Game - RuneScape.

Wait, I thought Jagex standed for java gaming experts? :blink:

They changed that with some game they made which wasn't Java based. World of Legends or something like that.

No, they didn't make World of Legends - just published it. Hence the name change.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

He seemed very nervous in a video that Runezone shortly asked him questions. He speaks weird and looks weird. But i wish him the best because he looks like a honest person.

Will be interesting what Fen Research will make.

Guest jrhairychest

I don't see the big deal here?

The credit list, for a long time, has only shown the CURRENT team. Many big name jmods who went on to bigger and better things vanish from the list.

^This.

I see we are in another one of Pal's hate threads again and what's with the Gower trolling? If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have this game.

Ooh a post about me. :)

You could have used more up to date (and less awful :) pictures, those are 10 years old!

I'm not too bothered about not being on the credits list. I was never big on the whole fame thing, and lots of people know what I have contributed anyway.

(and yes my chin and neck are as one, bah!)

Look forward to following Fen Research though ever since I started following Jagex in 2000. Maybe he'll be cool and upload The Bottomless Pit, lol.

Ooh, I remember that one. It had cheat-codes for that cute little 2D-sidescroller-shooter game if I recall :P

heh, I just noticed this at the bottom of tip.it - shows you how the times have changed...better change that to Jagex now.. :/

RuneScape ® is a trademark of Jagex © 2000-2011 Andrew Gower

(Also there...designed for IE 6+, Mozilla 1.0+, Netscape Navigator 5+, Opera 4+..lol Netscape...wonder whatever happened to that browser?)

Heh, I'm all for being rebellious and leaving Andrew's name there. Copyright or not, RS wouldn't be here without him. Just my personal opinion, not representing Tip.It's view here.

We kept the Netscape Navigator bit in as a bit of an easter egg. I'm pretty sure some of the newer more script-intensive stuff doesn't work on Netscape at all - lord knows I never tested anything for it, and I've been on the crew for a while now :P

You could have used more up to date (and less awful :) pictures, those are 10 years old!

Well feel free to post an up-to-date photo. Photos of you are hard to find and those are the only ones we have lol

2480+ total

Well feel free to post an up-to-date photo. Photos of you are hard to find and those are the only ones we have lol

There's an up to date photo on our RuneFest page I believe.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like we got one of Paul backstage but Andrew wasn't there.

I'm not too bothered about not being on the credits list. I was never big on the whole fame thing, and lots of people know what I have contributed anyway.

When someone looks at your pic and compares you to Sid the Sloth; you post an updated pic.

I LOVE YOU EVEN MORE THAN DA LATIOS!

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen anyone from the Jagex staff post on TIF before, and here we get one from the man himself! I think I just had a small geekgasm. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Sic transit gloria Gower.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I LOVE YOU EVEN MORE THAN DA LATIOS!

How is that even possible?

On a serious note.

Nice to see you posting here Andrew and like people said, post more recent pictures of yourself if you don't want 10y pictures :P

I only have one pretty hard-to-see picture of Andrew. Not sure why I didn't take one when I was standing right next to him... :P

gowers.jpg

Mod Mark, Andrew, Paul

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Amg Andrew actually posted in my thread are you serious amg amg. :mrgreen:

/nerd moment

But wow really! Did not know that Andrew still keeps up here in this forum. Good to see him actually here.

I doubt he'll be back but please dish us some more info please :razz: if you do come back Andrew. Whats fen research working on? What's with the new Jagex?

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

If you guys "Like" Fen Research on Facebook, there is at least 1 up to date photo.

I do apologize for the poor choice in pictures. But I feared that posting the hot ones from that penguin dating site would spawn unnecessary hatred towards you :ohnoes:

I think Jagex has made it very clear that they are attempting to re-brand themselves.

The game today bears little resemblance to the game 5 years ago. Though it may not mean anything to Andrew, I think the actions of Jagex since Mark Gherard took over have shown that they want to distance themselves from the former regime and look towards the future.

britonlongbo.png