Watch out! New scam on the loose!

geoffreak

It is another drop party scam that leads people into lumbridge swamps.

People buy candles at the front to get in but candles make you take 14-18 damage and then receive many 1s!

watch out and warn people ingame not to go to any drop partys in the swamps because you will be the one dropping the stuff for them!

Sorry if you can't understand :lol:

First D-Drop on 7/2/07! (skirt)

Trading herb seeds for herbs with INSANELY GREAT ratios to earn you millions!

One of the few players of Runescape who knows PHP, Java, Javascript, HTML, and Advanced Image Editing while being under 18! \:D/

Another newish scam: someone tried to sell the the 'arena' book cheap by pretending it was the mage book (+15 mage). They actually got me to go to their world to trade a gold mystic set for it. She didn't reveal what she was trading til I got there... luckily I checked it out first! Reported as while she did eventually admit it was a scam, she still said you had to beat the arena and do 8 quests to win the book...

Also someone tried the ogre magi scam on me. Said he wanted me to weaken the ogre so he could finish a quest/slayer assignment/whatever. Again fortunately, I was busy slaying blues and it took him a while to communicate what he actually wanted. He saifd quite a lot too so he got reported... lol.

I fell for the clan joining scam, the guy gave my a candle and told me to follo him in the lumby caves... He got me to bring all my best stuff to "show the clan leader" lol, i almost lost my rune pl8 and some other stuff :oops:

Another newish scam: someone tried to sell the the 'arena' book cheap by pretending it was the mage book (+15 mage). They actually got me to go to their world to trade a gold mystic set for it. She didn't reveal what she was trading til I got there... luckily I checked it out first! Reported as while she did eventually admit it was a scam, she still said you had to beat the arena and do 8 quests to win the book...

Also someone tried the ogre magi scam on me. Said he wanted me to weaken the ogre so he could finish a quest/slayer assignment/whatever. Again fortunately, I was busy slaying blues and it took him a while to communicate what he actually wanted. He saifd quite a lot too so he got reported... lol.

I heard about Arena Book too. I wonder where this book from and what's this book use for.

I heard about Arena Book too. I wonder where this book from and what's this book use for.

You pay 100 gold for it at one of the gaurdians, my friend fell for the scam and bought it for 100k not knowing what he was buying T.T

i just saw the lumby caves one, but i am fletching in the bank and didn't go - shame i didnt go with my bullseye :twisted: that would annoy them

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

Heh I know this ones isn't new, but someone actually tried the old 'switcharoo' with dragon legs and red dragon hide last night when I was buyin a set of dragon legs. I put up 2.5 mil, they put up a noted d legs... :roll:

The second they did that i knew what they were up to. I accepted, and sure enough they switched the legs with a red d hide legs note... I am surprised, though, because I didn't realize the two of them looked so similar :shock:

It is another drop party scam that leads people into lumbridge swamps.

People buy candles at the front to get in but candles make you take 14-18 damage and then receive many 1s!

watch out and warn people ingame not to go to any drop partys in the swamps because you will be the one dropping the stuff for them!

Sorry if you can't understand :lol:

this 'scam' has been done ever since they added that cave though :)

I fell for the clan joining scam, the guy gave my a candle and told me to follo him in the lumby caves... He got me to bring all my best stuff to "show the clan leader" lol, i almost lost my rune pl8 and some other stuff

Lol why didn't you just pray and telle? :roll:

Maybe because he just doesn't bring tele runes everywhere he goes? About the scam, a friend of mine bought the book for 100k, then, even without realising that it was a scam, be traded it with me for my glory ammy, as I thought it was the Mage Book. When I realised that, and explained that to him, he actually gave a dragon longsword in exchange of the book!, even if we had met for like 10 minutes only. It's hard to see, but there are many honest people left there in Runescape.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Back on rsc when the game was fun Me and my 2 irl best friends and a couple of rs friends did it with me too but mostly my 2 irl best friends... Note... that this is before rs2 was even thougth about... I was 100 combat with the best combat stats my one rl best friend was 91 and my other was 105 with 96 mage... Well we would start in lumbridge go through draynor then through fally which on p2p stakers were all through lumby castle and behind draynor bank and all the buying/selling on p2p was by fally southeast bank... I was a staker and had a good amount of stuff 3 phat sets and extra yellows cuz they were my favorite and pinks (purple now) cuz they were worst the most.... well we would parade through rs saying drop party dropping phats d weapons etc etc etc and lead the people o ver white wolf and eventually go through wildy lever and slay them all it was so fun lmao... this just reminded me of it

I think this might be relatively unknown but here it goes.

I was in the Hero Guild caves to recharge my ammy and this guy says to me. "hey, can you kill this blue dragon for me?" "The other guy logged out and the dragon has like 10 hp left." So stupid me goes in there WITHOUT my antidragon shield *slaps self*. I tried to escape but they guy just kept closing the gates on me preventing me from escaping. So I die and lose about 600-700k worth of items on me:'(

I was in the Hero Guild caves to recharge my ammy and this guy says to me. "hey, can you kill this blue dragon for me?" "The other guy logged out and the dragon has like 10 hp left." So stupid me goes in there WITHOUT my antidragon shield *slaps self*. I tried to escape but they guy just kept closing the gates on me preventing me from escaping. So I die and lose about 600-700k worth of items on me:'(

HAHA thats kinda funny though,cant see how some people fall for such noobish things

teleku4.png

couple of people did that to me - luckily i had a lot of food and a glory. After a while running up and down i managed to teleport out on 5 health. Looks like i was luckier than you!

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!